Brand New 2013 Cadillac ATS Commercial

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand New 2013 Cadillac ATS Commercial

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Cadillac CTS

Brand New 2013 Cadillac ATS Commercial

The more I hear about this car, the more I like it.

It is really going to be a game changer in the segment and it will definitely redefine what a compact RWD luxury sport sedan should be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Brand New 2013 Cadillac ATS Commercial

That's a CTS
    Barry
    '04 Nocturne Blue Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1997 Catera (11/96 - 6/13)
    '13 Black Diamond / Black Regal T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dovetonsils View Post
    That's a CTS
    The first 20sec are of the CTS. The last 40 are of the ATS. Did you watch with the volume on?

It sorta helps.
    Peace,

Autoplaybook

Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?

News Contributor Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 654 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Cadillac ATS

My God I want this car. Too bad GM screwed people who want AWD by neutering the AWD versions of the ATS by not offering MRC.
    Current:

2014 Cadillac ATS4 3.6L Premium Collection

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Past:

2013 Cadillac ATS4 3.6L Premium Collection -> LEMON

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ V6

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

ATS is a really nice car, just a taste of what Cadillac has the potential to become.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sonjaab's Avatar
    Thanks

Still looks like another version of the CTS.....................

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Great car or not, this blows as a commercial. It must be an industry thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyCts91 View Post
    It is really going to be a game changer in the segment and it will definitely redefine what a compact RWD luxury sport sedan should be.
    Well, it will be a "game changer" in the sense that Cadillac will (finally) have a player in the game...

I'm positive that the ATS will give the BMW 3 Series a run for its money in most, if not all, measures of performance. But to say that "it will definitely redefine what a compact RWD luxury sport sedan should be" is a bit of an overstatement. I don't see the ATS as an "all new" concept, which it would have to be to redefine the segment, but more that it's Cadillac's interpretation of what BMW has set as the benchmark of what a "compact RWD luxury sport sedan" is...

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote88 View Post
    ... But to say that "it will definitely redefine what a compact RWD luxury sport sedan should be" is a bit of an overstatement. I don't see the ATS as an "all new" concept, which it would have to be to redefine the segment, but more that it's Cadillac's interpretation of what BMW has set as the benchmark of what a "compact RWD luxury sport sedan" is...
    Imho the ATS certainly could totally re-write the segment - - even without BMW having already abandoned/out-grown what MADE the (former) 3-series what it WAS.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two become a law firm, and three or more become a Congress."

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC episode26's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait to see one in Black or White.
    "At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Cadillac CTS

Well, it will be a "game changer" in the sense that Cadillac will (finally) have a player in the game...

I'm positive that the ATS will give the BMW 3 Series a run for its money in most, if not all, measures of performance. But to say that "it will definitely redefine what a compact RWD luxury sport sedan should be" is a bit of an overstatement. I don't see the ATS as an "all new" concept, which it would have to be to redefine the segment, but more that it's Cadillac's interpretation of what BMW has set as the benchmark of what a "compact RWD luxury sport sedan" is...
    We used to own a 2009 Bmw 335xi E92 before we traded it in for 2011 5 series. Do not get me wrong, I am not knocking Bmw nor I am stating that the 3 series is overrated or anything like that. I have driven the 3 series plenty of times, the car handles and drives like nothing else I have ever driven. The 335 is also extremely quick, Bmw rates it at a 0-60 time of 5.3 seconds when it is equipped with AWD and with a MT, but it is more like 4.9 seconds. Cadillac has been studying the 3 series for years now, in particular the E46 ZHP which is believed to be one of the best handling Bmw's ever. I strongly believe that an ATS equipped with MRC, 2.0T or 3.6L engine, RWD, and with weight way under 4000lb; The ATS will do some serious damage to The 3 Series. The ATS will be one of the first Cadillacs that will get people who would never consider buying a Cadillac, consider buying one and it could have a potential take away many sales from Bmw, Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus.

I sat in the new F30 2012 3 Series at The 2012 Detroit International Auto Show and I think the ATS interior is a step over it. I am also not a fan of the looks of the new 3 Series, but looks you could say are always subjective. The ATS interior finally offers REAL CF trim, not that fake CF looking plastic stuff that my CTS has. Real leather could be found all around the vehicle, where Bmw has seem to have cheapened out the interior of their new 3 series to make it more of a quality of the new 1 Series interior than the 5 series interior.

Overall though, I think it will come down to which car has the best overall package and that will determine the success of the ATS. If it can be like the CTS-V in that it offers better performance than the competition without compromising too much, then GM has a home run with the ATS.

I also forgot to mention above that the 335 we owned for 2 years was in the shop for about a month at times due to failing feul pumps, which is also referred to as the HPFP issues that bmw had with Bmw's that were equipped with the 3.0L straight 6 TT engine. So the ownership was not all a positive one.
    Last edited by CaddyCts91; 04-30-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Well if it was an all new concept, it would not be in the segment would it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Well if it was an all new concept, it would not be in the segment would it?
    Sure it could... The segment as we see it now is basically every manufacturer doing their version of the 3 Series with similar drive trains... If Cadillac or someone else was able to come into this segment, compact performance luxury sedan, power the vehicle with a hybrid or Voltec drivetrain, keep the price competitive, and have their sales challenge that of the 3 Series, it would "redefine" the segment.

Find a new way to power the wheels and generate sales and you redefine the segment... The 3 Series is so successful, both critically and in the market, that every other company has decided to copy the way BMW has done it, all the while giving up on really bringing anything new to the segment... That's not necessarily a bad thing... And in my opinion, there are better cars in this segment than the 3 Series. The ATS could certainly prove to be better than the BMW... I almost expect it to be...

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Premium Member SavoieRF's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2648562 View Post
    Great car or not, this blows as a commercial. It must be an industry thing.
    Yeah, its kind of plain and boring. What happend to the voice of Morpheus?
    1991 Pontiac Firebird
    1992, 96, 04 Pontiac Bonnevilles
    1999 Chevy Camaro
    2007 Pontiac Torrent
    2009 Cadillac CTS
    2010 Cadillac SRX
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2013 Cadillac CTS Performance AWD Coupe

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) megeebee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2648562 View Post
    Great car or not, this blows as a commercial....
    I AGREE!

I am so very tired of this school of advertising. I ask this question often and I will ask it again:

"Why does Joel Ewanick still have his job?" He can't come up with a single new or interesting tack to take with Cadillac. In fact, Cadillac has been using this same paradigm for over a decade. Fast cuts of cars flying around a closed course. BFD.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information