GM Inside News Forum banner

Chevy Silverado ZR2 Concept: The 550 HP Raptor-Fighter That'll Never Happen

9K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  JiveMonkey 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I love the ZR2 designation. I wish they carried that over from the S-10's to the Colorado series instead of using the larger vehicle Z-71.

#10 ·
There are more lifted 4x4 Silverados on the road that there will ever be Raptors. It is too bad that GM doesn't have a serious off-road truck to be the halo vehicle the Raptor is, but the Raptor, at least to me, is more of a win for Ford in terms of marketing than it ever will be as far as sales go. Ford's never going to get back what they invested just based on Raptor sales.

#13 ·
Its Ugly, does not look like a Baja truck, it looks more like a typical lift job
This.
That's a mall cruiser not an offroader.
And this...

Is that the same truck as in the Baja thread the other day? Geez, if it is I take my comments all back. I thought the fenders were reworked to look nice again but I must have been mistaken. This is a monstrosity!... Big fender flares on Top of already flared fenders?? Ughh.... And I was thinking (for some strange reason) that the grille/bumper fiasco was fixed.. Nope. Maybe GM needs to just stick to cars and crossovers from here on out. Turn in their Truck card and call it good. :(

#14 ·
Now if had the 4.5L diesel, removeable/washable neoprene seat covers, wash out drain plugs in the floor, heavy duty skid plates, a winch, off roading front/rear facing lights, and a finish that was scratch/chip resistant....then it would be exciting. Good use of GMPP engine parts though.

#15 ·
a suspension lift and 35 inch tires does not a raptor fighter make.

i like how they took the tahoe front and grafted it to the silvy though, look good. the huge grille and hood is a little tacky though.

#16 ·
The more I see this truck, and the more people compare it to the Raptor, the more I'm disliking it. I love Jalopnik's words for this truck ("weak-A$$"), and I hope GM listens. Almost all the custom trucks GM makes for SEMA always seem to have stupidly large and flashy wheels and other overly shiny junk.

So, who really comes up with the ideas for these custom GM vehicles? I haven't seen a custom GM truck that doesn't have the shiny, big wheel, setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.