GM Inside News Forum banner

Put Hummer under Chevrolet?

997 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  1BadPig 
#1 ·
I was just thinking if this was possible: To cut the number of GM brands, the Hummer brand itself could die, but the H2 and H3 will be put under Chevy. However, they will not have any Chevy badges, much like the Corvette which, although a Chevy, can almost be a brand by itself.

#2 ·
It would depend on the conditions I would imagine. GM could sell just the Hummer "name" I suppose. Then the buyer would have no vehicles to sell. But I have a feeling, everything Hummer (vehicle wise) would go with it.....that's my theory anyway.

"Chevrolet" wouldn't want those vehicles to taint it's brand gas mileage standings.

#4 ·
It guess it could happen, but the entire point of cutting brands is to cut overlap and the H2/H3 overlap with all the other full-size/mid-size SUVs the General has. Thus, the benefits of eliminating brands (less sales canabilization, stronger product, better advertising) are minimized by still having the same number of models. That's why GM should cut overlapping models and not make unilateral brand moves as if that will solve their problems.

Jus' my 2cents.

#6 ·
Lets say it did go to GMC, the h3 could be totally redesigned outside, maybe inside too, and could come in 2 door or four door, and compete with the wrangler. H3=GMC Jimmy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.