2015 Opel Corsa spied showing new details

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Opel Corsa spied showing new details

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

2015 Opel Corsa spied showing new details

Caught undergoing cold weather testing, the prototype has been equipped with an ADAM-inspired front fascia that has a wide grille and familiar headlights. The rear of the car is untouched but our spies have previously said we can expect an updated interior with a new steering wheel, an improved audio system and higher quality materials.

More at the link: worldcarfans.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2015 Opel Corsa spied showing new details

By the way things are shaping up (judging from these pics), the rest of GM will be using Gamma platform's version 1055 and Opel will still be stuck with yet another refresh of the current Corsa...

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Hideous lights. Together with the new Cruze, looks like GM is completing its Toyotaization. Bland, lame, boring. BTW, GM, Toyoduhs don't sell because they look dull, they sell because of quality and reliability. You might want to work on that first.

Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz_23 View Post
    Hideous lights. Together with the new Cruze, looks like GM is completing its Toyotaization. Bland, lame, boring. BTW, GM, Toyoduhs don't sell because they look dull, they sell because of quality and reliability. You might want to work on that first.
    Ever heard the term Mule? Those are mule lights

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2011 silver 2.4L

Mule eyes aside, I kinda like it.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Insignia ST/2011/brown

The headlights? I think they are final. Just the same as the Adam's.

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by mchicha View Post
    Ever heard the term Mule? Those are mule lights
    I don't believe this is a mule. This is the facelift...for the MY06 Corsa!
    Have sales for GM not seen in THIS POST? Email Me

Go Tigers! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Corvette Convertible-Cruze

You have quite an imagination to report that GM is completing its Toyotanization. I'm sure not many agree with you. Certainly, Toyota sells not because of all it's recalls. Toyota reminds me when GM was making lousy products for years and still sold like hotcakes, but you can do this only for so long. I think that's what is happening with Toyota.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Terrain Denali, White

You might want to check out JD Power quality ratings of recent GM vehicles and Toyota's history of recalls on current models first.

Thanks

The lights are almost surely production. Modern cars put the headlights and tail lights as fill ins between multiple panels to avoid having to make those panels come together precisely. There's way more tolerance available to work with that way. And that's exactly what they're doing here. Production.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC Premium Member
    Thanks

More photos here, including the Adam-like interior: http://www.turkeycarblog.com/2014/01...-goruntulendi/

Hmmm, I'm not sure I believe that that is the actual next generation Corsa. I think it is a mule. I really find it hard to believe that Opel wouldn't add the trademark Opel 'blades' to the Corsa. If they had elected to just facelift the Corsa D, surely they'd add the 'blades' to the door panels - it could be done at relatively little cost and would harmonise the Corsa with the remainder of the Opel/Vauxhall range. Also, surely they would also change the rear a bit more on a facelift of a seven-year old car?

Certainly this site claims it is a mule: http://www.carskings.com/opel/new-op...r-development/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evanstim View Post
    More photos here, including the Adam-like interior: http://www.turkeycarblog.com/2014/01...-goruntulendi/

Hmmm, I'm not sure I believe that that is the actual next generation Corsa. I think it is a mule. I really find it hard to believe that Opel wouldn't add the trademark Opel 'blades' to the Corsa. If they had elected to just facelift the Corsa D, surely they'd add the 'blades' to the door panels - it could be done at relatively little cost and would harmonise the Corsa with the remainder of the Opel/Vauxhall range. Also, surely they would also change the rear a bit more on a facelift of a seven-year old car?

Certainly this site claims it is a mule: http://www.carskings.com/opel/new-op...r-development/
    That's just old rumors.

The Corsa must undergo another face-lift it.

A new generation of the Corsa should begin to be developed along with Sonic mk2.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDi

Quote Originally Posted by AMcA View Post
    The lights are almost surely production. Modern cars put the headlights and tail lights as fill ins between multiple panels to avoid having to make those panels come together precisely. There's way more tolerance available to work with that way. And that's exactly what they're doing here. Production.
    Aerodynamically, the adjoining panels need to be damn close to the light units - tolerances are way less than they used to be.

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member Toto's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Opel Corsa GSI

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatto View Post
    That's just old rumors.

The Corsa must undergo another face-lift it.

A new generation of the Corsa should begin to be developed along with Sonic mk2.
    The original plan was building the next Corsa on the platform from Peugeot 208. After GM and Peugeot killed the deal, Opel was without a new Corsa and made a stop-gap FL with parts from the ADAM (exterior, interior, suspension).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Toto For This Useful Post:

Marcatto (02-19-2014)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 VX Corsa SXi

Bearing in mind Opel-Vauxhall got everyone with the Adam Rocks, I'm still smelling something fishy about this... people keep talking about GM getting stuck with another facelift as the Peugeot deal didn't work, yet it's funny how the 208 seemed to come out OK. So many different rumours about the new model, yet there's a mule spied with a new front, new dashboard/fascia and yet nothing to the sides/rear lights? At the same time, AutoExpress recently carried a rendering of an "all new" model, yet the article itself claimed there'd just be a refresh.

Mules with wider tracks than a regular/current Corsa D, half-camouflaged fronts... something very fishy indeed.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information