GM Inside News Forum banner

2015 HD pics from the plant floor

38K views 135 replies 33 participants last post by  NoStopN 
#1 ·
So, while browsing another forum, a member there (also here) posted pics of a 2015 Sierra All Terrain HD fresh off of the assembly line. Some of the changes that weren't shown yet have now. While the new tow mirrors have been unveiled, these pictures show what appears to be a new wheel design. I am personally unable to tell whether they are 18" wheels (my guess) or 20" models, but I'm sure we'll find that out soon. These pictures were posted by member saxman915 (thanks). I am posting the pictures instead of linking to the thread due to the more relaxed rules on language on the other forum.

See less See more
#49 ·
So, while browsing another forum, a member there (also here) posted pics of a 2015 Sierra All Terrain HD fresh off of the assembly line. Some of the changes that weren't shown yet have now. While the new tow mirrors have been unveiled, these pictures show what appears to be a new wheel design. I am personally unable to tell whether they are 18" wheels (my guess) or 20" models, but I'm sure we'll find that out soon. These pictures were posted by member saxman915 (thanks). I am posting the pictures instead of linking to the thread due to the more relaxed rules on language on the other forum.
Have there been any other pictures posted in that forum?

#66 · (Edited)
The All Terrain and High Country, the new 20" wheels and the mirror tie into the 2015.5 updates.

There are two versions of that mirror as well. DPN (the current tow mirror) gets replaced by the mirror in the pictures but without the chrome and the power fold. The one in the pics is DQS.

#67 ·
Lol. I just noticed this here. I was going to post it but I have a hard time finding where things go on this forum. I got my 15 3500 denali drw a week ago. The only thing that got me through the wait was these forums and doing tons of research on them. In the process of doing my research I bumped into someone that works on the line and he brought this up so I asked for pics. I was pretty surprised by this since it wasnt the concept truck that everyone was looking forward too although it is still a nice truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#91 ·
I agree. Like I said in the post, could ypu imagine that done to a 2500... that would be sweet. If GM would only do the fender and bumper mods and a little different paint this would be a perfect off road package to compete with the raptor. The only other real solution for that market would be to work more toward the concept all terrain. Either way I still love my '15 denali but want the new mirrors.

#112 · (Edited)
I guess assumption makes an ass out of me. :doh: Well, did saxman let the cat out of the bag? Was GM waiting to reveal this configuration of truck? Considering that it could be a pilot truck & it uses all currently available parts, don't be surprised if the AT HD is made official soon.

Adding fuel to this thought, the 2015 Sierra HD isn't easy to find on the website. Perhaps they are updating the info & will return the 2015 page to the site when they introduce the HD AT. :ponder:

#113 ·
Yes I did let it out...on accident. But not on accident. :D
Really it would be the plant worker. Since he sent me a pic of the mirror and I saw all terrain emblem.

Hey if its that easy to find out then they arent trying too hard to hide it. I was talking to him today and he said it just kind of disappeared and no more have come through. He has an idea that it was sent to an upfitter to possibly have modifications to make it closer to the all terrain concept vehicle.

#134 ·
I'm diggin' it! If this year goes well I might just have to hand over my current Duramax for one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.