GM Inside News Forum banner

$20,000 off a Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve Diesel

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  gkr778 
#1 ·
Reactions: TruckMan
#2 ·
Dealerships in the Commonwealth of Virginia, including Sheehy Nissan in Manassas (they're among the better Nissan dealers in the Washington, D.C. area), typically leave out freight and processing fees in their advertised prices. In this Titan XD example, freight charge is $1,195 and processing fee is $699. This brings the delivered price excluding tax and registration to $41,344 - still a very significant reduction from MSRP.

Nissan North America is offering $8,000 in cash rebates on new 2016 Nissan Titan XD pruchases until the end of the month, at least in the Washington, D.C. region.
http://www.choosenissan.com/washing...ffers.slsevntpanel1_alloffers.vsp_offerspanel

#3 ·
The GM store I deal with also has a Nissan franchise under the same group, the general manager (a good pal of mine) said they've sold TWO!! total since they hit ground approx 6 months ago. Not a good sign for Nissan.

There's a storm grey one near me, it actually looks pretty good on the road.

#6 ·
I said it before and I'll say it again, the new Titan will be the flop of the decade. This truck is obsolete, ugly and noncompetitive. I seriously question the decision making of the Nissan executives that ultimately approved final design. Just imagine how pathetic the Titan will look in 3 years as the truck market, GM and Ford, rapidly integrates innovations.

#8 ·
It doesn't help that Nissan will just let it wither on the vine like the last gen Titan.

I just noticed, that shifter looks cheap as hell too.

#12 · (Edited)
Meanwhile... laugh at this and laugh at that.....qualify it however - but also notice.....

#11 Nissan Titan 2,484 1,078 130% 10,974 9,521 15.3%

Now look a little closer.

September2016 accounts for 2,484 / 10,974 YTD ie about 22.64 % of 2016 YTD.

Furthermore....

The September Unit increase of 1,406 just about covers the entire YTD increase of 1,450 Units.

--

So..... new 2017 Titan ( not Titan XD ) 'created' much of this ....... including whatever 2016s they perhaps blew out.

2017 is only available currently in one Cab configuration with one PT......

Anyway.....

We shall see........ and by golly, we shall also really see...... if they do go ahead in fact, and offer a Diesel or two...... including possibly the 5.0 Cummins V8 from the Titan XD.

Perhaps .... with a dash or two of JV AT fruit.....

#13 ·
They should just throw in the towel.
Since no one else is playing they'd be better off making a true compact truck.

#17 ·
Since no one else is playing
It looks like Ford may attempt to play in this segment. The new F-150 diesel and a heavy-half (8 lug) F-150 have been spotted out testing.

#18 ·
FWIW - This is only a 2WD truck, and other 2WD's at the same dealer are $3,000 more, so this one might be a demo.
I shot them an email. It's a new truck, not a dealer demo. No idea why it's cheaper than the two-tones. I personally prefer the monotone paint.

Reactions: gkr778 and Ed753
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.