GM Inside News Forum banner

NYAS: 2015 Cadillac CTS Midnight Edition

7K views 41 replies 32 participants last post by  delmarjohn 
#1 ·
2015 Cadillac CTS Midnight Edition unveiled.
World Car Fans
March 28, 2015
By: Michael Gauthier

Cadillac has quietly introduced the 2015 CTS Midnight Edition.

Essentially a styling package for CTS Performance models, the Midnight Edition features a black chrome grille and 18-inch alloy wheels with a dark finish. The special edition also has a sueded microfiber steering wheel and shifter.

The Midnight edition will be available in four colors - Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Crystal White Tricoat, Phantom Gray Metallic and Black Raven - with three different interior themes: Jet Black with Jet Black accents, Light Platinum with Jet Black accents and Jet Black with Morello Red accents.

The package costs $1,095 and will only be offered on CTS models built this spring.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Every time I see this car, I think to myself, "Cadillac's design critics at GMI are as blind as a bat."
What's interesting is that the front of the CT6 makes the CTS's front ( which is awesome btw) look over detailed and fussy. Compare how super clean the front surfaces of the CT6 are. Definitely it's going to be a very elegant design. Now for EFF's sake Cadillac show us something, just a morsel before the main course in about 30 hours. :-(

#6 ·
OMG GM this is just getting really stupid at this point. If they release something else that seems like something you can do yourself or order off eBay I am going to scream. Nothing is special about their special editions. Love the CTS though!

#16 ·
Seeing how alot of people on here complain about too much chrome being used. I would think this would be a welcome edition. I also love the looks of the CTS. Drove one this weekend at the local autoshow.

#19 ·
Sometimes I think this car is not succeeding because it is looks too good and performs too good. If you look at some of its competitors, they are all bland; such as the E class, 5 series (3 too), and GS.

#24 ·
Stop it! You are going to break GMI.

Reactions: megeebee
#22 ·
Now this is a smart move. That's a thousand dollars well spent. Good looking and an image builder for the brand. I'm a firm believer that no cts should ever leave the factory with sandcastle wheels of the base model it's detrimental to the brand image. This looks really sharp.

Thanks for posting up.

#26 · (Edited)
I wonder if they can do this to all the leftover 2014s sitting in the parking lot and rebadge them as 2015s?

Looks nice enough, I have no problem with special editions like these, since Cadillac isn't pretending that they're anything more than just that, special editions. It's the 'sticker package' Colorados in the place of a true off-road package that makes me laugh.

#27 ·
I wonder if they can do this to all the leftover 2014s sitting in the parking lot and rebadge them as 2015s?

looks nice enough, I have no problem with special editions like these, since Cadillac isn't pretending that they're anything more than just that, special editions. It's the 'sticker package' Colorados in the place of a true off-road package that makes me laugh.
Are automakers allowed to do that anymore?

#35 ·
...so they couldn't get a little more creative with the name? Being late to the sticker and stripe game is one thing, but naming it the same as a Chevy truck is lazy.

#42 ·
who cares here in ca the dealers only ship in 5 colors and guess how many are going to order some of these in ,the closet cxadillac dealer who has a navy blue performance CTS is in texas .....if you want white silver black grey or black you are in luck even red but all the other colors are NA and its been that way all year,yes I know I can order it but the deals here are only locked in on whats available when the car comes in and it could be 4 weeks or 4 months ,yes 4 months.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.