GM Inside News Forum banner

In Final Development Stage: New Opel Insignia Grand Sport [VIDEO]

4K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Toto 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I can't look at this thing on a full stomach! It looks acceptable at the 0:32 mark.

#3 · (Edited)
In other news, as I have hinted numerous times, there is no Insignia OPC V6 twin turbo.

Opel dropped it a few weeks ago due to brexit costs. HFV6 is just too expensive, Opel have to keep subsidising Vauxhall for the time being.

As for the CarAdvice.com.au artists' impressions: the headlights shape is wrong, the bird's beak is wrong, the door panel curve is wrong, the C-pillar on the hatch and the wagon D-pillar and tail lamps are wrong. IMHO the wagon looks better than the hatch. Overall it is a very sharp design.

#4 ·
So, first an article drops about the new Holden Commodore, and now we see the Insignia video. Are we to assume the Regal preview is next?

#15 ·
Assuming this car is coming to North America as the Regal ... since it's bigger than the current Regal, won't it be nearly as big as the LaCrosse? How will they be differentiated? I get that this is a hatch, but is that really enough of a difference? Is this the performance variant and the LaCrosse the more luxury-oriented? Seems odd to have two sedans that are nearly the same size.

#17 ·
Is it me, or is the gestation of this car longer than usual? It seems we've been seeing these prototypes for ever. Anyone know when the official unveiling is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.