GM Inside News Forum banner

Review: 2014 Cadillac XTS4 Vsport

26K views 239 replies 38 participants last post by  bballr4567 
#1 ·
Review: 2014 Cadillac XTS4 Vsport
LeftLaneNews
April 22, 2014
By: Mark Elias

Currently the largest sedan in Cadillac's portfolio, the XTS takes all of the brand's latest high tech features and places them in one svelte package. Is it enough to pique the interests of those who might otherwise wander into the showrooms of the German competition?

Last year, the answer was probably no, at least for performance-minded buyers, but it's a whole different story for 2014. While the standard XTS remains with its naturally aspirated V6, Cadillac has introduced a new Vsport model that turns up the wick with a twin-turbocharged six packing north of 400 horsepower.

Full article at link.

See less See more
#5 ·
Of course, if you make it a fleet/livery-only vehicle, then the V-Sport model would most likely cease to exist.

IMHO, the XTS is a decent stop-gap vehicle. It is very far from perfect and certainly can't be mentioned the same breath as the Germans, but it was never meant to be a flagship anyway. My hopes are that, once the true flagship car arrives, a next-gen XTS resurfaces as a premium Buick.

Reactions: DBeaSSt
#21 ·
With more hp, it's fast enough so people won't notice its ungainly proportions; only a flash as it blasts past. That's its saving grace.

I'd like to see Cadillac do a Deville/Fleetwood arrangement where a lower priced LTS with perhaps a 6 cylinder replaces the XTS while a stretched V8 is offered as a Fleetwood with a further stretched Series 75 variant being offered as the top model.

#4 ·
The Vsport has some nice stylistic upgrades, but the Impala looks infinitely better IMO. It's just so much better proportioned whereas the XTS screams "mainstream (FWD) car converted to luxury car". Apples to cinamon apples comparison I suppose, this this Vsport is getting nearer twice the price of an Impala, but still. That said, the XTS in general is selling so I have no qualms with that. The CTS is there for those that want a modern mid-luxury sedan. The only real downside is the XTS might be encouraging GM to hold back from making the Impala and LaCrosse as good as they can be, from tech to the twin-turbo engine to an AWD Impala.

CTS Vsport all day!

#15 ·
I wonder how worthwhile it would've been for GM to make a "stopgap" based on the updated VF Zeta Caprice. Totally Cadillac exterior and interior as with the XTS, along with the tech, but then charge 60K for it and compete with the Equus or lower end Lexus LS cars before the real LTS came out. I guess they didn't wanna make such a car Down Under and retool a whole North American plant to make it there either.

This new LTS better be fantastic because GM has had years to do this (2000 Deville could've used the Caprice platform, ditto the 2006 DTS on a brand new Zeta platform).

#13 ·
A very underrated car. I have always liked its looks and would go as far as to say the XTS is better looking than either the ATS or CTS. The V-Sport AWD would be more attractive to me than any equivalently priced German vehicle. It also has great reliability ratings.

#38 ·
I honestly can't understand the enthusiast mentality.

Yes, the XTS serves a purpose. Some people like large, luxurious, comfortable cars. Not every luxury buyer is interested in a car's athletic abilities. Just because enthusiasts don't like it doesn't mean the XTS is a bad car, it just appeals to non-enthusiasts like myself.

#39 ·
Another thing I don't understand:

Cars like the CTS, 5, etc. all don't ride hard/stiff. Ever ridden in an E? "Sporting intentions" really wouldn't be used to describe its ride quality. For cars with a sporty bias like the CTS, adjustable suspensions are available, and do a great job.

#65 ·
Well i think your mom made an awesome choice. But, according to some here, your mom is not the supposed desired type of customer Cadillac needs. She really wanted something else because Cadillac is supposed to be all about Ring times now, screw the smooth and competent ride BS. .

#96 ·
Even this old Daewoo badged Holden car looks much better and more premium than what Cadillac has to offer.

The Cadillac just seems over the top, and not very executive looking. They may as well be SRT in terms of outrageous and ugly designs, especially for premium customers.

#98 · (Edited)
The XTS Vsport looks like a knock off of the old Holden.

People say that the current 2014 Chevrolet SS looks like the current 2014 Malibu, but check out the 2014 Cadillac looking like a much older 2009 car (with a Camry body)

As ive said, Cadillac has lazy designers. They basically copies everywhere.

The front, it looks exactly like the 2014 Cadillac

Check out the roofline / windows / doors it looks exactly like the 2014 Cadillac.

#100 ·
As much as I LOVE the new CTS, I prefer driving the XTS Vsport. It's a softer car, yet decently capable enough to handle the twisties when necessary. The CTS is a bit firm for me and honestly I like having the extra space the XTS provides. My friend who owns the Cadillac dealer in this town has been driving a Black Raven/Carmel demo for a few months now. Absolutely gorgeous. With Michelin tires, it drives like a dream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.