Edmunds.com: Jeremy Clarkson Hates America!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmunds.com: Jeremy Clarkson Hates America!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Edmunds.com: Jeremy Clarkson Hates America!

www.edmunds.com/insideline

Jeremy Clarkson Hates America! And Corvettes! And Mustangs! And Buicks!

By Captain Video, Contributor Email

Date posted: 05-18-2008

This week it's all about Jeremy Clarkson. I know, I know, I've been bad-mouthing him here from my modest soapbox, but there's no denying that right now he's the world's most visible and well-known automotive journalist. He is in short, unavoidable.

Anyhow, this is Clarkson's recent special called The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, divided up into eight parts. No, this isn't Top Gear, but it features many of the elements that make Top Gear so popular including gunplay, lots of automotive destruction and many, many shots of high-performance cars sliding around corners.

What makes this special worth plowing through is that it's all about the United States of America and his trip over here. It turns out that he hates us. In this piece he slams the Corvette Z06, disses the Mustang, insults pickup trucks and even kicks Harley-Davidson. And of course he hates our SUVs. Hell, even we are starting to hate our own SUVs.

I hate to say it, but it's all really very entertaining, even if Clarkson doesn't seem to know the difference between a V6-powered base Mustang convertible and the V8-powered GT.

By the way, both television and the Internet are American inventions. And you know, the theme song for Top Gear is "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers and they're American, too.

Set aside the hour, you'll want to watch all of this.

Click Link To View Videos!!
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..2.*

-JD

My Rides
    -2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II 4WD 5.7L V8, with Selec-Terrain and Quadra-Lift in 'Blackberry Pearl'
    -2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4x4 hardtop in "Deep Water Blue Pearl"

Project Car: 1969 Javelin SST 290

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Edmunds.com: Jeremy Clarkson Hates America!

Welcome to last year

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Really.. to everyone who actually likes this guy, he really is a idiot!

First, every other review on this planet about the Z06 says its a livable supercar... Clarkson says it cant drive on the road at all.

Ssecond, why the heck would he compare the lap times of a full-size pickup truck to a tiny 2 person performance vehicle??

Third, does he really think the Mustang convertible he drove had 300hp?? He was only in the V6... how stupid can someone be!

Fourth, The Cadillac Escalade IS NOT A OFF-RAOD VEHICLE!!! And I dont know what was up with that HUMMER, seems like to me that who ever was driving it was making it look horrible intentionally! Why didnt he put put a Jeep Commander or Cherokee in the comparison instead of the Escalade???

Fifth, Why is he comparing a Chrysler 300 SRT8 to a BMW M5?!?! Seriously! It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say about the new CTS-V vs. a BMW M5!!
    Last edited by GMusa; 05-19-2008 at 04:38 PM.

-JD

My Rides
    -2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II 4WD 5.7L V8, with Selec-Terrain and Quadra-Lift in 'Blackberry Pearl'

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) megeebee's Avatar
    Thanks

"Edmunds.com: Jeremy Clarkson Hates America!"

Well, isn't that a coincidence? I hate Jeremy Clarkson.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar I-Love-Pontiac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    Welcome to last year
    Who cares. It's good that someone is pointing this out. It's absolutely ridiculous that they would make something like that.

I mean seriously. Could you imagine if an American network made an hour long movie talking about how horrible the British were? And it's not even just about the cars. They are constantly bashing America on Top Gear. They even did a coming to America special where they were complaining non stop about how horrible it is here, and how stupid we all are.

WTF IS THE POINT?!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Butz's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    DC Metro

I don't take him seriously, to me he is an entertainer, if the joke is funny I'll laugh.

Third, does he really think the Mustang convertible he drove had 300hp?? He was only in the V6... how stupid can someone be!
    Top Gear are frequently wrong with their 'facts' and specs.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member GMfan1111's Avatar
    in a undisclosed bunker somewhere in the metro detroit area
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Verano Turbo

his reviews are rubbish but he can sure make a good joke or two about a car and What was the point of pitting a mustang (car) against a mustang (horse) i really did not see why that was necessary
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair”

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".
    - Douglas Adams -

GMI Staff Member Premium Member GMfan1111's Avatar
    in a undisclosed bunker somewhere in the metro detroit area
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Verano Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by I-Love-Pontiac View Post
    Who cares. It's good that someone is pointing this out. It's absolutely ridiculous that they would make something like that.

I mean seriously. Could you imagine if an American network made an hour long movie talking about how horrible the British were? And it's not even just about the cars. They are constantly bashing America on Top Gear. They even did a coming to America special where they were complaining non stop about how horrible it is here, and how stupid we all are.

WTF IS THE POINT?!
    i remember that episode especially the part where they got chased out of Alabama. But i really don't see the point of complaining how horrible America is. Just because our president makes us run to the dictionary every time he butchers the English language and just because we have SUV's doesn't mean America is Hell on earth
    Last edited by GMfan1111; 05-19-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair”

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".
    - Douglas Adams -

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by GMfan1111 View Post
    his reviews are rubbish but he can sure make a good joke or two about a car and What was the point of pitting a mustang (car) against a mustang (horse) i really did not see why that was necessary
    He was trying to show that the 300hp Mustang was slower around that part of the track then a 1hp horse. But the Mustang he was driving didnt have 300hp anyways.. he was just the base V6. Which everyone knows the base V6 Mustang really sucks when it come to performance...

-JD

My Rides

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Texan-CST/10's Avatar
    Thanks

Just remember one thing. When driving the beat-down Camaro RS in his US adventure, he said:

"I would rather be in this, then an Ferrari Enzo, and I really mean that."

It was cut out of the US airing, but you can find it online, and the line should be there. He secretly has wet-dreams about the Vette, just won't admit it.
    "GM cars run bad longer than most cars run at all"
    -Tony Quiroga

About smog testing the '69 CST/10:
    "LOL you can probably have antifreeze pooring on the ground and be killing birds behind you in traffic and it will still be legit."
    -Firebird00

1969 Chevy CST/10-Project
    1990 Pontiac Firebird "SlowBird" V6-My DD

Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Texan-CST/10 View Post
    Just remember one thing. When driving the beat-down Camaro RS in his US adventure, he said:

"I would rather be in this, then an Ferrari Enzo, and I really mean that."

It was cut out of the US airing, but you can find it online, and the line should be there. He secretly has wet-dreams about the Vette, just won't admit it.
    Can anybody find this video?.. I have looked but cant seem to find it.

-JD

My Rides

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Firebird00's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well, so he hates America. Big deal, I hate Clarkson. I saw all 8 episodes of that Good/Bad/Ugly series and I think that the fact the ZO6 is as great as it is eats him alive inside and he can't stand it that an American car is better than many Euro-trash cars so he belittles it. He did say in one segment that he liked TX though lol. I never saw that one coming.
    "The only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash babayyyyy!!!" David Lee Roth

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Texan-CST/10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMusa View Post
    Can anybody find this video?.. I have looked but cant seem to find it.
    I had it before my Harddrive killed itself! I'll try and dig it up on finalgear.com

Edit: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/9/3/ try downloading this, this is the episode though I do not know if it contains the version that had him say it. I think it was after their alabama brawl.
    Last edited by Texan-CST/10; 05-19-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    "GM cars run bad longer than most cars run at all"
    -Tony Quiroga

About smog testing the '69 CST/10:
    "LOL you can probably have antifreeze pooring on the ground and be killing birds behind you in traffic and it will still be legit."
    -Firebird00

1969 Chevy CST/10-Project
    1990 Pontiac Firebird "SlowBird" V6-My DD

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

I LOVE top gear and jeremy clarkson, but as an entertainer.. I really don't pay attention to his reviews towards cars. I love the new z06, and want him to actually take a look at that.

BGH
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

From all the reviews i seen, no one made the Z06 look as good as Top Gear did. He also bought a Ford GT twice, so he can't hate it all.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information