GM Inside News Forum banner

Facelifted 2019 Cadillac CT6 Scooped In Europe

15K views 55 replies 31 participants last post by  sfbreh 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Looks to have the textured Escala grill and a horizontal element to the headlights.

#12 ·
I really hope for something close to the Escala which means thinner headlight openings but given how all other Caddys are coming out with larger and taller lights (XT5 and refresh of XTS) I doubt it. I bet they can duplicate the grille or get it pretty close. Looks like we won't get that nice rear window kink from the Escala.

Have interior shots been leaked?

#16 ·
With a more Escala-like grille and lights, and an interior makeover that hopefully upgrades some switchgear, cleans up some materials mish-mash, and removes all traces of hard plastic, the CT6 would be a clear winner. Hopefully they will also figure out a way to put Supercruise into the plug-in hybrid version, which would be a slam dunk for that segment (and maybe steal some Tesla sales). Just little things could raise the luxury cred of this car SO much higher, and I hope that's Cadillac's vision. Their door panel-to-dash design actually took 2 steps backward from the XTS to the CT6, which I totally don't understand.

We've had a twin-turbo CT6 Platinum in our driveway for about a month now. Very nice car and the ride is superb (finally! - after the XTS was disappointing in that regard). Could use a better engine note, probably could be done with a little exhaust tuning, but it certainly has enough power.

#23 ·
That's so weird! 30 minutes ago I was on a walk and there was a white CT6 sitting at the light and I was giving it the once over to see in my mind how easy it would be to refresh it with ESCALA styling elements. Clearly that's what is going on here. The XT6(7?) is going to have horizontal headlights, so it makes sense to do the same to the CT6. In a year or so they'll probably facelift the XT5 to bring it in line with the rest of the new Cadillacs.

#28 · (Edited)
The CT6 is already the best looking Cadillac sedan right now. It's a tad more conservative on the rear details than they need to be, but the proportions and styling are spot on. Hopefully they can bring some of that Escala look out.

The problem in Cadillac's sedan lineup isn't the CT6- which is actually selling reasonably well among its competitors. The big problem is the ATS and (to a lesser extent) the CTS. They are both too small relative to the competitor for the prices they ask for. Crossovers are hot right now. It would be easier to combat that outside threat with a more roomy, comfortable interior in the ATS and CTS.

#32 ·
Best-looking by a mile. I'm a little bit disappointed that they didn't do the rear like XTS, though.

CTS is a MUCH worse problem than ATS. It isn't sold abroad and it doesn't sell here. I would expect peanut sales from CTS here for probably the foreseeable future, but would hope for improved ATS sales. I don't expect a big improvement, though.

That looks cool. It will give the CT6 a little added flare to go with those proportions.
Which is all it needs, next to a new interior and a V8. A little flair.

#47 ·
Is it not too early to work on this? I mean, if I would be in the market looking for a new car/cadillac and I see that my 90k car will be outdated next year, I would go for something else.
Of course you can calculate when the next facelift will be, but this looks like a really big facelift...

#55 ·
I'm becoming jaded with Luxury Optimism.

I leveled my claim of a 3 year coma and I wouldn't miss anything I'm interested in at Caddy towards a recent very very high level contact and he did not resist in the slightest.

But he did strongly reply that all that I want is coming.

He also strongly agreed that the Coffee Shop is a joke.

#56 ·
My too. I don't try to be optimistic, just realistic.

Realistically, Cadillac will come very close to its goals. Also realistically, I don't expect I'll want a Cadillac when they're done with the brand, as they're going in the direction of an image I'm probably not going to be interested in cultivating for myself.

The Escalade will still be nice and the CT6 will still be a nice car, but at the end of the day, will a Cadillac be justifiable against its competition? Will the brand be recognizable? Will they have hot cars or be a nicer GMC with a smattering of "necessary" cars?

We'll have to wait and see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.