New L9H, 6.2l engine code in '09 Silverado locator

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New L9H, 6.2l engine code in '09 Silverado locator

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

New L9H, 6.2l engine code in '09 Silverado locator

was checking the locator and noticed a new engine option on the '09 silverado crew cabs both 2wd and 4x4. It is L9H and reads "L9H, 6.2L, v8, non active fuel mgmt"

anyone have any inside info, does the "h" stand for hybrid, figured they might only put it in crew cabs b/c there is extra room for a battery pack???

vance

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Re: New L9H, 6.2l engine code in '09 Silverado locator

What tranny is mated to it?

Thanks

Couldn't they just re-tune the 6.0L and bolt it to a 6 speed? I really don't see how GM has trouble making this engine competitive with the Tundra. All it needs is a new transmission and a lack of TQ management.

I can tell you, after racing my friends CrewMax Tundra with the L33, the main draw back of the Silverado is the transmission. As we started from a 30kph roll, I pulled a head of him until my truck shifted second gear and fell flat on its face. He reelled me in and caught me in no time....
    Last edited by Corr69; 01-22-2008 at 11:57 AM.

1997.5 Buick Regal GS : 4'' Fenderwell CAI, Headers, 3.4'' Pulley, Catback, Tune.

Mid 13s run after run after run.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corr69 View Post
    Couldn't they just re-tune the 6.0L and bolt it to a 6 speed? I really don't see how GM has trouble making this engine competitive with the Tundra. All it needs is a new transmission and a lack of TQ management.

I can tell you, after racing my friends CrewMax Tundra with the L33, the main draw back is the transmission. As we started from a 30kph roll, I pulled a head of him until my truck shifted second gear and fell flat on its face. He reelled me in and caught me in no time....
    The 6.2 is better than the 6.0... on the Corvette the 6.0 met Tier II / Bin 5 emission regs (aka the dirtiest "window" allowed under current legislation) but the 6.2 makes Tier II / Bin 4 which is much cleaner.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

Why Crew Cab Only???!!!!??!!!??

i dont think its length, my truck is longer than most crew cabs. the only thing laonger than me is a crew cab long bed.
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Bvonscott's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC and Buick

The 6.2 option in the Silverado is the same engine and tranny option as the Sierra Denali. This IS essentially Chevy's version of the Denali. They will be nearly identical in equipment. This info has been avail for quite a while on the GM ordering guides. This is also not the Hybrid.
    Member of the: Real Truck Guys Club.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I can tell you, after racing my friends CrewMax Tundra with the L33, the main draw back of the Silverado is the transmission. As we started from a 30kph roll, I pulled a head of him until my truck shifted second gear and fell flat on its face. He reelled me in and caught me in no time....
    You probably would have gotten beat worse from a dead stop. The torque management really hurts the performance of a great engine lineup. Hopefully the new six speeds will be strong enough so they don't have torque management. I think the reason they have TM is because the 4 speed can't handle the power? Does anyone know?
    Hope the 6.2 is available in an extended cab as well as I perfer bed space over a back seat. I also don't care if it has the active fuel management. Makes the trucks sound horrible. Sounds like a 2009 Sierra may be in my future plans if this is true...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titanguy View Post
    You probably would have gotten beat worse from a dead stop. The torque management really hurts the performance of a great engine lineup. Hopefully the new six speeds will be strong enough so they don't have torque management. I think the reason they have TM is because the 4 speed can't handle the power? Does anyone know?
    Hope the 6.2 is available in an extended cab as well as I perfer bed space over a back seat. I also don't care if it has the active fuel management. Makes the trucks sound horrible. Sounds like a 2009 Sierra may be in my future plans if this is true...

Believe me man, I knew what I was doing when I picked what speed we raced from! Haha, It was awsome though because when we both stomped on it, my truck actually pulled ahead, and then his truck shifted second gear while I was still in first, I pulled further ahead. It wasn't until about 90km/h(raced from 30) that he started catching up again. I wonder what would have happened if my truck had a 6 speed, because I know his truck has more power/tq, but the Silverado is lighter.

1997.5 Buick Regal GS : 4'' Fenderwell CAI, Headers, 3.4'' Pulley, Catback, Tune.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bvonscott View Post
    The 6.2 option in the Silverado is the same engine and tranny option as the Sierra Denali. This IS essentially Chevy's version of the Denali. They will be nearly identical in equipment. This info has been avail for quite a while on the GM ordering guides. This is also not the Hybrid.
    It'll be awesome if the Silverado comes with the 6.2L 6 speed and with the same power as the Denali, but won't this overshadow GMC's King of the Hill Truck? I mean I thought the whole reason the GMC had this engine/tranny combo was to offer a unique package. If Silverados are now stuffed with this powerplant that can be had cheaper than the Denali who the hell is gonna buy one?

"Good timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titanguy View Post
    You got that right, that TQ management severely hinders performance. I raced an L33 Silvy in my S-10 from a dig and I had him by a nose up to about 90kmh before he passed me. I would be kinda embarrassed if my HO V8 couldn't smoke an antiquated 4.3L.

"Good timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees"

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme08 View Post
    You got that right, that TQ management severely hinders performance. I raced an L33 Silvy in my S-10 from a dig and I had him by a nose up to about 90kmh before he passed me. I would be kinda embarrassed if my HO V8 couldn't smoke an antiquated 4.3L.
    Yeah but a Silvy weighs a lot more And maybe the Silverado wasn't actually racing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smaart Aas Saabr View Post
    Yeah but a Silvy weighs a lot more And maybe the Silverado wasn't actually racing

....oh......He was racing....believe me...

Thanks

....oh......He was racing....believe me...
    You should have kept going.... his Turda would have probably thrown a camshaft.
    I don't have a ride, but I do have a car.

CNBC: "By all accounts, Rick Wagoner's done a hell of a job. Even his critics in the industry have told me Wagoner and his top lieutenants don't get enough credit for the job they're doing in Detroit."

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Ultimate1's Avatar
    Thanks

GM definitely needs to get rid of TQ management or finish the development of the UV8.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    You should have kept going.... his Turda would have probably thrown a camshaft.

Lol, no hes talking about the S-10 Xtreme vs The Silverado....but with the Turda we did keep going, like I said, after I pulled about a truck on him....(his front bumper to my rear), he caught me and passed.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information