Your Ideal Pontiac Lineup

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Ideal Pontiac Lineup

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Ideal Pontiac Lineup

What's your ideal Pontiac lineup? Post it here!

Mine is here: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...d.php?p=150676
    Check that for an example and ideas...
    Last edited by AmericanRevolution; 12-17-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    My Ideal Lineup 2.0

Current Rides:
    Proud owner of a red 2006 Dodge Charger RT

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT

AIM: Hiroism4ever | MSN: Hiro55cool@www.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Ideal Pontiac Lineup

Solstice - The nimble handler - turbocharged engine optional in GXP model
    G4 - Restyled Suzuki Aerio entry car in sedan and hatch form.
    G6 - With oodles of trim options, bread & butter car. Push 3900 engine with marketing - focusing on "new" engine status, and variable valve timing.
    G8 - RWD V8 (3900 V6 base) sedan. Must be different in some significant way from the Chevy version. Comp/G package remains. Offers similar interior space to Bonneville, but at Grand Prix prices at the low end.
    GTO - Similar to G8, but coupe form, lowered suspension (GTO Tempest V6 base car) Styling much more extroverted than outgoing GTO or G8. Free-flowing muffler tuned for NOISE!
    SV6 - Redesigned true "sport van" 3900 engine standard, lowered stance, doubles as "ute" and van with bold, stylish looks, thumpin' 12-speaker "Thunder" package sound system.
    Last edited by Ming; 02-28-2005 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks

Restyled Aerio? Now that's a first that I've heard... And base GTO getting a V6? And I still am trying to figure out why Pontiac needs a "sports" van... Wow... Aside w/ disagreeing with those three, I'd generally like it...
    My Ideal Lineup 2.0

Current Rides:

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Solstice Roadster Convertible (High Output 4 cylinder)
    G4 (Sunfire replacement - sedan, coupe, convertible models, must look sportier than the Chevy Cobalt) (4 cylinder)
    G6 - Sedan, Coupe, Convertible (V6)
    G8 - (Grand Prix replacement -- sedan, and also offer a sporty coupe) (V8)
    Firebird (Bring back the Firebird, Formula, and Trans Am to replace the slow selling GTO) (Offer V6 on Firebird, V8 on Formula and Trans Am -- convertible available on all models)
    Aggressor (Pontiac version of the Chevy Corvette, but much sportier appearance and more horsepower)

Pontiac is supposed to be the sport and performance division -- so all models should be badged with GT on base models, GTP for loaded option models, and GXP for high performance models -- with the exception of the Solstice and Firebird). I understand why Pontiac took off the "cladding" on the door panels -- but I want them to bring back the ground effects, hood scoops, and big spoilers! Okay, get ready to laugh -- but I miss the semi-hidden pop-up headlight covers that used to be on the late 80s/early 90s Pontiac Sunbird GT's!! Also make all convertibles retractable hardtops -- no more soft tops. Eliminate the Vibe, Torrent, and Montana SV6 from the Pontiac lineup. Pontiac should stick to cars. If people don't like the higher prices or high performance, than they should buy the cheaper sister car version at their local Chevy dealer =)
    Last edited by SKOTT; 03-02-2005 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

SKOTT, you wanna offer more info? See mine for an example: http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?t=10399
    My Ideal Lineup 2.0

Current Rides:

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks

Pursuit: (fwd, Coblat based) 2.2L Ecotec, 2.4L Eco-tec and 215hp 2.0 S/C Eco-tec. Both 4 door sedans, 2 door coupes and 5 door hatch (mini-wagon)

Solstice: 2.4L Ectotec base and 240hp 2.4L S/C. NEW 2 door coupe.

G6. Base 2.4L Ecotec, SE 2.8L DOHC HF V6 210hp, GT 255hp 3.6L HF
    Offer an optional AWS on SE and GT--see if it will sell. 6 speed autos and 6 speed manuals.

Bonneville: RWD Sigma based. 265hp 3.6L HF V6, 330hp 4.6L Northstar,
    S/C 4.4 Northstar with 420hp

GTO- 6.2L 430hp LS2 with 6 speed manual/6 speed auto
    Tempest-(GTO platform) 265hp 3.6L HF V6

Mine has alot of engine overlap but so does Nissans 3.5L V6. Production of HF would be quite high and therefore lower costs.

Pontiac needs to go hi-tech and get the hp up there. Stop acting sporty and prove it.

Thanks

bump! Post yours here!
    My Ideal Lineup 2.0

Current Rides:

My Succession of Cars:

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Solstice -- As is with a turbo GT model (I know, it's coming)

Tempest -- Small stretched Kappa chassised coupe with 200Hp base Ecotec, 250-265Hp turbo GT model, and a 325Hp LS4 powered GXP.

G6 -- As is with the addition of an awd option

GP/GTO -- Zeta based 4door/2door 3.6HF base with LS4 GT and LS2 GXP
    2007 GMC Canyon SLE2

2007 Freightliner Columbia
    14 L Detroit Diesel
    515Hp/1650Ft-Lbs of Tq

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Butz's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    DC Metro

Phoenix $20k - $25k built on next gen Delta AWD and Supercharged Ecotec 2.4, should be good for 250hp

Solstice $20k - $30k as is.. With the Edition of the GXP model of course..

Fiero $25k - $30k, Mid-Engine AWD 3.9 V6, the 3.9 V6 gets a pump to 300hp and 265 ft.lb
    It will revive the orginal Fiero, and it will be close to the Ferrari F430 design theme

Firebird $30k - $35k LS4 V8 RWD, the LS4 should be good for 350hp and 350 ft.lb of torque
    Based on Zeta it will continue on the design theme of the last gen Firebird, with hoodscoopes, flared wheel arches and popup headlights

GTO $35k - $55k LS2 V8 RWD, optional LS7 V8 and AWD, engines same output as in the Corevtte, no detuning!
    Based on Zeta, it will have extended wheelbase for more legroom in the back and will have different sheetmetal and interior design than the Firebird and more upscale and luxurious

All coupes, no Sedans nor SUVs in My Pontiac Lineup, the Sedans and SUVs will be covered by GMC and Buick..

Added more info..
    Last edited by Butz; 12-18-2005 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butz
    Phoenix $20k - $25k built on next gen Delta AWD and Supercharged Ecotec 2.4
    Solstice $20k - $30k as is.. With the Edition of the GXP model of course..
    Fiero $25k - $30k, Mid-Engine AWD 3.9 V6
    Firebird $30k - $35k LS4 V8 RWD
    GTO $35k - $55k LS2 V8 RWD, optional LS7 V8 and AWD

All coupes, no Sedans nor SUVs in My Pontiac Lineup, the Sedans and SUVs will be covered by GMC and Buick..
    Buick doesn't build performance sedans and GMC doesn't build performance SUV's...

Otherwise, seems good... any other details? Power output? Designs? Etc?
    My Ideal Lineup 2.0

Current Rides:

My Succession of Cars:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 763 Posts

My Pontiac Lineup

G4 -- FWD/AWD compact sedan/hatch.
    Engine -- EcoTec @ 171 & 210
    GXP -- EcoTec 250
    Tranny -- 5spd Auto w/ Tapshift or 6spd manual

G6 -- FWD/AWD midsized sedan/coupe/convertible/wagon
    Engine -- EcoTec @ 180 @ 225; V6 @ 250
    GXP -- V6 @280
    GXP -- 6spd Auto w/ TapShift

G8 -- Full Sized RWD/AWD Sedan/Coupe
    Engine -- V6 @ 250; V6 @ 300
    GXP -- V8 @ 380
    GXP -- 6spd Auto w/ TapShift

2010 Mercedes E350
    2000 Saab 9-5 Aero
    1995 Mercedes C280
    1994 Jaguar XJ6

Uniquely, San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO 2020!! ... LAKE TAHOE 2022!!

Elk
    Thanks

Compact RWD chassis:
    Solstice: 2.4L I4 turbo 2.0L I4
    Sunbird 2-door 4-seat fastback: same

Mid-size RWD chassis:
    Firebird: 4.8L V8 5.3L V8
    Trans Am: LS2
    Grand Am 4-door 5-seat with optional AWD: 3.5L V6 4.8L V8 5.3 V8

Full-size RWD chassis:
    GTO: LS2
    Grand Prix 4-door 5-seat with optional AWD: 4.8L V8 5.3L V8 LS2
    Safari 7-seat crossover with optional AWD: 5.3L V8 LS2

The crossover would be nothing more then a over glorified station wagon like the SRX is.

Thanks

bump
    My Ideal Lineup 2.0

Current Rides:

My Succession of Cars:

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

• Grand Prix -- This would be a true GT machine that would be built off of the Zeta platform. To me it matters not whether it is built in Oz next to the Commodore or if it is built in NA at Oshawa. Base power should come from the 3.6HF V6 engine making around 275-300Hp and have both a 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions available. A GT level car should have a RWD version of the LS4 making in the 325-340Hp range and the GXP shold have a minimum of 400Hp
    • GTO -- This would basically be the two door version of the Grand Prix. It should have a different front and rear fascia to further differentiate the model. Hood scoops and a modernized GTO badge should also grace this car. Powertrains would be the same as the Grand Prix except no V6 version
    • Tempest -- This would be a sedan based on the Holden Torana concept and would replace the current G6. The base power should come from a NA version of the DI Ecotec engine and should have around 200Hp, an upgraded GT model would get either a Turbo DI Ecotec making 260-275 HP or a 3.6 HF making the same power. The top of the line GXP would get a LS4 making in the 325-330Hp range
    • Firebird -- The coupe version of the Tempest with different sheet metal front and rear. Powertrain options would be similar. This car would be smaller, lighter, and more agile than the Zeta based Comaro
    • Solstice Roadster -- Current car but continually upgraded
    • Solstice Coupe -- Hardtop version of the roadster, it would still only seat two but would be a more all-season car
    • Tsunami -- This would be the replacement to the G5 and would be highly based on the Opel Astra OPC hatch and only the hatch model, no sedan or coupe, those would be for Saturn and Chevrolet instead. The base engine would be the NA DI Ecotec making around 200Hp and the GXP version would have the Turbo DI making 260-270Hp
    • Torrent -- This could be one of two different ideas. The first would be an AWD only version of the Theta chassis sporting the 3.6HF making around 275Hp or the second choice would be a CUV based on the Torana chassis with the same powerplant. Either way, the vehilce should be a cross between the current Torrent and the outgoing Aztec. The CUV would be a highly versatile and optionable vehicle for active Type-A lifestylers.
    2007 GMC Canyon SLE2

2007 Freightliner Columbia
    14 L Detroit Diesel
    515Hp/1650Ft-Lbs of Tq

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Firebird00's Avatar
    Thanks

Solstice: (2 seater/hardtop optional) 4 cylinder w/Turbo GXP

G6: different name a must, more muscular styling, lots of tech options (Ipod, Nav, etc..) 2 door, 4 door, and vert options

Grand Prix: 4 door only, optional V8 350hp-ish, wheel flares, wide tires, dual exhaust, sunroof, chrome grill and accents

GTO: 2 door version of GP but w/ more style, hood scoops, tasteful spoilers, optional "Judge" Edition (450hp).

Firebird: Base 275hp V6, Formula 345 hp midlevel V8, 425hp T/A 6.2. Screaming eagle hood graphic, blacked out tail lights, quad headlights, significant different styling than Camaro.

*All Pontiacs should have shared styling cues (hood scoops, wheel flares, dual exhaust, red gauge lighting, etc..)

*Colored interiors are a must. The one thing I really liked about the GTOs was that the colored interiors brought life into an otherwise dull car.
    "The only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash babayyyyy!!!" David Lee Roth

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information