GM Inside News Forum banner

Spied: 2016 Cadillac CT6 in China

13K views 79 replies 35 participants last post by  Envoy4Life 
#1 ·
Spy Shot: Cadillac CT6 in Black and Red in China.
Car News China
October 9, 2015
By: Joey Wang

The best Spy Shots so far of the new Cadillac CT6 sedan. This is the China-made version, it debuted last month on the Chengdu Auto Show and will launch on the Chinese car market in early 2016. The Cadillac CT6 is be manufactured by the Shanghai-GM joint venture.

This is the CT6 40T, the Chinese designation for the new 3.0 twin-turbocharged engine. Output is 405hp and 543nm, and horses go to all wheels via a eight-speed automatic transmission. AWD badge on the lower-left. Shanghai-GM badge on the lower-right. Twin-pipes on each side.

The CT6 is set to compete with the lower-priced variants of the Audi A8, BMW 7, and Mercedes S-Class. It stands on the new GM ‘Omega’ platform that will also underpin a future big-barge Buick that will be manufactured in China exclusively for the Chinese market.

The CT6 will also be available with a turbocharged 2.0 four-cylinder with an output of 272hp and 400nm, sending power rear-wheels only. This variant will be designated ‘CT6 280′.

Transmission for bot engines is an eight-speed ‘Hydra-Matic’ automatic.

Full article at link.

See less See more
#12 ·
The car's proportions help it out immensely as well.

Look at this picture:

The CT6 is low and wide, which makes the car's overall appearance far more attractive. In fact, the full-size CT6 in that picture is close the same height as the compact-midsize G2 CTS!

#23 ·
Bodes well for GM China when they are the lead house to develop vehicles like the CT6.

#28 ·
The interior looks just as cheap as the interior of the pre-production models.
The fit and finish of the leather stitching looks like typical GM "quality". The steering wheel looks absolutely horrible.

And be prepared to fall asleep if you ever drive behind one, the back is a snoozefest!

Since i live a part of the year in europe and most of the year in California, the chance of me seeing one on the road will be close to zero, so i'm good.

#30 ·
The Seattle auto show is going on right now and I was really disappointed that Cadillac didn't have a ct6 there. The thing has been out for almost six months and will actually be on sale in two or three. How the hell could they not have one there? Even just on a turning stand would have been fine, but nope. What made it even worse is that Lincoln had the Continental concept (a car that's not being released in years) on full display not even thirty feet away.

wtf Cadillac?

#37 ·
Who is sponsoring or putting on the show? The reason being is that the one I like to attend closest to me is Las Vegas on Thanksgiving weekend done by Motor Trend and usually consists of product gathered up from local dealers an such and doesn't get the "imminent release" type of thing a lot. It might make a difference is why I say this is all, don't know but that's my opinion.

#39 · (Edited)
I like the rear and it looks fine to me. Two thing catch my attention in the pictures. One is will the shifter just rock a little back and it then clicks down as you hold it? I ask this because the gear selection is on the handle itself. I know it has the room for it to actually go back but still I'm curious about this. Second is that looks like it may be a hybrid plug in because of the Volt like energy ball on the display. Very nice car though!!!

Oh and this is NOT a 5 or E class competitor it is a short wheel base S or 7 competitor. There will be a long wheel base higher end version to match the long wheel base versions of those cars later. As to the interior....that is pre-production....Cadillac does excellent interiors now so I don't get some of your comments.

#43 ·
I think they looked at the overall pic.. and decided that because of the reduction in weight they could offer AWD as a positive standard that was not the norm in the red based vehicles in the segment

#67 ·
You have both links confused. The one with Auto Guide is the Platinum model and the other link is Premium model. By the looks of the pics, they both are wearing 20 inches.

Something very similar to the XTS, you can get 20 inch rims on the Premium model just like the XTS Platinum also.

#76 ·
Finally !!! They lowered the beltline , this will be much loved by drivers and passengers of this luxury car....I can see , I can see....and I can be seen !! No wonder MARIA had such a lovely smile on her face , she probably had just returned from a ride in this classy sedan !

#78 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kind of looks like the current Chrysler 300 model with a short rear trunk!
Naaaaah. Kinda looks like the CTS, but longer, more muscular, and more elegant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.