Fuel Pressure 97 Chevy Truck 5.7

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Pressure 97 Chevy Truck 5.7

Walking
    Thanks

Fuel Pressure 97 Chevy Truck 5.7

Does anyone know what correct fuel pressure should be at idle and running? My problem is truck will crank and run but doesnt want to rev up. PLEASE HELP AND THANKS IN ADVANCE. COREY.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    The Truck Triumph of the 60's!

Re: Fuel Pressure 97 Chevy Truck 5.7

60-65 psi, engine off, ignition on. Running a bit less. Below 40 psi and they won't hardly run above idle.

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 97 Chevy Truck 5.7

I have a 97 chevy silverado
    97 K1500 with the 5.7L. engine. My engine light is on and the obdII scanner is giving me a DTC 1345. I have replaced my spark plugs / wires, distributer cap and rotor and camshaft sensor. I still have the same DTC 1345. In park at an idle the truck idles good, only when I press the accelerator pedal the motor bogs down. I can drive the truck moderatly, but when I accelerate the rpm increases but nothing happens. Can you please give any insight to what might be wrong????? Thanks.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    The Truck Triumph of the 60's!

Code P1345 means there is a problem with the correlation between the cam position sensor and the crank position sensor. You should hook a scan tool (not a code reader) to the truck and make sure that the engine r.p.m. reading does not fluctuate compared to desired r.p.m.. If the r.p.m. reading does fluctuate, the problem could be a bad crank position sensor (that is the sensor under the crank pulley).

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C/K Man View Post
    Code P1345 means there is a problem with the correlation between the cam position sensor and the crank position sensor. You should hook a scan tool (not a code reader) to the truck and make sure that the engine r.p.m. reading does not fluctuate compared to desired r.p.m.. If the r.p.m. reading does fluctuate, the problem could be a bad crank position sensor (that is the sensor under the crank pulley).
    My 98 2500 was spitting out the same code. It had me baffled for a while, but a freind of mine that has a garage ended up figuring it out. It ended up being the distributor gear. It was worn to the point that the gear looked like razors. Replaced the distributor with one from advance auto and the truck has been running great since.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information