Cadillac XTS - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac XTS

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac XTS

Get a 300C with the Executive interior package, should be cheaper than an ecoboost MKS.

God Bless the Blue Bullet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by anova View Post
    You know, I was going to take a look at the Chrysler 300C sometime next week. I'm not a big fan of the Charger's styling, but the 300 is nice. I looked at the offerings of Mercedes, which looked nice but after the nightmare I had back in 2001 when I bought a brand new S class that turned out to be a lemon, I'm really wary of going down that route ever again. I'd like to keep it American.
    I definitely prefer the 300 styling over the Charger as well. The engine choices are really nice on both though. If you wanted to wait a year, you would likely be able to get the 8 speed transmission, which is currently only offered on the V-6 models. The 5 speed is the current transmission for V-8 300s.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 sfbreh's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, I was going to take a look at the Chrysler 300C sometime next week. I'm not a big fan of the Charger's styling, but the 300 is nice. I looked at the offerings of Mercedes, which looked nice but after the nightmare I had back in 2001 when I bought a brand new S class that turned out to be a lemon, I'm really wary of going down that route ever again. I'd like to keep it American.
    Same thing happened to us. Our designo Mocha S55 might as well have been bright yellow.

If you compare a 300 to an XTS as my dad has been doing, you'll find two totally different interiors. In the 300 you'll find extremely noisy and of generally lower quality materials inside, compared to the nearly silent MKS and XTS interiors.

While I haven't been in an MKS, I can personally say that the XTS feels far superior in materials quality compared to most any other car I've been in. It's quiet, cozy, and capable. I've driven a SHO and, while the XTS doesn't provide maybe the same thrills, it does provide adequate power and a more comfortable interior. The Taurus has too much room in the wrong areas. The XTS is very roomy and VERY comfortable.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

The new MKZ out soon looks to be a stunner.

2b2
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnstarnes View Post
    good point, JS
    tho not quite in the same size category as the XTS or MKS,
    the new Z will arrive at dealers in a few weeks
    &
    while it doesn't have a v6turbo YET
    it won't surprise me if the new 'Nano' engine is available sometime during 2013cy
    (approx 350-375hp)
    no word on whether the new 8speed will be there at same time
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two become a law firm, and three or more become a Congress."

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnstarnes View Post
    True. After some thought, I'm willing to wait it out a little longer, at least until the Detroit Auto Show to see what's coming up. This is an exciting time for American industry.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Butz's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    DC Metro

You are better off with the Lincoln MKS.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

You know it is bad when someone with avatar as giant GM logo says "you know... really you should buy Ford"

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Motors Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Sheesh,let the man/woman buy an MKS!... Cadillac isn't quite there yet,that's not Anova's fault it's GM's. How long before or even if the XTS gets the TTV6?.....

Thanks

Not sure. Maybe OP is best to just lease a BMW 328 or similar and be done with it. Lincoln resale value is so so bad historically.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

That's the thing, I can wait a little while, a few months to buy another car, but GM apparently won't tell us when we they will release an upgraded powertrain. I'm surprised that they didn't have the foresight to realize that there would be plenty of buyers like me with cash in hand who would buy their product in an instant if the car was conceptually complete. A Cadillac is supposed to be a large, comfortable luxury car with competitive power. Not an "almost there, buy this for now, come back in a few years" 90 percent car that Kerkorian described.

Thanks

That's the thing, I can wait a little while, a few months to buy another car, but GM apparently won't tell us when we they will release an upgraded powertrain. I'm surprised that they didn't have the foresight to realize that there would be plenty of buyers like me with cash in hand who would buy their product in an instant if the car was conceptually complete. A Cadillac is supposed to be a large, comfortable luxury car with competitive power. Not an "almost there, buy this for now, come back in a few years" 90 percent car that Kerkorian described.
    I think the XTS target demographic doesn't care much about power so it was not relevant to the design team. Have you considered CTS / ATS?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 ZO6 / 2010 ZR1/2013 XTS/

In what way.......Oh!....power! How fast do you need to go? The MKS has rotten resale value and if the new MKZ doesn't sell well, how long before Ford dumps Lincoln?....

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post
    You are better off with the Lincoln MKS.

More 1st's in the Automotive Industry than Any Automobile......Ever!

"The Standard of The World" CADILLAC

Jake

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I hadn't even thought of that. I don't resell my cars, so it's not too big of an issue, but if the car loses half its value so quickly, it's going to make my stomach feel a bit heavy. How bad is the resale?

Thanks

What do you do with your old cars? Park them in a field?

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information