Sierra SLE or SLT ???

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sierra SLE or SLT ???

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Sierra SLE or SLT ???

What's your opinion of the dash, console unit, the general interior appointments, between the Sierra SLE and SLT?

I like the SLT interior, but that big center module that houses the radio and hvac, seems like a big, bulbous, waste of space. Heck, there's a 2" wide band of silver trim around the whole assembly, that juts out into the cabin space. .

OTOH: The SLE dash is more functional but the rest of the SLE interior -- door handles, glove box, trim, etc. -- looks like they spent 1/2 hour on the design.

What's your opinion of Sierra interiors? Which do you like best?

piscator
    Last edited by piscator; 03-08-2009 at 01:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Sierra SLE or SLT ???

I say SLT all the way. It's nicer looking, more luxurious, and has the gauges I like (10-20-30 MPH speedometer vs. 20-40-60 in the SLE, if you know what I mean).

Thanks

I'd opt for the SLT trim, unless the price is a big point. You can easily get accustomed to the SLE trim if it's as much cheaper as it lists. How important are memory settings, also?
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado
    2013 Honda Odyssey
    2005 Chevrolet Malibu

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

S113, I didn't know that about the gauges, hmmm... learn something new every day! thanks!

Shotgun, the memory thing's not important. The heated seats are nice though, except that I always forget they're there. I've probably turned my seat-warmer on 4x in ten years -- and I haven't noticed my memory improving

I like the SLT doors and dash, but not the center console. On the SLE, I like having everything closer to eye-level. It's probably a 'coin toss' for me. Maybe I should save the money and spring for a sunroof, which I do like.

Gotta tell ya, my truck search isn't getting easier, with all the crazy stuff goin' on with GM. The dealers have so little inventory, I have to travel quite a distance just to see something.

And, as I mentioned once before, the highballing and lowballing of advertised prices is really getting bizarre. The latest extreme is $38m from one dealer and $52m from another -- for a 2009 Sierra SLT, SAME SPECS!

I know what to do! I'll offer $65m for the 2009 but they have to give me $35m for my 2000 Silverado trade-in. That'll confuse 'em!

Thanks for your comments!

piscator

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC and Buick

I like the SLE interior more... its more functional and "tough" looking. Plus the gauge cluster on the SLE is much cooler looking. I do agree the door panels on the SLT look nicer... but how often are you staring at the doors. Everyone that has ridden in my truck loves the interior. Oh make sure you get leather.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Bvonscott,

I've been leaning toward the SLE, but thinking I might have my local upholstery shop do custom leather. I'm trying to think of a way to 'lighten up' the Ebony interior, which is the only thing available in my area.

Some people like the 'black on black' interior, but it's too dark and monochromatic for my taste. The 2007 Dark Titanium over Light Titanium was more my style, but I haven't seen anything but Ebony in 2009's.

I agree with you on the 'functional tough' look of the SLE dash, I just wish GM had done something to relieve the monolithic blackness.

I don't have a door fetish, so no, I'm not looking at them constantly
    But they do contribute to the overall affect. Maybe pink and yellow curtains would help?

Thanks for your comments!

piscator

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information