Special order colors

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Special order colors

Thanks

Special order colors

I'm planning to buy a 2009 Silverado 2500HD this coming spring. Is it possible to pay extra and special order the discontinued color of Indigo Blue Metallic (I believe WA9792)? I don't care for any of the other blues GM has, and I've owned two trucks that were that specific blue. I'd be willing to pay a good share extra to have this painted that way from the factory, because I liked it so much, and because I plan to have that truck for a long time.

The other thought was to buy a different dark blue truck and have the outside repainted the indigo blue I want, but that could get majorly expensive in a hurry to make it look right.

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    ----------------------------------------
    Jon

2007 Tahoe LTZ
    2007 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
    Asics shoes

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Special order colors

I don't know about getting a truck painted with a discontinued color, but I understand that unless you have a fleet of trucks with special paint, or order in volume (and I don't know how many that is) that you can't get any type of special non RPO paint color or scheme.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

When was it discontinued? If they had it in 08 you could probably get a nice deal on a 2008 right now.

Thanks

Well, the color was discontinued, I think, after 2002, if I remember right. When they went to the new body style in 2003, they changed the blue, but they've never gotten it right. They've had some shades of blue that were close to that, but none of them had the metallic sheen to it that the Indigo Blue Metallic did. Everyone who saw me with that 2002 truck complimented me on the color. It was a sharp truck. I'm sorry I ever got rid of it... that was a truck that consistently got over 18mpg highway (Duramax), sometimes better, and never gave me any trouble whatsoever.
    ----------------------------------------
    Jon

2007 Tahoe LTZ
    2007 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
    Asics shoes

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information