Question about the ordering process?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about the ordering process?

Thanks

Question about the ordering process?

I'm planning on ordering the 2014 Acadia when the ordering book opens in this year. How does the whole ordering vs buying off the lot process shake out?

Would I negotiate my price and put my down payment and financing in place at the time the order is placed (thus making payments prior to receiving the vehicle).

Or would I negotiate my purchase price, and then when the Acadia is delivered that is when I give the dealership my down payment and financing/payments would begin?
    1999 TransAm WS6 Vert | 408ci Forged Stroker | RMVB TH400 | 300 shot nitrous

1997 GMC Sierra K1500 Z71

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Question about the ordering process?

Usually you give a deposit when you order the vehicle, and negotiate the price at that time. You don't make payments until after you take delivery of the vehicle.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCritical View Post
    Usually you give a deposit when you order the vehicle, and negotiate the price at that time. You don't make payments until after you take delivery of the vehicle.
    really? ive never ordered a car before, but i figured you would negotiate once it is delivered. available incentives apply at the time of delivery and not at the time of order, dont they? if so, how could you negotiate a price if the incentives may be different by the time its delivered? or does the negotiated price not include possible incentives or a trade-in?
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by chakis24 View Post
    really? ive never ordered a car before, but i figured you would negotiate once it is delivered. available incentives apply at the time of delivery and not at the time of order, dont they? if so, how could you negotiate a price if the incentives may be different by the time its delivered? or does the negotiated price not include possible incentives or a trade-in?
    The negotiated price never includes incentives on an ordered vehicle. Too much can change.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information