AUTO Climate control problem? Help

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AUTO Climate control problem? Help

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Question AUTO Climate control problem? Help

I have a ’07 Silverado with auto climate control. Every second time I turn on the A/C I can only get it to blow cold on the passenger side. With both sides set to 16 degrees C it blows Cold on the passenger side and hot (very hot) on the drivers. I’ve fixed this by turning off and restarting my truck. It then blows cold on both sides like it is supposed to. What could this be? Is something sticking? Are the electronics screwed up? Is there a remedy? Anyone else having this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC and Buick

Re: AUTO Climate control problem? Help

Yep Ive had that happen. It was because I had the remote turn on lead for my aftermarket amplifier plugged into the fuse for the A/C. Thats under the hood on driver side fuse box. The remedy was to unplug the fuse, restart the truck, turn it back off, plug the fuse back in and then restart. It goes through some kind of reprogram. Maybe that will work for you.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Deepstuff, if Bvonscott's suggestion doesn't work, let me know.

-Jared Duane
    GM Customer Service

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Question Re: AUTO Climate control problem? Help

It didn't work. I tried pulling fuses 40, 50, and 57.

Stopping and Restarting my truck works sometimes to get the A/C working on the Drivers side. When this do work it may change again to heat without warning.

I also noticed this to happen when the passenger side zone is not activated. When acting up and when only one zone is active (entire truck on Drivers side control) the A/C blows cold through the two passenger side dash vents and hot (very hot) through the two on the drivers side.

Thanks!

Thanks

This same thing happened in my truck. Some switch/regulator or something (sorry can't remember) is messed up and causes one side of the truck to go into defrost mode, hence the extremely hot heat on one side. This needs to be replaced. Is the truck still under warranty?
    2014 Silverado Z71

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Just off warranty! It happens in auto and manual.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC and Buick

Your gunna hafta take it in. Sounds like the problem I had, only you might have a bad regulator. Nothing else could cause that. Its certainly not a mechanical issue.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I pulled the three fuses for the HVAC again today. THis time after re-inserting the fuses I gave the truck more time to recalibrate after I started the truck and before I adjusted anything. It then worked Ok for a two 20 minute drives. I even took the chance and switched from cold to hot to cold again and it worked. My fingers are crossed that it continues to work...

Other sites have indicated that it may be my drivers side temperature valve actuator.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepstuff View Post
    I pulled the three fuses for the HVAC again today. THis time after re-inserting the fuses I gave the truck more time to recalibrate after I started the truck and before I adjusted anything. It then worked Ok for a two 20 minute drives. I even took the chance and switched from cold to hot to cold again and it worked. My fingers are crossed that it continues to work...

Other sites have indicated that it may be my drivers side temperature valve actuator.
    Yes, the blend doors that control the % of air that goes past the heater core are controlled by different actuators for each zone. When you reset the electricity, the system automatically recalibrates itself, which can free a stuck blend door. This might fix it, but it could be a failing actuator, which may need to be replaced.

Walking
    Thanks

GMXL,

I think I have the problem with the actuator. I've tried all of the reset remedies and nothing works. Took it to the dealer and they used a reset code on the computer and topped off the freon, but after 30 plus minutes on the way home same problem with the drivers side blowing hot air while the passenger's side blows cold air. Took it back the next morning (40 miles one way) and they ran all of their diagnostics and couldn't find anything wrong and told me there's nothing else they could do short of blindly replacing parts. I took it home drove it for an hour and it started blowing hot air again on the driver's side. i'm back to square one. Of all the forum info I've read it seems to be the driver's side temperature actuator going bad (or needs to be cleaned) is probably what is wrong. I asked the service manager of all the dual climate control problems they've been having with GM products what seems to be the most common theme on repair. He stated temperature actuator replacement.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by perryrip View Post
    GMXL,

I think I have the problem with the actuator. I've tried all of the reset remedies and nothing works. Took it to the dealer and they used a reset code on the computer and topped off the freon, but after 30 plus minutes on the way home same problem with the drivers side blowing hot air while the passenger's side blows cold air. Took it back the next morning (40 miles one way) and they ran all of their diagnostics and couldn't find anything wrong and told me there's nothing else they could do short of blindly replacing parts. I took it home drove it for an hour and it started blowing hot air again on the driver's side. i'm back to square one. Of all the forum info I've read it seems to be the driver's side temperature actuator going bad (or needs to be cleaned) is probably what is wrong. I asked the service manager of all the dual climate control problems they've been having with GM products what seems to be the most common theme on repair. He stated temperature actuator replacement.

Hi perryrip,
    I am very sorry to hear about the issues yo are having with your vehicle. I would like to research this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, involved dealer, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? Look forward to hearing from you:-)

Crystal L-GM Customer Care
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information