GM Inside News Forum banner

1940 Ford coupe bodies receive official Ford licensing

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  big swede 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yeah, these things are kind of interesting to me. Although I don't know if all of the other parts are available. I wish some of these you could build with 1.6L turbo engine, modern brakes, suspension and steering.

#6 · (Edited)
Is that what crate engines are for? I have a pdf file from gmpartsdirect.com and on page 84, there's an E-ROD crate engine. It says it passes California standards and makes 326 hp and is a V8. Is that a reasonable choice? It says LS3. (Descriptions are a little confusing.)

EDIT: I saw the number on it was 19258004 (for the automatic). Yeah, in any case, I guess that might be good for a 1955 Nomad because it's a Chevy engine.

#7 ·
Is that what crate engines are for? I have a pdf file from gmpartsdirect.com and on page 84, there's an E-ROD crate engine. It says it passes California standards and makes 326 hp and is a V8. Is that a reasonable choice? It says LS3. (Descriptions are a little confusing.)
Yes that's exactly what crate engines are good for. The LS3 would be a fine choice but since it's a Ford I would personally stick with a Ford powerplant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.