Rendered: Corvette C7.R

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rendered: Corvette C7.R

Thanks
    My Ride
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed

Rendered: Corvette C7.R

Autoblog

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Bowman at AutoGuide.com
    General Motors has made it very clear the 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette borrowed more than a few engineering tricks from the mighty Corvette Racing C6R, leaving us to ponder on what exactly a C7R might look like. It seems our friend Jon Sibal was wondering the exact same thing. The designer recently took the time to whip up a rendering of an American Le Mans Series-prepared version of the new sportscar, and the creation looks as sinister on our screens as it did in our imaginations. With its exposed carbon fiber, matte black graphics, yellow lighting and center lug wheels, this rendering looks appropriately sinister.
    I wonder how Porsche, BMW, Viper, and Ferrari are going to respond to this latest and greatest Corvette. Probably just lobby to put more independent restrictions on the Corvette. Well, minus the Viper, the Viper will probably be just as restricted as the Vette.
    Last edited by hrcslam; 01-15-2013 at 12:30 PM.

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 LE2 355, 230/238 .565/.565" 110+6, 1.6:1 SA RR, LT Headers with ORY, T-56 (rebuilt w/ some upgrades), Ram HDx Clutch, Lowered 1.25" LCA Relocation brackets, Adj Panhard Bar, Poly suspension bushings, STB , CAI, !emissions crap, Magna Flow Cat Back. 150,xxx miles. 414rwhp
    2001 Suburban, lowered (3/5) Magna flow, free mods, CAI, tune, built 4L60e. 200,xxx miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

Re: Rendered: Corvette C7.R

That pic is enough to make me cream my jeans, lol.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    That pic is enough to make me cream my jeans, lol.
    They should do a back view rendering and send it to all the other race teams in their class.

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 LE2 355, 230/238 .565/.565" 110+6, 1.6:1 SA RR, LT Headers with ORY, T-56 (rebuilt w/ some upgrades), Ram HDx Clutch, Lowered 1.25" LCA Relocation brackets, Adj Panhard Bar, Poly suspension bushings, STB , CAI, !emissions crap, Magna Flow Cat Back. 150,xxx miles. 414rwhp
    2001 Suburban, lowered (3/5) Magna flow, free mods, CAI, tune, built 4L60e. 200,xxx miles.

Thanks

This rendition is much more like a GT3 version, and probably very close to reality. The C7R Corvette Racing GT2 version would have far more aggressive rear wing, slots, strakes, and intakes. I can,t wait

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hrcslam View Post
    Autoblog

I wonder how Porsche, BMW, Viper, and Ferrari are going to respond to this latest and greatest Corvette. Probably just lobby to put more independent restrictions on the Corvette. Well, minus the Viper, the Viper will probably be just as restricted as the Vette.
    Only 7 cylinders + 500lbs.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information