Line-X or Rhino Liner?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line-X or Rhino Liner?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Line-X or Rhino Liner?

I'm thinking about getting a spray-on bed liner. What's your opionion on the best brand? Can I see some pics to compare the two if possibe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC HawkeyeOC's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Line-X or Rhino Liner?

Line-x all the way. Here is a good thread with a wealth of info on the subject:

Bed Liner Suggestions?

Thanks

Line-X is a hard rough surface. Rhino is more rubbery. I was talking with the Rhino guy and he said it is according to what you want which is better. He said that make sure you have a good shop doing the work, and ask around for references.
    Find me at: Motor Gnomes
    Follow me on Twitter at: Motor Gnomes1

Thanks

I had Line-X in my last truck (sorry, no pics). Fantastic durability. I threw a lot of crap (scrap metal, wood, scrap drywall) in the back of my truck the 3 years I had it and the liner looked almost as good as new when I sold the truck. Not that I've heard anything bad about Rhino, but my experience with Line-X was a good one.

Just my $0.02.
    2005 GMC Jimmy ZedR2
    2003 ski-doo REV 600 H.O.

Walking
    Thanks

Check out Ameraguard. As far as I'm concerned they are the best out there! My brother has had both Line-x and Ameraguard, they look the same but his Ameraguard seemed tougher and didn't fade like the Line-x did.

Thanks

Line-X is a harder smoother surface, and Rino is a softer more rigid surface. It really depends on what you need. Things will tend to slide around more with the Line-X, but it has always seemed more durable to me. The Rino will hold stuff in its place, but I am always afraid it will be tore up when sliding heavy objects in the bed. So it reall depends on you. One cool thing about the Line-X is that they can color match it to your truck!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Canyonaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I had Rhino in the last truck, and Line-X this round. Both are great quality, but the Rhino seems to fade more.

The Rhino is cold sprayed on where is the Line-X guy here does a hot spray. I like the idea of the hot spray to get it even more in the little places. Both were great quality and durable. I like the Line-X more I think.

It is up to you on what you want, just remember the Rhino is about $100 less.
    Willy (from the Simpsons): Willy hears ya. Willy don't care.

Обладание Тойотой не плохо, только все те люди, которые ведут тот, думая это как Aмериканец.

GMI Folding@Home Thread

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC 09camaross's Avatar
    Thanks

I have Line-X and love it. I have never seen rhino lining so I can't comment on it. My line-X cost about $500 for my 6.5' bed. The line-X is grippy so stuff doesn't slide around as much.
    Current Ride:
    2006 Silverado LT3 4x4

Future Sunday Driver:
    09 Camaro SS conv.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Vortex is better than both. Look into it.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 mini1's Avatar
    Thanks

The two liners aren't even close. Rhino is disgusting trash. It's way softer, peels more easily, fades to white within a year or less, and starts to flake off. Go look at some used trucks on dealers lots with Rhino. They all look like puke. Line-X is far superior to Rhino in all ways. They are not even in the same ball park.
    Current Ride
    -All-New 2007 GMC Sierra SLE RCLB

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I've never had a Rhino liner, but I have had Line-X and I've been very impressed thus far. I've moved quite a bit of heavy stuff (i.e. furniture) and it's held up very well.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 DuraMax Hammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going with the Line-x. Looked into several brands, and thats the one I like the best. Should be on the bed of the truck by the end of the month.
    2006 Silverado 2500HD D/A, CC/SB Summit White
    2006 Envoy XL I-5 Dark Crimson Metallic

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

Thanks

LINE-X has an optional product called Xtra. Xtra resists fading and loss of gloss, is more scratch and stain resistant, and is fortified with Dupont Kevlar. Xtra is made by Dupont only for LINE-X and no other brand of bedliner has a product like it. It's available in black or for exact color matches. You can read more about Xtra on Dupont's Performance Coatings website. It's a great product and is absolutely beautiful.

If you already have a bedliner, of any brand, and it's faded, LINE-X has a new PATENTED product called ReNew. ReNew will refresh the bedliner's color and texture. The ReNew process includes the use of Xtra, so no more fading.

Don't forget, LINE-X offers a limited lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide.
    Last edited by Cruzin90; 03-03-2008 at 01:11 PM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 member12's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a line x and I love it. It's got a nice shade to it. I almost feel guilty about covering it with a tonneau half the time.

I've moved about 800 lbs of sealant on a pallet for a sort of big home project at the parent's house.

I routinely carry beam samples and what not that should scratch through the material, but it doesn't.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information