Chevy Cheyenne 400SS question

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Cheyenne 400SS question

Thanks

Chevy Cheyenne 400SS question

In a thread I was reading earlier someone mentioned a "Cheyenne 400SS", I never heard of it so I Googled it, and got very few pics, and everything in spanish. What is a Cheyenne 400SS, what engine do they have? The only thing I came up with is that they are regular cab with stepside beds. I am curious about this truck, and why I have never heard of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 gerardo_zg's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Chevy Cheyenne 400SS question

A Cheyenne 400 is a Silverado with stepside beds an regular cab. With the 5300. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just a marketing label here in Mexico, it's not a real SS.
    Sorry China, we'll buy your disposable electronics and lead coated toys, but when we Americans want a cheap car with horrible quality, we get a Chrysler.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

If it was in spanish it was probably a Mexican verison of our 454SS. Down here in S Texas I see all kinds of weird vehicles. The other day I saw a regular cab stepside 2500 silverado ss with Mexican plates on it. It was a 1/2 ton, but had the 2500 on the door where we have them, and a GMC grill with a chevy emblem stuck in the middle. Where it would say Z-71 or 4x4 it said SS.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gerardo_zg
    A Cheyenne 400 is a Silverado with stepside beds an regular cab. With the 5300. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just a marketing label here in Mexico, it's not a real SS.
    Oh so its a newish truck, I was thinking 90's because of the Cheyenne.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

Zig
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Smile Re: Chevy Cheyenne 400SS question

Quote Originally Posted by shadams
    If it was in spanish it was probably a Mexican verison of our 454SS. Down here in S Texas I see all kinds of weird vehicles. The other day I saw a regular cab stepside 2500 silverado ss with Mexican plates on it. It was a 1/2 ton, but had the 2500 on the door where we have them, and a GMC grill with a chevy emblem stuck in the middle. Where it would say Z-71 or 4x4 it said SS.
    Believe it or not we build them at our Fort Wayne Indiana plant. Crazy!!!
    They have some of there own special parts, like there own leaf springs, the interiors are very plain, and very few have A/C, I would think they would like A/C. We run them sprinkled right in with the regular trucks. No they don't have 454's or anything to make them SS special. Just a sticker.
    </IMG>

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 gerardo_zg's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh so its a newish truck, I was thinking 90's because of the Cheyenne.
    Yes, SS454 was a hit here so when GMT800 came, GM de México decided to produce a cheap ass SS.
    Sorry China, we'll buy your disposable electronics and lead coated toys, but when we Americans want a cheap car with horrible quality, we get a Chrysler.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    They have some of there own special parts, like there own leaf springs, the interiors are very plain, and very few have A/C, I would think they would like A/C. We run them sprinkled right in with the regular trucks. No they don't have 454's or anything to make them SS special. Just a sticker.
    </IMG>
    Ohhhh, I see. So you guys just throw random left over emblems on for fun. Ok, I get it now.

Anyway I would have never thought they were built in the good ol' US of A.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    The Truck Triumph of the 60's!

The Mexicans still build the '90-'02 GMT-530 Kodiak and the '91-'02 GMT-400 3500HD Cab and Chassis down there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C/K Man
    The Mexicans still build the '90-'02 GMT-530 Kodiak and the '91-'02 GMT-400 3500HD Cab and Chassis down there.
    As new models? So you could go down there and pick up a new old truck?

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    The Truck Triumph of the 60's!

Brand new. Go to Chevy's website, there's a link to Chevy's websites in other countries. Take a look at Mexico.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Interesting..did not know the name Cheyenne was still around. Asfar as the SS454..what a dog..there was nothing sport about that thing other then it was a 2door ha..had decent torque tho..but I felt more get-up-n-go outta our 93' 6cyl. 4x4 W/T manual trans. Cheyenne then I did out of the 454SS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    They are made at the Fort Wayne, thats weird, built just a few miles away and I've never heard of them. They looked kind of plain in the pics, with exception of the "400SS" sticker. if it just has the standard 5300 then whats with the "400SS", what does 400 have to do with it. Does 290hp in english translate to 400hp in spanish just joking!

Thanks

Cheyenne and Silverados olds ones have the GMC front in mexico

Thanks

here are a few pics of a 2002 Cheyenne 400SS I found

Walking
    Thanks

Smile Re: Chevy Cheyenne 400SS question

Who Ever The Idiot Saying That A Chevy Truck 400ss Is Only A 5300 Does Not Know Their **************** At All. I Am An Owner Of A 400ss That I Purchased In Mexicali, Mexico, And It Came With A 6.0l Engine, Yup Just Like The Silverado Ss In The Us. I Guess Mexico Is Just A Step Ahead In Their Reg Cab Chevy Trucks. And My Trucks Got Juice!!!!!!

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information