2014 Opel/Vauxhall Corsa Facelift Spied

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014 Opel/Vauxhall Corsa Facelift Spied

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Gmotors.co.uk
    January 28, 2013
    by Andrew Baker

Even though the current-generation Vauxhall Corsa is more than six years old and it has already been updated once it looks like another facelift is coming soon.

The prototype spied in Spain has a heavily disguised front end, that looks similar to the new Adam city car. We expect to see changes also at the rear, along with an updated interior and engine range.

The Corsa facelift is very likely going to debut later this year at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Images available at link.
    Last edited by ne_one; 01-28-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Formatting: please refer to the guide at the top of the Submit a News Article forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 SX Holden Captiva Diesel

Re: Opel Corsa Facelift II spied

The new platform is already waiting it's under the Sonic/Aveo
    She’s got four a colour, four a clear
    She’s lookin’ better year by year
    And unlike you tonight she’s riding low

So baby its goodbye
    You could never get me high
    Like when I light the nitro on my
    HQ454 Monroe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    Yep! But it seems that while there is a that GammaII platform under the Sonic/Aveo, a newer platform will come from PSA and my guess is that a future Corsa will be based on that one... Unless GM Europe backtracks itself again... :/

Thanks

GM has always let their B-cars live extended lives. It's part of how they amortize the enormous cost to tool such a low-margin vehicle.

The Corsa A debuted in '82 and ran for 12 model years before it was reworked on the same platform to become the 1994 Corsa B. The B ran for seven years before it was heavily reworked - but still on the same basic platform dating to 1982 - and became the Corsa C for MY2001. The C ran another 6 model years before being supplanted by the current, and completely different, D model.

So the first three renditions of the Corsa were on the same basic platform, racking up 25 model years before being replaced by the current car.

The current car will probably see fewer years on the market, though, since its development costs were shared with Fiat, whose Punto uses the platform as well.
    Peace,

Autoplaybook

Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 VX Corsa SXi

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post

Look at the rear wheel arches - lower and widened - plus extra width and proportions between the front and rear doors. It's not just a facelift. Corsa D is very popular, but E is very hotly anticipated here in Europe and Vauxhall-Opel wouldn't risk it. Facelift doesn't make sense, especially as the Meriva's already based on the new platform too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steviejacks View Post
    Look at the rear wheel arches - lower and widened - plus extra width and proportions between the front and rear doors. It's not just a facelift
    Sorry, but I don't really see any changes to the exterior. See photos of the current Corsa on media.opel.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryKo View Post
    Sorry, but I don't really see any changes to the exterior. See photos of the current Corsa on media.opel.com.
    Guess that what Steviejacks meant was that this is the NG corsa front end grafted to a current-gen body...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 VX Corsa SXi

Quote Originally Posted by zl-1 View Post
    Guess that what Steviejacks meant was that this is the NG corsa front end grafted to a current-gen body...
    No I didn't, although I see your point... A grafting of new onto old doesn't quite fit, because the proportions are wrong. Plus they've not done anything to the back of the car. Which is doubly strange as it doesn't fit with the premium design language and rear ends of the new Astra, forthcoming Insignia update, etc.

I have a Corsa D on on my driveway (as well as my C) and the car pictured above doesn't look/sit right. Photographs are deceptive anyway, but the spy shots clearly show extra weight/lowered suspension in the back of the car. Any PSA platform is a good few years away, Peugeot's 208 has only just come out too and I said before, the Meriva already rides on what should be the Corsa E's platform.

I know some of you aren't convinced, so I guess we'll have to wait and see...

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 VX Corsa SXi

No I didn't, although I see your point... A grafting of new onto old doesn't quite fit, because the proportions are wrong. Plus they've not done anything to the back of the car. Which is doubly strange as it doesn't fit with the premium design language and rear ends of the new Astra, forthcoming Insignia update, etc.

I have a Corsa D on on my driveway (as well as my C) and the car pictured above doesn't look/sit right. Photographs are deceptive anyway, but the spy shots clearly show extra weight/lowered suspension in the back of the car. Any PSA platform is a good few years away, Peugeot's 208 has only just come out too and I said before, the Meriva already rides on what should be the Corsa E's platform.

I know some of you aren't convinced, so I guess we'll have to wait and see...

OK... now I'm *almost* convinced and more than a little disappointed... but I still don't get why they haven't changed the rear since 2006? Makes the side look very dated. New Polo, 208, Fiesta and Clio all since 2006... Corsa still a top seller so I don't think this will last long:

http://carscoop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...preparing.html

Thanks

OK... now I'm *almost* convinced and more than a little disappointed... but I still don't get why they haven't changed the rear since 2006? Makes the side look very dated. New Polo, 208, Fiesta and Clio all since 2006... Corsa still a top seller so I don't think this will last long:

http://carscoop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...preparing.html
    I thought you meant that it could be some mule for a future Corsa

I think GM's just playing its old strategy of letting Corsa generations last forever.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 VX Corsa SXi

Re: 2014 Opel/Vauxhall Corsa Facelift Spied

Yeah, from the first pics I was certain that they were a mule for an all-new model, though at second glance perhaps not. Vauxhall here in the UK have 'hinted' a new Corsa is coming, plus I don't get why they would facelift the front again, do the fascia but not change the rear. Though they're probably not wanting to take too much hype from the Adam (which is all-new) and the Nova (Corsa A) had a new fascia and front end only 18 months before it was replaced altogether. Still dates the rest of the shell a hell of a lot though! Who knows what they're doing...

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information