GM employee discount question

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM employee discount question

Thanks

GM employee discount question

This may sound a little odd, but does anyone know if family members can still get the discount after the death of a GM employee? I'm hearing yes from one person, and no from another. I'd appreciate it if someone here could let me know.

Dream Vehicles: 88-91 Reatta, an early 80s Buick Wagon, or any 79+ Riviera
    Current Vehicles:
    2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Special NYC two tone Edition (1 of 300 made) 70K miles
    1990 Buick Electra Park Avenue White w/ soft top and red leather interior. 76K miles
    Dead/Retired Vehicles:
    1998 Buick Riviera ~105,000, and totaled after being rear ended
    1990 Buick Park Avenue ~300,000 loyal miles before death from oil starvation. May you R.I.P. Christine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GM employee discount question

Yes you are allowed doing so. GM Employees have a max number of discounts they can give in a given year. However, so it will be up to the employee to decide if he can pass it on to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fp115
    Yes you are allowed doing so. GM Employees have a max number of discounts they can give in a given year. However, so it will be up to the employee to decide if he can pass it on to you.

But if he's dead?

Current Vehicles:
    2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Special NYC two tone Edition (1 of 300 made) 70K miles
    1990 Buick Electra Park Avenue White w/ soft top and red leather interior. 76K miles
    Dead/Retired Vehicles:
    1990 Buick Park Avenue ~300,000 loyal miles before death from oil starvation. May you R.I.P. Christine.

Thanks

Yes you can. Here is an excerpt from the Employee Purchase guidelines on www.gmfamilyfirst.com. You have to log in to get the PDF document with this info.

"The surviving spouses of deceased active eligible employees and deceased retired eligible employees are able to sponsor the same people the deceased employee or retiree would have been able to sponsor under the current Rules and Guidelines"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by autofan
    Yes you can. Here is an excerpt from the Employee Purchase guidelines on www.gmfamilyfirst.com. You have to log in to get the PDF document with this info.

"The surviving spouses of deceased active eligible employees and deceased retired eligible employees are able to sponsor the same people the deceased employee or retiree would have been able to sponsor under the current Rules and Guidelines"

Ok thanks for the information. Sadly my grandmother has Alzheimer's disease, and can't even remember my grandfather sometimes. So I guess I'm out of luck.

Current Vehicles:
    Dead/Retired Vehicles:

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your situation.

I am sure that if you had the SS# of the deceased employee/retiree, you could still get the discount.

Banned
    Thanks

What are you looking to get??

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh man sorry I misread what you asked. Usually you will need an SS# or a GMID to be able to get the discount I believe. If you are able to retrieve those you should be fine. You may want to look over the website though just to make sure. I am sure someone at GM may be able to help you out .

Thanks

Thanks guys for the help. I'm not looking to get anything right now, but I just wanted to know for future reference. Hey if all else fails, I can always skip dentisty school, and become a mechanical engineer and go to work for GM.

Current Vehicles:
    Dead/Retired Vehicles:

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information