'Old Cars, Strong Hearts' & other thoughts....

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Old Cars, Strong Hearts' & other thoughts....

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks

'Old Cars, Strong Hearts' & other thoughts....

"May your days be merry & bright" __ Irving Berlin/Bing Crosby __ 'White Christmas'

Remember me?!

"Music tells your story, seethes your anger, relaxes your worries, celebrates your excitement, embodies your emotions ... from across the years & for multiple time periods & reasons ... even if you can't...." --- CD Stevens, 12/29/2012

OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS
    I created a new page on Facebook to celebrate "strong hearts" & "memory makers" (old cars, roads, buildings, music, TV shows, movies, toys, games, etc.). Please check it out & join, if you want:
    https://www.facebook.com/OldCarsStrongHearts

I'd like to forget this past year, for the most part.... I am tired, weak, worn, stressed, but I'm alive. Part of me wants to be DONE; part of me wants to believe in hope; part of me wants to get in 1 of my cars & "drive so far they'll all lose track" [line from Dolly Parton's 'Hard Candy Christmas']. I'm not sure which way to go? I've endured 4 open heart surgeries, so this should be a piece of cake; the last year has been anything BUT for many reasons & levels. Lately, my energy level & restlessness [thanks to not eating or sleeping much] has been such that, despite the many projects I should do, the only thing I feel like doing is driving around aimlessly.... &, yes, I have applied for disability. I haven't continued writing my Route 66 story ... yet.

CONNECTIONS
    It'd be cool if we all lived in the same town. I have ties to many of you, some of which would not be possible w/o the internet ... car interests, heart issues, music interests, message boards & groups, etc. ... even meeting in person at events here & gatherings during my yearly road trips. Yet, w/o our different homes & backgrounds, we may not have the experiences to share w/each other that help us find connections.... That's little consolation as I may not be able to road trip for quite a while, if again. THANK YOU for being a part of my life.

THE ONE
    This pic includes a pic taken September 1984 ... me & "the 1" that started it all, "my" 1976 MC ... & 1 of 4 hubcaps I have from that same car. If my parents had not bought it, I most-likely wouldn't know many of you. Life is funny. Pics, cars, music, places, etc. bring back sssoo many memories.....

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
    CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
    *** 3rd GEN MC (1978,1979,1980) FORUM > http://thirdgenmontes.proboards.com/ ***
    "Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree" __ Elvis Presley __ 'Blue Christmas'

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 'Old Cars, Strong Hearts' & other thoughts....

2012 wound up as a stressful year for me and those I am close to as well, each for our own reasons, but more than we could have predicted. Though it's easier for me to say it than think it myself, I say stay hopeful.

To "The One," I completely understand and relate to the influence a seemingly little (to many) thing like that can have. A car otherwise considered standard then, carries so much more meaning above it and influences how we grow. And for many of us it eventually led us here, leading to the connections.
    "Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 knightfan26917's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 'Old Cars, Strong Hearts' & other thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by cdp326 View Post
    2012 wound up as a stressful year for me and those I am close to as well, each for our own reasons, but more than we could have predicted. Though it's easier for me to say it than think it myself, I say stay hopeful.
    Yep, I'm trying to stay positive, but it keeps getting DARKER, instead of lighter ... and I'm just tired of it all.....

Quote Originally Posted by cdp326
    To "The One," I completely understand and relate to the influence a seemingly little (to many) thing like that can have. A car otherwise considered standard then, carries so much more meaning above it and influences how we grow. And for many of us it eventually led us here, leading to the connections.
    Exactly. Isn't that amazing? Sometimes, it's the little things that make a big difference.

Since I need to focus on something that will make me happy, I'll be spending most of my time on my facebook page, OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS. Please feel welcomed to visit with me there:
    https://www.facebook.com/OldCarsStrongHearts

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
    CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
    * roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/ *
    "It's so lonely being stranded with a dream you can't let go" __ Deborah Allen __ 'I Hurt For You'

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information