GM Inside News Forum banner

Next generation Opel Astra spied with thinner camouflage

14K views 71 replies 29 participants last post by  GTC 
#1 ·
The compact five-door hatchback is showing us its headlights which from a previous spy photo set appeared to benefit from full LED technology. Opel is still keeping a full-body camouflage on their Astra K prototypes, but even so it's easy to notice the sleeker design enhanced by a prominent character line at the door handle level. Chances are the Monza concept's styling will rub off onto the new Astra so expect a sharper design.

More: http://www.worldcarfans.com/

#30 ·
I agree with mgescuro, the B-Class is very homey looking. Idk who they appeal too. Probably C-Max owners looking for better.

I also loathe the CLA sedan. The regular GLA is pretty decent looking in person. My ire comes from the fact it's marketed as a crossover. Call a spade a spade. At least people here recognize it for what it is, a tall hatch.

#35 ·
I hate the looks of the CLAs that I've seen.
I'd rather a C.

#36 ·
#48 ·
I know what you mean. I love my Astra and am hoping GM gross a pair to bring at least the five door here....I won't hold my breath for the the door. I really like the Adam too....so hopefully by the time my wife's car is paid off there will be something unique from GM.

#70 ·
According to the Auto Bild engine options will be:
GASOLINE
1.0T 105HP
1.4T 145HP
1.6T 200HP
DIESEL
1.6CDTI 95HP
1.6CDTI 140HP
1.6CDTI 170HP

New generation is shorter for 5cm, and has smaller height for about 2.5cm
It will be lighter for 120-200kg, and has more inner space and better handling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.