GM Inside News Forum banner

GMI Spies: 2018 GMC Terrain Out Testing

9K views 47 replies 23 participants last post by  Ed753 
#1 ·

I really liked it. It looks great in person out in the real world.

See less See more
#2 ·
Also, here are some of the new Enclave that I've had since early February. I was probably one of the first to even see a mule for it. Apologies I never got to posting them when I took them. I was swamped with work and school.

Note the stark contrast in Michigan weather between the Enclave and Terrain photos. Lol.

#33 ·
There really is no styling direction. Acadia, Terrain, and Sierra hardly look like they belong in the same lineup.

Acadia is weird. It's such a good look and I want to love it, but it ends up looking a little bit too rotund and just lacks that last bit of EH. The design looks like it was predicated on a wider, more muscular body but it looks like that didn't work out and they tried to compensate.

Front clip is great, but the rest... I don't know. I see enough of them though, so I guess they got it right enough.

I only send DIC pics via Snapchat. Too risky to do it on other platforms.
Better hope the recipient isn't a SnapWizard like me, taking screenies without notifications.

I saw a Terrain at the grocery store, full finished trim 3 weeks ago; Honda Civic want's it tail-lights back, and the front is as goofy as I originally thought.

Also seeing many Equinox, GM messed that one up, back is too short and small/low.

Within the last week I started seeing the new Traverse; serious potential, would like to drive one soon.

Oh, and speaking of driving new vehicles, I drove a T1XX the other day.........................

;)
Traverse has a lot of potential and is a great design. Enclave is pretty good, but I prefer Traverse (for now).

Terrain is just fug.

The Nox went vanilla, the Terrain went bold. I'll take bold. Say what you will, but the GMC will get noticed. OK that it is polarizing. This will sell VERY well! May be a customer in the Fall.
Equinox is the better-looking vehicle by a mile. As far as its segment goes, it's among the best-looking.

The problem is that it departed way to far from the boxy brawny GMC everyone loves. The shifter buttons are a disaster.
The buttons would be fine if they just had the all identical buttons in a neat row with a premium look.

They sat down and THOUGHT UP a mishmash of black plastic ones in a weird spot. My guess: FOCUS GROUPS SAID THEY WANT DIFFERENTIATED BUTTONS FOR DIFFERENT GEARS.

Calling it now.

Sorry Charley, I was told to leave my phone in the car, and even if I didn't, where I was at, they put tamper-proof stickers on the lenses...............

The push-button start might remind you of a traffic light. (that is a hint)

;)
Was the interior covered? Compare it to K2xx.

#16 ·
I saw a Terrain at the grocery store, full finished trim 3 weeks ago; Honda Civic want's it tail-lights back, and the front is as goofy as I originally thought.

Also seeing many Equinox, GM messed that one up, back is too short and small/low.

Within the last week I started seeing the new Traverse; serious potential, would like to drive one soon.

Oh, and speaking of driving new vehicles, I drove a T1XX the other day.........................

;)

#19 ·
Am I wrong in feeling that GM has missed the mark with GMC's SUV/CUV market implementation?
While I absolutely think the the Terrain is stunning inside and out, I personally feel that GMC should be in the same race as Jeep.
GMC's SUV/CUVs should be rugged, off-roading designs IMO.

#24 ·
The Nox went vanilla, the Terrain went bold. I'll take bold. Say what you will, but the GMC will get noticed. OK that it is polarizing. This will sell VERY well! May be a customer in the Fall.
Its not anymore vanilla than the last gen model...In fact I think it looks sleeker.

both NG Terrain and Equinox will sell great...Mark it down.

#29 · (Edited)
I've seen many examples of the Terrain on Michigan roads within the past month, I just assumed they were in full production now since the Equinox is already saturating Michigan. The Terrain really looks like a tortured amalgamation of design ideas, I like the back far more than the front but those stubby and droopy fascias doesn't do anything for me. The Equinox is a bit dull but the fascia is nice and the exterior finishes are more upscale than the competition from Ford and Korea.

Overall GM has very quickly turned their entire SUV business around at record speed, nobody can complain about what they are doing since they have a complete new lineup with a very large collective sales lead. They got this.

#46 ·
I've driven vehicles with push button shifters (granted, it was a 40 foot long transit bus) and it's not that big a deal. That being said, what's in Terrain just seems to be there for the sake of doing something weird and different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.