GM Inside News Forum banner

First Envision In The Wild

7K views 50 replies 27 participants last post by  XP300 
#1 ·

Had a quick encounter with my first Envision. I was very impressed. Was unable to get inside, but it was quite handsome. It looks much nicer in person, the photos do not do it justice. Fit and finish were impeccable. The two-toned Light Neutral interior was luxurious, even the plood looked nice. I would jump right into one of these things, but the nearly $43,000 sticker is a no deal for me. I was expecting this level of vehicle to fall more in the $35K range. Sad, because this was to be my next vehicle. Quite the looker though. I'm sure those who don't have an issue with the price and can overcome its country of origin will be pleased with it. Sorry for the quality of the image, I was rushing off to dinner.

See less See more
#7 ·
I've driven a loaded one. A few things...

1. I expected it to ride better. A Mercedes GLC has a significantly smoother ride. Ride is supposed to be a Buick strength and it got beat.
2. Interior seemed well assembled but boy, is it busy. Lots of little pieces with different materials and textures.
3. Certainly not cheap. The one I drove had a $47K MSRP. A lot of features, but at that price it still lacked collision mitigation.

It's a decent effort but for a little more the XT5 Premium Luxury clicks every one of my boxes.

#8 ·
I was passed by one going the other way a few days ago.

Would never purchase one seeing as it's made in a communist country.

#9 ·
Huntersville? Looks like it has a Randy Marion decal on the back.

Reactions: InvictaMan
#10 ·
Doesn't look bad from that angle. But as mentioned above, China is a no-go for me. I shop for non-Chinese goods (which is sadly difficult these days) on everything I buy, so no way would I buy a vehicle from there, even if it was $10k.

Reactions: lemans
#11 ·
Agree with OP. Should start at $29,999 and with every box checked top out at $39,999 if they're going to ship from China. Much like the new LaCrosse has value pricing at one end, and then truly premium pricing at the other. This would allow the new Acadia to start around 27.5k and the new Equinox around 25k, which is roughly a 10% increase for those models. Sufficient bump, considering they are shrinking in size.

I would gladly pay a $2,000-3,000 surcharge to buy an American made version of the exact same thing. I know no business would offer that as it would be destroyed by the media for selling with two prices depending on country of origin.

Too bad, I want to get back into a Buick to replace the Equinox, but I can't stomach this. Leaning towards Acadia. Much more vehicle, domestic, similar price.

Reactions: mjd1001
#12 ·
Does look pretty good in person, unfortunately. The source country would kill it for us. Much rather do an Acadia though....

#13 ·
You can't have a stripper Buick start at $29,999 and expect it to garner the brand reputation it wants. A step above the "mundane" working class Chevrolet without being country club elitist is the goal. Think 30-something suit wearing MBA guy in the $50k-$75k a year range.

A cheapo Buick just to sell to the "rabble" will sink the brand and remind everyone of badge engineered piles like the random Pontiacs and Olds copies of Chevy's with nothing different than the head and tail lights.

#20 ·
Depends; what does a equivalent Chevrolet or GMC start at?

My best friend actually has your pair. They're his workout shoes, too.

I'm pretty sure there's a picture of us wearing them in our underwear.

Good info to have! I'm going to carve that tidbit into the old oak tree in our neighbor's front yard as soon as the coppers release my blade from the evidence room.

Most people put them on their feets. But whatever floats yer boat, breh!
I always used a sock............. :think:

;)

#15 ·
I have a pair of those too, mine are black and neon green though. I like them, they're comfortable and unlike the Envision aren't made in China.

Reactions: Neanderthal
#30 ·
I wouldn't buy one on principle. I will not purchase a vehicle not produced in North America, but even if I would I wouldn't buy any imported from China. Nothing against the people building them, but the unbalanced trade that our useless government allows with massive tariffs to export into China, but nothing on the return trip.

#44 ·
You would be shocked by the amount of Chinese content in your car. China has been buying automotive suppliers as part of their strategy to dominate the segment.

This is why as much as I loath a Trump presidency, I think its high time we had a president who looks at this sort of stuff and unlike a Congress that is asleep.

#35 · (Edited)
I saw one the other day (at Starbuck drive through of all places) ... must say the proportions are right, the shape's right, the design's right. It had a ~35-50 year old wealthy-looking woman driving it -- I think Buick did a good job with these ... I look forward to their success with them.

#36 ·
What line did you use on her?

#39 ·
I've only seen one of these and it was at the dealership, it didn't stay there for long either. I still feel it is overpriced and have qualms about the made in China aspect of it even if it was/is a very well built vehicle. Also,the only way I would end up with one would be on the used market anyway.

#40 ·
Since Buick doesn't want to have volume sales, I guess they can sell a few $42K units and make money. Probably not upgrade it for 4 or 5 years then drop it like the Verano because of sluggish sales. Leather packaged Encores go for 30K! GM's never gonna gain in market share at these price points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.