BREAKING: 2014 GMC Sierra to be revealed 12/13/12

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: 2014 GMC Sierra to be revealed 12/13/12

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

BREAKING: 2014 GMC Sierra to be revealed 12/13/12

2014 GMC Sierra Reveal Announced
    GM Announces Reveal on GMC's Facebook Page
    GMC (Facebook)
    December 3, 2012

Today GMC made a casual announcement on its Facebook page that its variant of the all-new full-size truck will debut on December 13, 2012. Few additional details are available at this time, but stay tuned to GMI for all the late-breaking news on this highly anticipated new product:

Congratulations to Dustin Bartling, our GMC Fan of the Week. His photo of his GMC taken in the Black Hills received the most Likes this week. SIERRA OWNERS: Next week’s Fan of the Week will be Sierra-themed in honor of the new 2014 Sierra. Watch it revealed here 12/13/12. Upload a picture of yourself with your Sierra truck, get people to Like it, and next week we may just be congratulating you, Sierra owners.
    UPDATE: They have also now posted a countdown timer and an RSVP for the live stream @ 9:30 AM EST

https://www.facebook.com/gmc/app_553508231342194
    Proud owner of two elegant/classy GMCs:

2008 GMC Sierra "All Terrain" Crew Cab 5.3L/FFV - Stealth Gray Metallic/Ebony
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L - Switchblade Silver/Ebony

Future owner of another classy GMC Sierra "All Terrain"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Volt

Re: BREAKING: 2014 GMC Sierra to be revealed 12/13/12

Looking at November sales, this can not come a moment too soon.

The numbers, and GM's excuse of not wanting to enter the "incentive war" makes Job One for this product, a most pressing concern.

Incentive War? GM is advertising $9000 off the sticker here in NY. What would the figure be during an "incentive war"?

Thanks

I really hope this gives us the full specs and not just a "here's what it looks like". I hope the HD is included on this too, but I probably wont' be that lucky.

Current Vehicles: 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 2011 Suburban K2500 LT (pulling a 2008 Jayco Jayflight G2 31BHDS), 2007 Yukon Denali

Past Vehciles: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab; 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G (sold because the wife wanted something with 3rd row seating and I wanted a G8 GT or Camaro SS...so the compromise was a vehicle with 3rd row but with a 6.2L V8, ie, the Denali).

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    Looking at November sales, this can not come a moment too soon.

The numbers, and GM's excuse of not wanting to enter the "incentive war" makes Job One for this product, a most pressing concern.

Incentive War? GM is advertising $9000 off the sticker here in NY. What would the figure be during an "incentive war"?
    Once the wraps are taken off the new trucks, they're almost going to HAVE to get into the incentive war to move remaining inventory of the current ones. Unless the new ones look like crap, then everyone will be grabbing up what they can while they can.

Thanks

I doubt that GM will release powertrain and fuel economy ratings at this debut.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

I don't think it will be fully revealed with specs until the Detroit Auto Show. Not exactly a shock that Silvy AND Sierra will be revealed the same day.

BTW, there was a dealer -decades past now- in Cody, Wyo, who would hoard the previous year model - he did it in '73 and '81 so he could sell the last new 'old' style pickups. Just can't see that happening as the Kx is supposed to be so much better...
    Check out my automotive blog http://elvisceralappeal.blogspot.com/

Thanks

With sales up another 3% at GM, it seems they keep piling on the good news.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mentat Bashar's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

Finally.

Thanks

So is this a Facebook only "virtual" reveal with the first public (in the flesh) reveal being Detroit?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 GMC HighRider ZR2

Its hard to believe that GM would reveal the Sierra before the Silverado. Or am I missing something
    You can tell that GM really cared about the ATS from day one. If GM cared about all its vehicles that way they would truely be #1.

Past ride: 1996 Reg. Cab S10: LS1 swap, headers, painless wiring, T56 manual, with a built 10 bolt, disc brakes, locker, lowered 3 inches--SOLD TO HELP BUY HOUSE

Current ride: 02 GMC HighRider Zr2: Line-X'd rockers, lifted,33's, winch,manual NP231, & alot more. SOON TO BE SAS w/ D44's on 35's with a 5.3

Thanks

I want GM to succeed, but they HAVE to stop showing people their future vehicles so far in advance, or at least talking them up so early.

We knew about the Camaro for a good couple years before we could buy one, we knew about the Volt for several years, and we knew about the Malibu for a long time before it was for sale too. Look at Honda, they made a crap vehicle, and they redesigned it, and we didn't know what it looked like until a couple weeks before you could go buy one.

Nobody buys an old dated model when they know what the new one looks like....not without big rebates at least. GM, I want you to succeed, but you keep doing the same damn things over and over again.

It's as if they want us to all live in the future, but when the new cars finally come out, we all feel as if they are a couple years old because we saw them so early.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Black Cadillac ATS 2.0

When is the new model supposed to be up for sale? If it is in the first half of 2013, I think they are doing th right thing. If not, then yeah they are doing this way too soon. Ideally, they'd reveal it and have some models to look at, at the Detroit Show.

Thanks

I believe they have already retooled at the plants and the 2013 model is going to be a short run. Aren't the 2014 trucks due out in the spring rather the typical fall release?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

I thought Nick had said something about the new trucks being delayed a few months. I guess we will find out.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Benjiwah View Post
    So is this a Facebook only "virtual" reveal with the first public (in the flesh) reveal being Detroit?
    No, apparently there will be a live event in Detroit that will be streamed. Probably similar to the SS Racecar's recent launch event I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR2nit View Post
    Its hard to believe that GM would reveal the Sierra before the Silverado. Or am I missing something
    A few "other" sites had threads a while back saying the Silverado and Sierra will both be revealed at this event, but this is the first I've seen official "the countdown is on" type postings by either GMC or Chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkujo View Post
    When is the new model supposed to be up for sale? If it is in the first half of 2013, I think they are doing th right thing. If not, then yeah they are doing this way too soon. Ideally, they'd reveal it and have some models to look at, at the Detroit Show.
    There will be some models to look at in Detroit for NAIAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjiwah View Post
    I believe they have already retooled at the plants and the 2013 model is going to be a short run. Aren't the 2014 trucks due out in the spring rather the typical fall release?
    They are now saying they're due out Summer 2013.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information