Would You Buy A 2015 Chevrolet Blazer Z71?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

View Poll Results: Would You Buy This?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

18 75.00%
  • No!

6 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Buy A 2015 Chevrolet Blazer Z71?

Thanks

Would You Buy A 2015 Chevrolet Blazer Z71?

Just a random thought. I know the Trailblazer is supposedly to make its way back to the states and it occurred to me that the HX concept from dead Hummer would make the perfect platform for a Chevrolet Blazer. With the Raptor and Wrangler selling like hot cakes and the FJ/Xterra surprisingly still on the market. I think it would be the perfect time for this platform to make its way to the market and inject some young blood into the Chevrolet demographic. I think it would also make the perfect platform for a loyal customer to get into a Traverse or Tahoe after. I think it would help Chevrolet built its off road name and finally build a Raptor fighter. I am no good at photo shop and so I know a lot of you are magical with it. It would be interesting to see what that could possibly look like with Chevrolet's current design language. I personally would buy one in a heart beat if it was on the market.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    InstaGram & KIK
    @MCurleyhair

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Would You Buy A 2015 Chevrolet Blazer Z71?

I would love this with the Extremely popular 3.6 V6 or the new Eco 4.3 V6.
    InstaGram & KIK
    @MCurleyhair

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

It would only interest me if it were the two-door guise of the Tahoe (ie: a true K5). Z71 would be nice and all, but to be a Raptor competitor it would need to go well beyond the scope of the elementary off road package which is the Z71. Perhaps it'd be a good way to reinvent the ZR2 package as a true offroad sport option.
    Current: '08 G8 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS
    Past: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z

www.fquick.com/demonspeed

Thanks

I would call it a ZR2, but semantics aside...I would be one of the first to place in order, provided it is in the same price-range as a Wrangler.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
    It would only interest me if it were the two-door guise of the Tahoe (ie: a true K5). Z71 would be nice and all, but to be a Raptor competitor it would need to go well beyond the scope of the elementary off road package which is the Z71. Perhaps it'd be a good way to reinvent the ZR2 package as a true offroad sport option.
    My thoughts exactly. Let Ford have the Raptor, make a 2 door tahoe / yukon z71 with an off road package and the 6.2 (5.3, no beefed up off road stuff). Give it some badass attitude like the Raptor, call it the Tahoe Z71/Yukon GT.

Would dominate the market. Time for a comeback of the 2 door fullsize, especially now that you can make one that gets 24mpg on the highway with a v8. Best part, most of the parts exist, sheet metal for the truck wouldn't be all that hard to imagine, it needs to look like a 2 door version of the 4 door.

Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

GM needs to bring back HUMMER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by All Star View Post
    I would call it a ZR2, but semantics aside...I would be one of the first to place in order, provided it is in the same price-range as a Wrangler.
    I completely forgot about that name. It would def suit the model much better.
    InstaGram & KIK
    @MCurleyhair

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xwoodx View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Let Ford have the Raptor, make a 2 door tahoe / yukon z71 with an off road package and the 6.2 (5.3, no beefed up off road stuff). Give it some badass attitude like the Raptor, call it the Tahoe Z71/Yukon GT.

Would dominate the market. Time for a comeback of the 2 door fullsize, especially now that you can make one that gets 24mpg on the highway with a v8. Best part, most of the parts exist, sheet metal for the truck wouldn't be all that hard to imagine, it needs to look like a 2 door version of the 4 door.
    Wouldn't the Tahoe be a little large for a off road vehicle? I think the Wrangler does well because of its smaller size.
    InstaGram & KIK
    @MCurleyhair

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boi350Sierra View Post
    I would love this with the Extremely popular 3.6 V6 or the new Eco 4.3 V6.
    Only the 4.3, with a performance version using the LT1.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Wouldn't the Tahoe be a little large for a off road vehicle? I think the Wrangler does well because of its smaller size.

Tahoe yes, a 2 door version of it, no. Raptor is based off a F-150, 2 door tahoe would be the same length as a regular cab truck.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar red_rider's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '02 Mustang GT '97 Mazda B2300

It would be cool if it actually looked like the Silverado, just an enclosed 2 door version. the short 2 door ones always looked cool imo also.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 GMC HighRider ZR2

Cool idea but it would have to be the size of a four door version of the last S10 Blazer. Then I'd buy it I have a extended cab 3 door Sonoma Zr2 now. Definately need something bigger and better
    You can tell that GM really cared about the ATS from day one. If GM cared about all its vehicles that way they would truely be #1.

Past ride: 1996 Reg. Cab S10: LS1 swap, headers, painless wiring, T56 manual, with a built 10 bolt, disc brakes, locker, lowered 3 inches--SOLD TO HELP BUY HOUSE

Current ride: 02 GMC HighRider Zr2: Line-X'd rockers, lifted,33's, winch,manual NP231, & alot more. SOON TO BE SAS w/ D44's on 35's with a 5.3

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar demonspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

To extrapolate a bit further on what xwoodx mentioned, the Raptor is not a woodsy-type offroad vehicle in the sense that a Wrangler is. Offroading in the context of Wrangler/Hummer types is slow, steady, and deliberate. The Raptor is a prerunner -- an offroad vehicle made to go fast through [over?] obstacles.

If one wants to crawl over rocks, then the shorter wheelbase of a Wrangler, H3, or 2 door K5 is what would be necessary. This is essentially what the Z71 package is right now -- a small lift, upgraded shocks, bigger/knobbier tires, and some underbody protection. Granted, it's nowhere near the departure from the base models like a Rubicon or Power Wagon is, but it's something for the masses which will likely never do anything rough like we're inferring.

Going back to the Raptor, I see them daily here in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. My point? They're "cool dad" trucks that only get dirty when it rains or during a run to Lowes for mulch.

A ZR2 Blazer or even Silverado could be the "wild" prerunner-esque trim to compete against the Raptor -- especially for suburbanites.
    Current: '08 G8 GT|'07 TrailBlazer LS
    Past: '12 Malibu LTZ|'08 G6 GT|'05 GTO|'02 Camaro SS|'01 Camaro Z28|'00 Camaro SS|'97 Tahoe LT|'91 Camaro Z28|'89 Camaro IROC-Z

www.fquick.com/demonspeed

SX3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
    I'd love to see a revived K5 Blazer. Would definitely love to have the option to buy. It's getting hard to find ones in good shape anymore. I miss my '86.

Thanks

Yes I would. So long as it is priced around the Wrangler (which starts around $20k) and was competitive and aggressively styled. Give a version to GMC as well to help with cost and add profit. Make them BOF and built with the trucks.
    Join the Code 130R Facebook Group! http://www.facebook.com/groups/250698485001606

"Trying to be the world's fastest trombonist is like trying to be the world's tallest midget."
    Alan Raph, NYC Bass Trombonist

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information