How to get the most from the GM Pep / Employee Program

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get the most from the GM Pep / Employee Program

Walking
    Thanks

How to get the most from the GM Pep / Employee Program

I'm currently waiting to find a dealership to accept my PEP III Pontiac GTO. My father is retired GM and I am 25 + full-time student + military

What would be the best way to chooe a dealership to send the PEP car too? Do they give you any money to just have their dealership get it? What else should I look for.

I have a non-GM car (conquest) 500
    Military 500
    The 1k already offered for it.

I could put this off and have it arrive in Oct, would it be worth it to take the gamle to see if I can get any more rebates since they are not selling too hot?

I know I'm skimming the skin of my teeth on this deal, but I'm already afraid of credit as it is since I've seen so many people get eaten up. My income is more than enough and my down payment will be at least 30% of it.

-Fin

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: How to get the most from the GM Pep / Employee Program

What is PEP III ?

I just bought a Cadillac using my Dad's (retired GM). Did you get the authorization number? Log onto www.gmfamilyfirst.com - your dad will have to set up account if he doesn't already. Then you can search dealer inventories for the exact cat you want and the price will be clearly listed including any cash rebates or finance offers.
    Last edited by mjdart; 09-12-2006 at 09:30 AM.
    GM's first buyout 1986, now in South Florida - Car Heaven, all cars sell well here !

Walking
    Thanks

PEP is the program in where someone drives the car for a few months, a few K miles

Then a GM employee has the opp to purchase it.

search for PEP program on google so see some more details about it. Its on gmfamilyfirst as well

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finistheman
    I'm currently waiting to find a dealership to accept my PEP III Pontiac GTO. My father is retired GM and I am 25 + full-time student + military

What would be the best way to chooe a dealership to send the PEP car too? Do they give you any money to just have their dealership get it? What else should I look for.

Military 500

I could put this off and have it arrive in Oct, would it be worth it to take the gamle to see if I can get any more rebates since they are not selling too hot?

I know I'm skimming the skin of my teeth on this deal, but I'm already afraid of credit as it is since I've seen so many people get eaten up. My income is more than enough and my down payment will be at least 30% of it.

-Fin
    try and find a local dealer that handles your Pontiac, the dealerships do receive a fee from gm for handling the transaction, so it easy money in their pocket, it shouldn't be a problem, are there dealerships close to plant that is driving it now? if so most of the time they will possibly make a recommendation. with your pep program the cost is still below gms so if there are other rebates at delivery you will still qualify for the best that is available at the time of delivery.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjdart
    What is PEP III ?

I just bought a Cadillac using my Dad's (retired GM). Did you get the authorization number? Log onto www.gmfamilyfirst.com - your dad will have to set up account if he doesn't already. Then you can search dealer inventories for the exact cat you want and the price will be clearly listed including any cash rebates or finance offers.
    pep111 is the program where normally plant employees mgrs, etc will use the car for a company car, depending on the mileage they put on it will reflect a greater percentage of discount up and above the normal gms pricing. sometimes it can save another 2-4k, its actually a pretty good program.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finistheman

Military 500

-Fin
    where is the plant, and what location are you?

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar steverino's Avatar
    Thanks

If you live in Michigan it's a no brainer for any Pontiac dealer to take delivery and seal the deal
    What, Me worry - Alfred E. Neuman

Thanks

OK I know what you mean. When I worked at the factory we had a similar program - in-house. We called them Engineering Cars. They would use the cars for what ever engineering needed them for - managers cars would get tossed in the mix as well. They would have fairly low miles usually well under 10K. We would be able to buy them based on seniority. The discount ranged between 45% - 55% off MSRP. My dad bought a '66 & 70 Olds 98 that way.
    GM's first buyout 1986, now in South Florida - Car Heaven, all cars sell well here !

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information