Where are the breakthrough models?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the breakthrough models?

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Where are the breakthrough models?

Color me unimpressed. GM hyped their rollouts at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show since last summer. Sure, there is a new Corvette, but where was:

- The Chevrolet SS Sedan?

- The next generation Suburban/Tahoe/Escalade?

- The Cruze diesel?

- The upgraded Cadillacs?

- The 3.6 Twin Turbo engine, which was supposed to be GM's answer to the Ecoboost?

Maybe I'm missing something here. I hope I'm wrong. From what I've seen, the showing was mediocre at best.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Lowboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where are the breakthrough models?

Heard the Cruze Diesel will be in Cleveland.
    Was the Code 130 RS in Detroit?

Thanks

I was hoping to see the High Country and Denali trims for the trucks at the least.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 Dodge Dakota QC 4x4 4.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Lowboy View Post
    Heard the Cruze Diesel will be in Cleveland.
    Was the Code 130 RS in Detroit?
    Al confirmed it in another thread that the Cruze diesel is Chicago and the CTS is New York. Not sure about any of the others though.
    Future Rides: Dodge Viper (hopefully someday) & 2009 Pontiac G8 (seriously)

Current Rides: 2002 Dodge Dakota QC 4.7 V8 4x4, 2001 Ford ZX2 (Work commute car) & 2009 Saturn Vue XR (wife's car)

Past Rides: 1992 Buick Century, 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 1998 Buick Regal LS, 2003 Buick Regal GS, 2004 Honda Civic EX & 1998 Honda Civic DX

Thanks

like I said earlier F-A-I-L...we can't even get an educated guess on the Denali, All-Terrain and High Country, or see the 2500's,the new engine perforamance specs on the twins, yada, yada , yada
    2002 Sierra 2500 HD dmax/allison

243,000 miles and counting

Thanks

The government's sale of shares of GM may come in the near future. So, I'm hoping GM will feel freer to innovate after that. The Chevrolet Orlando is already here (in Canada) except it's not in AWD.

The Buick Cascada and Buick Astra GTC are not here yet as well. Or, the Code 130R (gee, I think that's the first time I didn't have to Google the name, I wish GM would come out with a more memorable name). Or the Chevrolet Cruze wagon.

What else? I have this sense GM sells really "regular" cars except for the Buick Vernano Turbo "sleeper" car.

I think the Corvette design is OK though.
    AWD wagons
    Feeling Good by David Burns

Biodiesel forum
    http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751
    Fuel documentary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CBOdgBlk8

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion V6
    This year.
    This year.
    This year.
    This year.
    Maybe this year, if not, definitely next year.
    Why? Because Government Motors.

Jo Momma

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anova View Post
    Color me unimpressed. GM hyped their rollouts at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show since last summer. Sure, there is a new Corvette, but where was:
    - The Cruze diesel?
    - The 3.6 Twin Turbo engine, which was supposed to be GM's answer to the Ecoboost?
    Maybe I'm missing something here. I hope I'm wrong. From what I've seen, the showing was mediocre at best.
    You've come to the Right Forum - GMI. Which type of GM hater are you? Cadillac Hater? Chevrolet Hater? No-Pontiac Hater? No-Oldsmobile Hater? Old GM Hater? New GM Hater?

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

"Dr. Show Me"

Which type of sick s.o.b. are you that you feel the need to personally attack someone who was disappointed in the product offerings of a faceless corporation? For your information, I'm a lifelong GM consumer who has probably spent more money in my life on GM products than your total net worth. You've got a lot of damn nerve attacking me for expressing my own opinion on a forum.

So, Mr. GM defender, where are all of these exciting cars that loyal GM Consumers have been promised? GM's showing is indefensible given the amount of money taxpayers floated them.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 Times in 824 Posts

- The Cruze diesel?

SS is revealed in February.

Escalade later this year, maybe Chicago for the other SUVs.

Cruze diesel is Chicago.

Upgraded Cadillacs? The ATS, XTS, and new CTS will be on sale this year (probably), as well as the updated SRX and we SAW the ELR and will see the Escalade which will go on sale shortly thereafter in early 2014.

I don't know about the engine. I'm waiting on that, too...

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen View Post
    I was hoping to see the High Country and Denali trims for the trucks at the least.
    Yeah. I'm interested in seeing both, as well.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 Times in 824 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    You've come to the Right Forum - GMI. Which type of GM hater are you? Cadillac Hater? Chevrolet Hater? No-Pontiac Hater? No-Oldsmobile Hater? Old GM Hater? New GM Hater?
    And which are you? Maybe you should add "overly sensitive apologist" to that list.

He expects GM to live up to its own statements. He wants to know when things are coming. Don't be an apologist. Chill out.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    And which are you? Maybe you should add "overly sensitive apologist" to that list.
    He expects GM to live up to its own statements. He wants to know when things are coming. Don't be an apologist. Chill out.
    I'd like to think I'm a realist, who realizes that a failed corporation that I liked went out of business, and is back, post bk, and struggling to return to proper model rollouts, and who still needs to get its act together and bring out new models in a more timely manner.
    When people post all negative comments on information basically already out, it appears to be that they are being overly anit-GM. And followed up with insults toward me; I try to not lower myself to name-calling and insults, but ....... let it be.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    I'd like to think I'm a realist, who realizes that a failed corporation that I liked went out of business, and is back, post bk, and struggling to return to proper model rollouts, and who still needs to get its act together and bring out new models in a more timely manner.
    When people post all negative comments on information basically already out, it appears to be that they are being overly anit-GM. And followed up with insults toward me; I try to not lower myself to name-calling and insults, but ....... let it be.
    You're the guy who started with the negativity.

I've been a GM customer for decades and I want to see the company do well. I was just disappointed with what I saw and asked if I missed anything. Then you come along with snarky personal attacks. So don't be surprised when you're called out on it.

I'm not a "hater". I don't hate inanimate objects.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 plane's Avatar
    Thanks

"Dr. Show Me"

Which type of sick s.o.b. are you that you feel the need to personally attack someone who was disappointed in the product offerings of a faceless corporation? For your information, I'm a lifelong GM consumer who has probably spent more money in my life on GM products than your total net worth. You've got a lot of damn nerve attacking me for expressing my own opinion on a forum.

So, Mr. GM defender, where are all of these exciting cars that loyal GM Consumers have been promised? GM's showing is indefensible given the amount of money taxpayers floated them.
    Look, you're new around here. Props for that. Welcome. But attacking said other person back isn't really necessary. You first need to understand the context in which his statement was made. You just need to get to know people better.

I tell GM to **** off daily, while I try to promote Toyotas on this site.
    But the mods keep me around because of some pictures I took 10 years ago. It's a long story.
    Arizona Slim, Du Spinnst, Grankenstein, GMC Sonoma, marinerBC and Dr. Show Me are all Import freaks and I hate them. I really do.
    Truckman is the best poster on this site, bar none.
    PhishPhood and Ed are classic witty, GM pumpers. Cannot get them to shut the **** up about GM. Nothing but saccharin sweet. Disgusting really.
    nsap is the chief editor, but he's about to retire because he's half-past-seventy, plus he doesn't know anything about GM (no offense intended nsap).

Neanderthal and StrappingYoungMan....in a category by themselves.
    That's the basics. Give me some time and I will try to pull together a better intro.

Welcome and best wishes for your future GMI posts.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Edmund Burke

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information