New Opel Cascada: Open-air Elegance from 25,945 Euros

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Opel Cascada: Open-air Elegance from 25,945 Euros

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Opel Media Online
    2013-01-15

- Glamorous mid-size convertible with premium soft top now available to order
    - Extensive standard equipment and many high-quality options
    - New direct-injection 1.6 SIDI gasoline Turbo; top BiTurbo diesel available soon

Rüsselsheim. The new Opel Cascada is now available to order with prices starting at 25,945 euros (RRP incl. VAT in Germany). The nearly 4.70 meter-long elegant mid-size class convertible celebrates its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show in March. A classic four-seater with an elongated silhouette and sophisticated, high-quality soft top, it will be at dealerships from April, just in time for the first sunny spring days. “Following the compact Mokka SUV and the small lifestyle ADAM, the Cascada is the next highlight in our product offensive. Our new mid-size class convertible boasts open-air driving fun in premium quality – from design to its technologies and equipment – all at an extremely attractive price,” says Opel Management Board Member for Strategy Dr. Thomas Sedran.

Already the Cascada Edition variant available from 25,945 euros comes standard with a wide range of equipment and state-of-the-art technologies. One highlight is the taut electric soft top that can be opened at the press of a button and at speeds up to 50 km/h in 17 seconds or also via remote control when the car is at a standstill. Best Opel chassis technology originally developed for the Insignia OPC is featured on the Cascada’s front axle with HiPerStrut (High Performance Strut) suspension, guaranteeing driving fun and superb traction. The Opel Cascada also offers luggage compartment load volume of 280 liters with the roof open and up to 380 liters when the soft top is closed. It also boasts very comfortable and easy operation features such as the FlexFold system that electrically releases and folds down the 50:50 split rear seat back rests. All this makes the Cascada perfectly suitable for everyday use as well as for longer journeys. Also standard features on all Cascada, light alloy wheels, rear lights in newest-generation homogeneous LED technology, a Morrocana wrapped instrument panel and a leather steering wheel add extra glamour and pleasure. The Park Pilot assists during reverse parking with an acoustic warning signal. The entry-level powertrain is the 1.4-liter gasoline Turbo unit with 88 kW/120 hp and a six-speed manual transmission. For a base price of 28,245 euros, the 125 kW/170 hp 1.6-liter SIDI Turbo from the completely new engine generation with direct injection is available. It boasts excellent running smoothness and power delivery with maximum torque of 280 Nm with overboost.

For 3,600 euros extra compared to the Edition, the Opel Cascada INNOVATION versions offer additional standard equipment such as the exceptional premium soft top with superb acoustic insulation. Superior comfort in the interior is also ensured by electric seat belt presenters, dual-zone ECC (Electronic Climate Control) and elegant Morrocana seat upholstery with contrast stitching. The AFL+ Adaptive Forward Lighting system ensures highest safety and visibility with up to ten automatic lighting functions.

High individualization level with wide range of equipment extras

At market launch ten exterior colors are available, and they can be combined with three roof colors. In addition, wheels are available in ten different designs and sizes from 17 to 20 inches. In the interior, the Cascada offers four elegant equipment and trim options, including two top-quality leather variants. Cascada owners can choose between three optional infotainment and navigation systems that can be combined with Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB+) and can integrate mobile telephone functions.

Highest levels of safety and driving fun are ensured by driver assistance, protection and comfort systems such as the adaptive chassis system FlexRide for 980 euros, the second generation Opel Eye front camera with many new functions (800 euros) and the premium ergonomic AGR certified seat for driver and front passenger (685 euros). Further comfort extras are also optionally available, including the power Easy Entry system, electric seat adjustment and ventilation, heated steering wheel and electrical auxiliary heater that can be activated by remote control.

The Cascada comes with a broad and efficient powertrain line-up. On the gasoline side next to the 1.4-liter Turbo unit with 88 kW/120 hp or 103 kW/140 hp, the completely newly constructed 125 kW/170 hp 1.6-liter SIDI Turbo with direct injection is available. On the diesel side the 121 kW/165 hp 2.0 CDTI ecoFLEX ensures optimum power delivery and high economy. With six-speed transmission and Start/Stop, it consumes just 5.2 liters per 100 km and emits only 138 g/km CO2. Just like the 1.6 SIDI Turbo, the 2.0-liter Turbo diesel can also be combined with six-speed automatic transmission. The portfolio will soon be completed by the efficient and powerful 2.0 BiTurbo CDTI ecoFLEX with 143 kW/195 hp, maximum torque of 400 Nm, manual six-speed transmission and Start/Stop technology.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: New Opel Cascada: Open-air Elegance from 25,945 Euros

Nice! Buick needs this to justify the Regals existance!

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevy Volt

This converts to $ 34,766.30 for what I assume is the base price.

Thus production would have to be N/A based. I can't see a volume to make that happen.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Buick...waiting...Buick....waiting...

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post

Thus production would have to be N/A based. I can't see a volume to make that happen.
    No it doesn't. If you compare available cars on both side of the pond, I guess the base price would be in the range from $26,000 - $29,500.

FYI, a Opel Insignia 1.6T/180hp/6MT in Edition trim-level (second lowest with steel wheels and nothing more than a steering wheel and seats) starts at €30,770 incl. VAT. If you compare the price with a Buick Regal, even those produced in Germany. No way.
    Last edited by Toto; 01-15-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

All I see is G6. Soooo, it kinda looks dated. It's a stretched Delta, so maybe we will see a Verano vert?
    I didn't go to math school, so I'm not going to do the math.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 vcs2600's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, the similar VW EOS starts at $34K. (And, frankly, that price range seems fine for a Buick convertible.)

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

Buick please.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI

Thanks
    My Ride
    2009 Pontiac G8 V6

IMHO this and the Adam is the place Buick needs to go to
    "A" separate From "basic" Caddies and premium Chevy's
    "B" I believe there is a market for "premium Urban cars" like the Mokka/Adam/Cascada
    I hope they start giving Buick the Opel TECH that sets Opels above Toyota/Chevy in the EU market place

CHEVY- Value driven full line maker - target - Toyota
    Buick - premium urban cars - Target upper Fords - VW - lower Germans IE BMW FWD 1 series MINI
    Caddy - the American driving Machine - BMW - MERCADES - LEXUS and other FULL LINE LUXERY builders

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I was so hoping that Buick would surprise and announce the Buick version in Detroit.....maybe NYC?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

we had a G6 covertible....while it was a fun car, the Cascada is no G6.....interior alone in the Opel is much, much better.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar rueben44's Avatar
    Thanks

Buick needs this yesterday. Bring it here produced along side the Regal.
    1990 Cadillac Allante
    2012 Kia Rio
    Future car: 2013 Buick Verano 3 Door

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    This is Astra-based

Thanks

2014 Buick Skylark, Isn't there any extra capacity at Lordstown or Orion to build one of these?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    The Cascada is an Astra J convertible, not a Regal/Insignia. Delta 2 C-segment, not Epsilon 2 D-segment. It replaces this:

See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    No it doesn't. If you compare available cars on both side of the pond, I guess the base price would be in the range from $26,000 - $29,500.
    THIS.

Yeah, the similar VW EOS starts at $34K. (And, frankly, that price range seems fine for a Buick convertible.)
    The Eos is a bad example. VW sold only 6,214 Eoses last year. So few that 2013 is its final season.

See: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/29/v...olet-possible/

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Buick please.
    YES. And twice on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    IMHO this and the Adam is the place Buick needs to go to
    "A" separate From "basic" Caddies and premium Chevy's
    "B" I believe there is a market for "premium Urban cars" like the Mokka/Adam/Cascada
    I hope they start giving Buick the Opel TECH that sets Opels above Toyota/Chevy in the EU market place

I was hoping we'd get a version of the Meriva here in the US. I guess the Encore is a version of the Meriva since they share an IP and a platform. But the Meriva is pretty where the Encore is awkward. Had they just made an Outback-type AWD version of the Meriva, I'd have preferred that. The Encore is nice, but it's not as nice as the Meriva...in the looks department, especially. Plus, I love the fact that they made suicide doors work for a B-car.

But yes, I agree that the Adam, GTC, and Cascada all need to be Buicks. Get an Omega flagship to support the top end, and you'd have quite the nice Buick lineup. Especially if a Regal wagon with an Outback-type option were available to slot between the Encore and Enclave, but not step on the Terrain's toes...

Quote Originally Posted by buick59 View Post
    I was so hoping that Buick would surprise and announce the Buick version in Detroit.....maybe NYC?
    I'm sort of disconcerted about the lack of Buick news at NAIAS so far. Sigh.
    Last edited by autoplaybook; 01-15-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Peace,

Autoplaybook

Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information