Dunlop Vs Goodyear

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dunlop Vs Goodyear

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 TheGeneral's Avatar
    Thanks

Dunlop Vs Goodyear

I'm looking at winter tires. Dunlop has some nice winter tires but isn't dunlop just a rebadged goodyear? I was looking at Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW3 and Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D
    2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
    2007 Mazda3 I Touring

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Dunlop Vs Goodyear

Goodyear owns Dunlop now, and IMO has improved Dunlop's overall quality 10 fold...

That being said, I abhor Goodyears OE fitments...the eagle LS & eagle GA, however I've had great sucess in selling the Goodyear Comforttread & TripleTreads, the Forteras as well as Dunlop Signatures...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 New_Mexico_Sunset_on_Rt66's Avatar
    Cedar Rapids, IA (formerly sunny New Mexico (y muchacho lo falto))
    Thanks

I've had great luck with Goodyear. I would shy away from the all-season tread though. I would lean towards a performance tread that also has a great snow and wet rating.

Don't skimp on tires.

From my experience the all-season treads are mediocore in "all-seasons". You can avoid "unpleasant surprises" with going with a performance tread with a good snow wet rating. The dealer should be able to help you. You will be amazed at the difference a good tire can make. I can feel it. I had a '92 Grand Am that came with Michelins, I was amazed how much more confident the Goodyear's were.
    1979 Chevy Van
    1978 Pontiac Firebird
    1985 GMC S-15 Jimmy
    1992 Pontiac Grand Am
    1998 Oldmobile Intrigue
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
    1972 Chevrolet C-10 P/U
    1979 Chevrolet K5 Blazer
    2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    2001 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4x4 Ext Cab

"Sometimes you gotta say, 'What the *********'. "What the ********* gives you freedom, freedom creates opportunity, ... opportunity - makes your future." - 'Risky Business' 1983

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15Soul+ Yellow; 01 PT LTD

^^ He's talking about winters, vs. all seasons.
    First time I used winter tires was the winter of 05-06. Before that, I always just muscled through.
    I bought a set of Bridgestone REVO1s because the way they deal with snow around here turns the side streets into a fine imitation of glare ice about a week after the plows go through.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again, or the other Bridgestones in their price class (100 bucks +/-), whose nomenclature -50 and -60...) I can't recall at the moment.
    The remarkable improvement in grip from BFG TA/H, which get pretty fair winter ratings, is like truly cosmic man.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 11-09-2007 at 11:48 PM.

15Soul+ 13Charger8A 13Soul 11 200V6 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02AccordV6 01Accord 99GolfTDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 97HXCivic5m 96Concorde 95Intrepid 94Protege5m 92SHO5m 93Protege5m 92P50Taurus 91Camry5m

People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives. --Theodore Roosevelt

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information