State of Cadillac Interiors - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Cadillac Interiors

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Re: State of Cadillac Interiors

Am I seeing things? Color in the ATS interior. Now lets gets that available in all the other models. The black and gray are getting really boring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    For everyone complaining about gooseneck trunk hinges, let's see you do this with struts:
    Thanks to BORG for the photo.
    Starnes can have his fins by just cutting off his trunklid.

Do what? Struts usually open way more than goosenecks. Holden Commodore/Pontiac G8 as example, which opens well above vertical and handy for not whacking your head on when getting stuff out of the trunk if you're 6'3" as am I.

G8 Commodore trunk.png
    "Christians should not hold dumb opinions about the natural world based solely on misreadings of the Bible, especially opinions that can be demonstrably falsified by Reason, lest the Faith be subject to ridicule and mockery." -- St. Augustine of Hippo.

"Stop being dicks to the poor." Pope Francis, paraphrased.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,418 Times in 1,421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    So you have no idea how it works, admitting ignorance is the first step to curing ignorance.

Yeah, they should definitely put a feature that's found on cars that are $30,000 more than the ATS as standard, they should have standard gold wheels too......

Yeah, I'm sure the truck marketing guy just shows up with his club and loincloth and smashes his desk for a few hours and then goes home for a dinosaur steak, after all, he or she just works in marketing for the largest car company in the world, he's not something high and mighty like a website admin.

Whatever........
    Is there a reason you're so god damn rude?

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Cadillac is on par on materials and a generation ahead in technology. I would call that Ahead overall.
    Cadillac may have better infotainment, but that means more to us millennials than to the older crowd. So at the moment, it's a step up but not as big as it needs to be to put Cadillac ahead. Continued and persistent performance in this and all other areas will, without a doubt, put Cadillac ahead.

Looking at the vaunted Audi A6 interior in BORG's gallery:

The wood extends to the edge of the console so you'll bang your leg on it.
    The AC switches are very low on the dash.
    There has to be a complicated mechanism to raise the screen from behind the vents--how long will it hold up?
    Not liking the striped wood, but I suppose there are other choices.
    The door latch looks like it would be difficult to use wearing gloves--true of many cars.
    Nameplate looks cheesy.
    I don't think you can call an Audi cheesy. I find Audis very well executed in comparison to the other German makes. I think the motorized speakers are a cool feature.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar ral1960's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    I don't think you can call an Audi cheesy. I find Audis very well executed in comparison to the other German makes. I think the motorized speakers are a cool feature.
    I said the nameplate is cheesy. Cool rarely holds up well. You'll learn that in another 20 years.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar ral1960's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Quote Originally Posted by zete View Post
    Do what? Struts usually open way more than goosenecks. Holden Commodore/Pontiac G8 as example, which opens well above vertical and handy for not whacking your head on when getting stuff out of the trunk if you're 6'3" as am I.
    Not in my experience. I've banged my head more than once on trunklids--very unpleasant. Those are the first struts I've seen that approach the vertical.

The XTS hinges move it higher than struts and, more importantly, forward several inches. If the XTS trunk deck were any shorter, it would have to be a hatch.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Grandsport

How about an interior with colors like the Buick Lacrosse GL concept. I through that was an awesome color combination and don't see why it can't work for Cadillac as well. I also love the red and black in the ATS.

Thanks

Is there a reason you're so god damn rude?
    If people didn't make dumb comments....well its like the old saying, Ill try being nicer, If people try being smarter.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,418 Times in 1,421 Posts

I said the nameplate is cheesy. Cool rarely holds up well. You'll learn that in another 20 years.
    It's a luxury car, not a workhorse. I wouldn't expect to keep an Audi for 20 years. They're not collector's items.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Not in my experience. I've banged my head more than once on trunklids--very unpleasant. Those are the first struts I've seen that approach the vertical.

The XTS hinges move it higher than struts and, more importantly, forward several inches. If the XTS trunk deck were any shorter, it would have to be a hatch.
    Struts on my STS allow it to open to near 90 degrees or greater... I've not hit my head on it except once or twice when it wasn't quite open all the way.

But I have had times where after packing I had to rearrange a trunk to make room for the goosenecks when the trunk wouldn't close.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/01/20/op...s-knocked-out/ this person who is a BMW fan bashes the ATS in his blog.
    Last edited by Mikejesmike; 01-20-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejesmike View Post
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/01/20/op...s-knocked-out/ this person who is a BMW fan bashes the ATS in his blog.
    He says
    Of course, we’ll need to get behind the wheel – preferably on a racetrack – before we can pass final judgment.
    They know this is probably a good shot at their baby.. I know the folks at BMW are not soo cocky right now. If you read his article, you find that he is Afraid the Cadillac might actually be better.

Then he gets down right nasty nit picking on a pre-production example, its gets pretty funny..
    Last edited by mbukukanyau; 01-20-2012 at 12:13 PM.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

He complains about the "pleather like" interior.... according to BMW the 3-series comes standard with "pleather" (they call it leather-ette)... So a "pleather like" leather is << vinyl ?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbshriver View Post
    He complains about the "pleather like" interior.... according to BMW the 3-series comes standard with "pleather" (they call it leather-ette)... So a "pleather like" leather is << vinyl ?
    If he wants to waste his money on a BMW let him. I laughed when he claimed that Cue is nowhere near the technology level of BMW's infotainment!! i-Drive.. I was like Dude, welcome to alternate reality.

I hope for BMW's sake, that is not what they think over in Germany

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I was also amazed at his ranting against the (at first glance very useful/handy) cubby behind the control buttons. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll take all the cubby and storage I can get!

Now if it is executed in a chintzy manner that's a different story, but the idea is very sound.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Quest's Avatar
    Thanks

They had better correct the minor flaws that the author of the article brings up. The items in question, namely instrument panel and console are manufactured by Faurecia a major global OEM supplier. They must be fairly happy with result since they’re making videos about it:

They’re also a supplier to the XTS:

The BMW blog article author is correct, though excusable in pre-production show cars it’s not acceptable in production cars.
    Last edited by Quest; 01-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Any rigidity by an automobile manufacturer, no matter how large or how well established, is severely penalized in the market.
    -Alfred P. Sloan Jr. (1965) My Years with General Motors.

Longitudinal powertrain Audi vehicles with quattro are indistinguishable from RWD vehicles with Full-Time AWD; both meet the criteria to be labeled RWD/AWD - to argue otherwise is a “logical fallacy” (argumentum ad logicam).

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information