GM Inside News Forum banner

GM submits fresh trademark filing for GMC Granite

9K views 55 replies 39 participants last post by  GMTruckGuy74 
#1 ·
GM submits fresh trademark filing for GMC Granite
Left Lane News
By Justin King
Tuesday, Jun 2nd, 2015

Production rumors have surfaced several times in the past few years. GM North America president Mark Reuss added to the speculation in 2013 when he hinted at production plans for an "innovative portfolio entry" for GMC, with a new car-like model to slot below the Terrain.

Such an offering may have become a higher priority amid the ongoing success of the Buick Encore, which is the only Buick nameplate to achieve positive sales gains in the first five months of this year.

*Full Article at Link

See less See more
#40 ·
GM lost huge amount of money in not giving the green light to the Granite concept. If I saw Mark Reuss I'd tell him he and his co executives at GM were numbskulls for not making this premium small crossover vehicle.

All they have to do is slightly update the concept look and style for production.

#48 ·
Being first to market with something innovative can result in oodles of profits. GM just made the guy responsible for the PT Cruiser, head of Buick design ---- didn't GM make a vehicle that looked similar to the PT ? I also believe the small crossover is the future, government mpg mandates and if anyone thinks gas prices are going to remain low with the middle east in turmoil, think again. The crossover is kinda cool, room for the family plus AWD makes it safer and all crossovers can talk with other crossovers--- connected !

#52 ·
GM still needs to offer the GMC Granite and it would sell well as the original concept.

If not it needs to be a more refined version of the Encore.

Either way the Granite needs a Denali version.

Then again, this is GM we are talking about, so I will believe they will make a GMC Granite when I am test driving one.

#56 · (Edited)
Another GM fan site is claiming that the "Granite" name will be GMC's version of the Chevrolet RST package on the 2019 Yukons.

*UPDATE: strike out "Granite" and replace with "Graphite". That is the new package name according to the 2019 ordering guide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.