Warren Brown Washington Post reviews 2011 Regal

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warren Brown Washington Post reviews 2011 Regal

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Warren Brown Washington Post reviews 2011 Regal

Warren Brown reviews the 2011 Buick Regal CXL
    Sunday, August 22, 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082100861.html
    Barry
    '04 Nocturne Blue Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1997 Catera (11/96 - 6/13)
    '13 Black Diamond / Black Regal T

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Re: Warren Brown Washington Post reviews 2011 Regal

Eight mini paragraphs of doom before giving it a really good review. He also like the base engine just fine.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

Thanks
    My Ride
    Supra Turbo(Modified)

He is just telling it how it is. Warren Brown is a big GM fan and regularly has to defend GM on his radio show.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Buick Regal Turbo

That link does not work for me.

Edit:Oops, now it works!?!?

184 HP is more than adequate for most of the people.
    Last edited by neshapop; 08-22-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks

It's nice that Warren Brown likes the Regal/Insignia. He's right that GM will have to turn out compelling product at every launch. Marketing won't change the consumers' minds, it's the product. The challenge now is that just about every other car maker is turning out great product.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByTheLake View Post
    It's nice that Warren Brown likes the Regal/Insignia. He's right that GM will have to turn out compelling product at every launch. Marketing won't change the consumers' minds, it's the product. The challenge now is that just about every other car maker is turning out great product.
    Yup.

GM finally has some compelling product on its dealer lots. And more is coming. But the fact that every other major automaker can say the same thing means that GM's task is tough, indeed. It's why, despite my supporting the General, I don't think it will steamroll the competition like some believe it will.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

With Ford doing well, it actually helps GM down the road. We need to get folks to support the American auto industry so, even though the foreign plates might make a good car, folks choose American. So, FORD GM and Chrysler need to just keep pumping out fantastic cars and trucks to get this thing turned around.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 plane's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    With Ford doing well, it actually helps GM down the road. We need to get folks to support the American auto industry so, even though the foreign plates might make a good car, folks choose American. So, FORD GM and Chrysler need to just keep pumping out fantastic cars and trucks to get this thing turned around.
    Excellent post. Right on target.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Edmund Burke

Thanks
    My Ride
    Supra Turbo(Modified)

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

Thanks

Yep. My next door neighbor came over Saturday evening to share the good news of being able to progrqam her Infiniti so it would open the garage door (she's had the car about 6 months). I didn't have the heart to tell her my 2001 Blazer had the same feature.
    While there, she looked into the interior of the G6 in the driveway and remarked how similar it was to her Infiniti.
    No two ways about it, her M37x with AWD and leather and sunroof is a nicer car than any we currently own but she never even considered that the technology for homelink or a nice interior could exist in D3 automobile. That kind of thinking is too common and it will require constant effort by GM, Ford and Fiatsler to change that perception.

Colorado Crew 4x4 Z71
    Pontiac G5

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

What also needs done is that GM needs to work with their dealers, especially in metro markets like DC, to change the way their facilities operate so as to attract and retain the type of clientel they desire. We purchased our G6 at Alexandria Pontiac, and have used service at Alexandra, Farrish, Koons and Star... I just don't see that entire experience satisfying the "new" buyer of a Buick.
    Current: '08 G8 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS
    Past: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z

www.fquick.com/demonspeed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
    What also needs done is that GM needs to work with their dealers, especially in metro markets like DC, to change the way their facilities operate so as to attract and retain the type of clientel they desire. We purchased our G6 at Alexandria Pontiac, and have used service at Alexandra, Farrish, Koons and Star... I just don't see that entire experience satisfying the "new" buyer of a Buick.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I still question the closing of some of the dealerships. I believe too much emphasis was placed on the wrong things and not enough on the service departments bringing customers willingly through the door.

Colorado Crew 4x4 Z71
    Pontiac G5

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information