ATS new feature- steering with clicking noise - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATS new feature- steering with clicking noise

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Acadia

Re: ATS new feature- steering with clicking noise

Quote Originally Posted by CadiEldo67 View Post
    Edmunds has really been getting on my nerves lately. Luckily, I won't be checking their site much longer because they moved InsideLine to Edmunds and the setup is terrible.

Posts like:
    2013 Cadillac ATS: Erroneous Headlamp Fault Code
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/...ault-code.html

Could be a problem, but they don't seem willing to bring it to a dealer (along with the steering wheel noise).

2013 Cadillac ATS: Thrummy Idle
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/...ummy-idle.html

Maybe the idle is strange, but I don't see a video of it anywhere.

2013 Cadillac ATS: Post Shutdown Drip
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/...down-drip.html

This is my personal favorite..has this editor ever driven a car before?
    Yes, InsideLine moving to Edmunds is terrible. The entire site has been relegated to a tab at the top of the Edmunds page. It seems that they want the InsideLine to fail so that they can sell those cars they bought and close up shop. I hope the InsideLine folks are looking for new jobs.

2014 GMC Acadia
    2011 Equinox
    2002 Impala

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
    A GM mechanic's favorite line as long as the vehicle has 36k miles or less!!

I really hope they get those noises fixed quickly! Nothing made me more angry than my 2006 Silverado with an intermediate shaft clunking noise. GM had known about it for YEARS and had half-ass repairs for it. Let's hope the new GM gets on it!!
    Wait, I just watched the video. That is MUCH worse than our Acadia.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    I sometimes get that in the electric steering of my wife's new Acadia. The dealer claims that they could not duplicate it.
    Can the dealer ever duplicate any problem? My mother's old ML500's brakes would squeal HORRIBLY. They replaced the brake pads about 4 or 5 times and the rotors at least once. Still squealed. They claimed they never heard it.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    I sometimes get that in the electric steering of my wife's new Acadia. The dealer claims that they could not duplicate it.
    I just wanted to jump on this thread quickly to say I'm sorry to hear about your wife's Acadia concerns, Z28! If she ever would like assistance working with the dealer, feel free to have her PM me through this forum. Or, if she prefers to speak to a Customer Service rep over the phone, the GMC Customer Assistance Center representatives are available Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET at 800-462-8782.

If any ATS owners on this forum are having any sort of concerns, I would be happy to look into their frustrations further for them as well! Just send me a private message anytime, and I can investigate.

Best,

Katie
    GM Customer Service
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    I just wanted to jump on this thread quickly to say I'm sorry to hear about your wife's Acadia concerns, Z28! If she ever would like assistance working with the dealer, feel free to have her PM me through this forum. Or, if she prefers to speak to a Customer Service rep over the phone, the GMC Customer Assistance Center representatives are available Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET at 800-462-8782.

If any ATS owners on this forum are having any sort of concerns, I would be happy to look into their frustrations further for them as well! Just send me a private message anytime, and I can investigate.

Best,

Katie
    GM Customer Service
    Thanks Katie.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CadiEldo67 View Post
    Edmunds has really been getting on my nerves lately. Luckily, I won't be checking their site much longer because they moved InsideLine to Edmunds and the setup is terrible.

Posts like:
    2013 Cadillac ATS: Erroneous Headlamp Fault Code
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/...ault-code.html

Could be a problem, but they don't seem willing to bring it to a dealer (along with the steering wheel noise).

2013 Cadillac ATS: Thrummy Idle
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/...ummy-idle.html

Maybe the idle is strange, but I don't see a video of it anywhere.

2013 Cadillac ATS: Post Shutdown Drip
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/...down-drip.html

This is my personal favorite..has this editor ever driven a car before?
    Hahaha. Pathetic!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    I also noticed on the Edmunds site, they don't answer questions in the ATS section much. There seems to be some serious bias against the ATS.

For the many complaints from the ATS owners, I have not read the steering noise. This time GM appears very serious about fixing the new model bugs. I am sure if the Edmunds people know where to take the car to have it checked, it would have been fixed already.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information