GM Inside News Forum banner

Line-X or Rhino Liner?

223K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  tanked_darren 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a spray-on bed liner. What's your opionion on the best brand? Can I see some pics to compare the two if possibe?

#4 ·
I had Line-X in my last truck (sorry, no pics). Fantastic durability. I threw a lot of crap (scrap metal, wood, scrap drywall) in the back of my truck the 3 years I had it and the liner looked almost as good as new when I sold the truck. Not that I've heard anything bad about Rhino, but my experience with Line-X was a good one.

Just my $0.02. :cool:

#6 ·
Line-X is a harder smoother surface, and Rino is a softer more rigid surface. It really depends on what you need. Things will tend to slide around more with the Line-X, but it has always seemed more durable to me. The Rino will hold stuff in its place, but I am always afraid it will be tore up when sliding heavy objects in the bed. So it reall depends on you. One cool thing about the Line-X is that they can color match it to your truck!

#7 ·
I had Rhino in the last truck, and Line-X this round. Both are great quality, but the Rhino seems to fade more.

The Rhino is cold sprayed on where is the Line-X guy here does a hot spray. I like the idea of the hot spray to get it even more in the little places. Both were great quality and durable. I like the Line-X more I think.

It is up to you on what you want, just remember the Rhino is about $100 less.

#11 ·
The two liners aren't even close. Rhino is disgusting trash. It's way softer, peels more easily, fades to white within a year or less, and starts to flake off. Go look at some used trucks on dealers lots with Rhino. They all look like puke. Line-X is far superior to Rhino in all ways. They are not even in the same ball park.

#14 · (Edited)
LINE-X has an optional product called Xtra. Xtra resists fading and loss of gloss, is more scratch and stain resistant, and is fortified with Dupont Kevlar. Xtra is made by Dupont only for LINE-X and no other brand of bedliner has a product like it. It's available in black or for exact color matches. You can read more about Xtra on Dupont's Performance Coatings website. It's a great product and is absolutely beautiful.

If you already have a bedliner, of any brand, and it's faded, LINE-X has a new PATENTED product called ReNew. ReNew will refresh the bedliner's color and texture. The ReNew process includes the use of Xtra, so no more fading.

Don't forget, LINE-X offers a limited lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide.

#16 ·
Vortex has had all those product types for longer than line-x. My gripe with line-x is actually at the local level. NONE of the area line-x shops will spray ANY color other than black for ANY reason and they are overcharging versus EVERY other brand liner. Maybe you can get on their case?

#15 ·
I have a line x and I love it. It's got a nice shade to it. I almost feel guilty about covering it with a tonneau half the time.

I've moved about 800 lbs of sealant on a pallet for a sort of big home project at the parent's house.

I routinely carry beam samples and what not that should scratch through the material, but it doesn't.

#18 ·
I had my truck Line-X'ed last fall. Lovin' it so far:

#19 ·
I had my truck Line-X'ed last fall. Lovin' it so far:
That looks good, but is there any reason why you didn't do over the rails? If I didn't do over the rails mine would be pretty scratched.

#26 ·
HA! I know what you mean. But, if you want to do your "homework", where else can you find the info you seek?

The number one complaint of spray-on bedliners is fading. Standard LINE-X and standard Rhino will fade due to UV light from the sun. Knowing that, then:

Xtra is a LINE-X upgrade and is optional. It is not a "bedliner" but rather an optional bedliner ingredient. Xtra is a co-branded LINE-X and DuPont product that took a little over two years to develop. The benefits of Xtra are: Fade resistant and holds its gloss, is more chemical resistant, is fortified with DuPont Kevlar (fibers are 5 times stronger than steel), is available in any color.

Rhino does not offer a product like Xtra.

#27 ·
I've had a Rhino in my '96 Sierra for 13 years now and have been very happy with it. I've gouged the liner in one spot when we twisted a 500 pound stump on the tailgate, but that's it. It's not down to the metal, so I havn't bothered to get it repaired (although it's covered under the "long as you own the truck" warrenty. My father has a rhino in his F250HD and loves it, no complaints. He's had one for about 6 years now. Both of ours are black. Dunno about the "fading". I put a cap on the back about 2 years after I got the liner. Dad's truck looks about the same color black as mine.

Two friends of mine have Line-X. One has had no problems in his F250 SD, hauls lots of crap from 2 1/2 tons of concrete test cyliners to scrap steel. The other friend's Line-X is peeling off, leaving metal exposed on his Dodge 2500. Havn't noticed any "fading"

I just added a duramax to the fleet and think I will go with the Rhino again. Both are probably on par with each other. Rhino now offers a harder liner like the Line-X, but I'll probably go with the same non-slip version I have now. I'm going to go with Rhino because of my 13 years of satisfaction with my truck. I can't say anything bad about the Line-X. Prep work and pride in work for the installer will make the difference no matter which one you go with.

What's this argument about the color fading? Who gives a crap? That's about as useless as the F250's with the 1/2 ton big diameter/low profile off-road tires on $5000 worth of aluminum wheels I see running around town.

#28 ·
I'm not sure where you live, but in the sunny States, not too many people are happy with a bedliner like the ones below in a $30K truck. If you have a tonneau cover, you should not experience this problem.

By the way, the first picture is of a bedliner that's in a brand spanking new Ford sitting on the dealer's lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.