Cadillac XTS

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac XTS

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Cadillac XTS

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new car. I test drove the Lincoln MKS with the Ecoboost and liked it. I wanted to see a comparable Cadillac before I make my decision to purchase. The XTS is a nice car, but it seems every dealer only has them with the 3.6 V6. Don't they offer an engine upgrade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

Re: Cadillac XTS

Negative. 3.6L is the only engine for now. TTV6 is on the way.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Wow that was fast. Thanks!

Do you know when the twin turbo be available?

Thanks
    My Ride

Not too sure. In a year or so perhaps.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Ah, that's too bad. I guess I'm at the market in the wrong time for GM. Seems as though their good products are just a bit too far off.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 ZO6 / 2010 ZR1/2013 XTS/

..."good products" too far off. I own 2 Corvettes, and a 2013 Cadillac XTS4 Platinum, and all are better than anything Ford makes...

If you go to a Cadillac dealer, spend some time with an XTS, I personally prefer the Platinum, you will see that it is way better than the MKS, which is a Ford Taurus with different trim, and better leather. Would I like the XTS to have more power, sure, and thats coming , all service is included for 4/50,000, it has Onstar, MRC, 6/70,000 Roadside Assistance, rear side shades, Driver Assist Package, and more leather in the interior on the Platinum....

Ford has a long way to go with Lincoln to bring it on par with Cadillac, especially after 2013.....

Quote Originally Posted by anova View Post
    Ah, that's too bad. I guess I'm at the market in the wrong time for GM. Seems as though their good products are just a bit too far off.

More 1st's in the Automotive Industry than Any Automobile......Ever!

"The Standard of The World" CADILLAC

Jake

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

But the XTS is just a fancy Impala...

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

Or is the 2014 Impala a cheap XTS?
    How much value does CUE and mrc add to the value above an Impala or LaCrosse?

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    Or is the 2014 Impala a cheap XTS?
    How much value does CUE and mrc add to the value above an Impala or LaCrosse?
    Good question, but personally, I want a nice big, powerful American luxury car to drive every day. I worked hard for my money all my life, I don't mind spending the extra money on a car that's a cut above an Impala or Taurus if the vehicle delivers on appearance, comfort, and performance. I like the XTS. I'm surprised that GM built this car without giving it an engine that makes it at least competitive with other luxury cars of its size and weight.

Thanks
    My Ride

Having been around both cars, XTS is leaps and bounds ahead of the MKS, despite its lack of a TTV6. There's really no comparison.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    ..."good products" too far off. I own 2 Corvettes, and a 2013 Cadillac XTS4 Platinum, and all are better than anything Ford makes...

If you go to a Cadillac dealer, spend some time with an XTS, I personally prefer the Platinum, you will see that it is way better than the MKS, which is a Ford Taurus with different trim, and better leather. Would I like the XTS to have more power, sure, and thats coming , all service is included for 4/50,000, it has Onstar, MRC, 6/70,000 Roadside Assistance, rear side shades, Driver Assist Package, and more leather in the interior on the Platinum....

Ford has a long way to go with Lincoln to bring it on par with Cadillac, especially after 2013.....
    Like I said, I like the XTS. I think it's on par with the Lincoln in terms of build quality and comfort. Visibility is a bit better in the XTS than the MKS, power is significantly better in the MKS with more usable power throughout the RPM band. GM makes a lot of good stuff, but I'm not in the market for a Corvette.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Having been around both cars, XTS is leaps and bounds ahead of the MKS, despite its lack of a TTV6. There's really no comparison.
    Yeah, the visibility is much better on the XTS. It feels a bit more spacious.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Challenger R/T

Have you considered either the Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300? Both are large cars like the ones you listed, but have superior power (V-8 engines available). Pus, they are rear wheel drive with optional AWD. Worth a look if you are really into big, powerful American cars. The 300 in particular also offers quite a bit of luxury.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I'm sorry, this was a duplicate post.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kvolo12 View Post
    Have you considered either the Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300? Both are large cars like the ones you listed, but have superior power (V-8 engines available). Pus, they are rear wheel drive with optional AWD. Worth a look if you are really into big, powerful American cars. The 300 in particular also offers quite a bit of luxury.
    You know, I was going to take a look at the Chrysler 300C sometime next week. I'm not a big fan of the Charger's styling, but the 300 is nice. I looked at the offerings of Mercedes, which looked nice but after the nightmare I had back in 2001 when I bought a brand new S class that turned out to be a lemon, I'm really wary of going down that route ever again. I'd like to keep it American.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information