New Cadillac XTS & Chevy Spark Fail To Make Grade At CR - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cadillac XTS & Chevy Spark Fail To Make Grade At CR

Thanks
    My Ride
    14 Dart Rallye,87 Fiero 3800SC

Re: New Cadillac XTS & Chevy Spark Fail To Make Grade At CR

Quote Originally Posted by Evo69 View Post
    Meh... its CR. I rate them poor.
    True Very True. They are very biased.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 BMW335xi (CUE=no ATS)

Must be everyone else's fault, right? Folks, CUE is horrendous. At least in my personal, hands-on experience and is enough to put me in a new 335Xi (iDrive which I don't love either has a fully independent HVAC system with buttons and knobs and the Radio has designated buttons and knobs, so you only have to futz with iDrive for NAV and Radio display). Quite a shame actually b/c Caddy is throwing the system in every vehicle they make and I really liked the ATS, but I can't live with CUE. I know I am in the vast minority on this forum and probably the only person here who does not think there is a massive conspiracy against GM or Ford. The systems simply stink.

Thanks

I own a 2012 1.2 Spark an there is nothing wrong with that car for its price you cant expect much, plus here in SA the Spark is not compared to a Honda Fit or Kia Rio. Those cars are bigger than a Spark.

Fit and Rio = Corsa/ Sonic VW Polo. Spark = Peugeot 107/ Kia Picanto /Hyundai i10
    Current Cars:
    2008 Opel Astra OPC
    2013 Opel Astra 1.6T Sport
    2008 Opel Zafira 1.9 CDTi
    2003 Opel Astra 2.0 CSX
    2012 Chevrolet Spark 1.2 LS

Thanks

No shock. CR is, and always has been, biased towards the imports. That mag has no credibility in my eyes.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Ho. Hum.

Expect trouble from CR's ratings of GM vehicles due to the CUE and MyLink systems being rolled out. Like Ford's MyFordTouch (or whatever it's called) expect CR to ding every GM vehicle offering these options.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Corvette Convertible-Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by jadis View Post
    Must be everyone else's fault, right? Folks, CUE is horrendous. At least in my personal, hands-on experience and is enough to put me in a new 335Xi (iDrive which I don't love either has a fully independent HVAC system with buttons and knobs and the Radio has designated buttons and knobs, so you only have to futz with iDrive for NAV and Radio display). Quite a shame actually b/c Caddy is throwing the system in every vehicle they make and I really liked the ATS, but I can't live with CUE. I know I am in the vast minority on this forum and probably the only person here who does not think there is a massive conspiracy against GM or Ford. The systems simply stink.
    Now that CR has voice it's dislikes to the Cue, watch it spread like wild fire by the bloggers who call GM, Government Motors.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evo69 View Post
    Meh... its CR. I rate them poor.
    It's time we provide a GMI Rating of CR auto reports. Consumer Reports is rated "Unacceptable" because of their lack of automotive knowledge and known bias.
    If CR down-rated all new models on the basis of no reliability data, that would equalize things a bit, but apparently thar applies to American cars but not others.
    Perhaps there should be "letters to Consumer Report?" Nah, don't waste your time!

Thanks
    My Ride
    CTA trains and buses

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    But sluggish acceleration, stiff and jittery ride and very noisy cabin dropped the Spark’s overall score to 34, the magazine said.
    This makes the Spark the highest rated U.S. market city car it has tested. The other two- Daimler's Smart fortwo and Toyota's Scion iQ - couldn't manage to even reach a score of 30 in CR's road tests.

It's worth repeating: Chevy Spark is the best city car currently sold in USA.
    Last edited by roy219; 11-20-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    My modes of transportation: CTA 'L' & buses, Metra, Pace bus, rental cars (usually GM), taxicabs, bicycling, and walking.
    Member of the "I will never purchase a new car" club.
    Get the facts about ethanol and biofuels in the USA!

Thanks
    My Ride
    CTA trains and buses

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    It's time we provide a GMI Rating of CR auto reports. Consumer Reports is rated "Unacceptable" because of their lack of automotive knowledge and known bias.
    If CR down-rated all new models on the basis of no reliability data, that would equalize things a bit, but apparently thar applies to American cars but not others.
    Perhaps there should be "letters to Consumer Report?" Nah, don't waste your time!
    Perhaps one should actually read and understand CR's automotive evaluations and their methodologies before providing commentary about them on GM Inside News Forums? Nah, forget it about it!
    My modes of transportation: CTA 'L' & buses, Metra, Pace bus, rental cars (usually GM), taxicabs, bicycling, and walking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al465 View Post
    If the name Toyota was on the XTS & Spark, CR would have rated it the greatest. Those morons at Consumer Reports should not be able to get away with that kind of reporting. I know in this country we have freedom of speech, but that should not give anyone the right to maliciously try to destroy companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Fiero View Post
    True Very True. They are very biased.
    Agreed with the above. CR is biased garbage.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

The overly convoluted touch UI doesn't belong in a car. However, If they insist on using them, the performance needs to be far more snappy and intuitive. There's no excuse for such slow running UIs in modern cars. They're basically a pain in the ass to use.

Thanks
    My Ride
    CTA trains and buses

Quote Originally Posted by Al465 View Post
    If the name Toyota was on the XTS & Spark, CR would have rated it the greatest. Those morons at Consumer Reports should not be able to get away with that kind of reporting. I know in this country we have freedom of speech, but that should not give anyone the right to maliciously try to destroy companies.
    Toyota does make a competitor to the Spark, and as I mentioned previously, CR rated it lower. The magazine has not yet published road test results for Toyota's XTS competitor, the 2013 ES 350.

Whatever malice is exuded here is solely on your part towards Consumer Reports.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avinarf View Post
    Fit and Rio = Corsa/ Sonic VW Polo. Spark = Peugeot 107/ Kia Picanto /Hyundai i10
    Does the Spark is also compared to the Fiat 500?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

The Spark is a little city car, what the heck is CR looking for?
    Need I say anything more about Touchscreens? If they're not ready for primetime they don't belong in a vehicle.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

Wow. I just look at their comparison chart. 4 out of 5 of those cars are NOT in the same class and they cost thousands more. How can you give a car an objective non-bias review if you don't even compare it to cars in its class? By the way, it faired better than the iQ. Crazy
    I didn't go to math school, so I'm not going to do the math.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information