GM Inside News Forum banner

Confirmed: 2016 Cadillac CTS-V to Bow in Detroit

12K views 175 replies 50 participants last post by  BahamaTodd 
#1 ·
Cadillac Confirms New 2016 CTS-V for Detroit Show.
Carscoops
By: John Halas
December 16, 2014

After revealing the V6-powered ATS-V Coupe and Sedan in LA last month, Cadillac is revving up its engines for the world premiere of the almighty 2016 CTS-V at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

Cadillac officials confirmed the news to Autoblog.com through an invitation to the firm's press conference in Detroit, without releasing any other details about the car.

We've spied the new CTS-V sedan, which will likely launch as a 2016 model in North America, on multiple occasions, so we have a rough idea of what it will look like.

Most sources point to the use of a detuned version of the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 found in the new Corvette Z06 producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-horses paired to an eight-speed automatic driving the rear wheels, though, we've also heard rumors about the use of GM's upcoming 4.5-liter twin-turbo V8 previewed on the Elmiraj Concept.

Either way, the new CTS-V will be a true powerhouse that will aim its guns towards the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG high-performance saloons.

See less See more
#10 ·
I just ordered my tickets for the Industry Preview and I couldn't be more excited to walk through the doors. I usually try and hold off on going to GM until I can't stand it anymore, but this is gonna be hard this year.

#46 ·
Anyone having a hard time accepting the V series not offering AWD as an option, heard of snow tires. It may be a hassle to install and carry all four tires back to the house but if you can afford the V model, surely you can afford the high performance or regular snow tires. Lack of AWD is a small sacrifice for an incredible driving experience with RWD.

#48 ·
I'm hardly one of those who thinks you need AWD when the first flake hits the ground. However when we're talking about 600+ hp, AWD is going to put the power down much more efficiently and pay huge dividends for dry weather performance driving. The reason the V needs AWD isn't to convince the snowbirds to buy it, its to give it class leading performance, and I offer the GTR as an example of a car overpowered by it's competitors that it leaves in the dust thanks to better use of its power.

#50 ·
Do you guys realize they're getting 1.6-1.7 60' times on the Stingray, with the factory tires? Z06 is rated at 2.95 seconds to 60mph...RWD, with modern electronics and suspension technology is far superior to what it used to be. AWD is great for what it is, but adds weight, complexity and cost as well as making the car slower in everything but from a stop or low speed hard launches.

#51 · (Edited)
If you guys want to know where all that malarkey about the new Z being down in power, overheating, lacking performance, etc., came from, well it all started in the Z06 section of Corvette Forums. It's been hijacked by a group of Viper guys, who are the ones responsible for that video of the new Z losing to a Viper last week in roll racing. Ever since that video, all the threads have been by these Viper guys who say that the Z doesn't have the performance GM promised and that the car overheats, both of which are patently untrue but they are using that one video as evidence that the car underperforms and Randy Pobst's brief comment about oil temperatures running hot, but in a press car that had been running all day. That video has been shown all over the internet.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see the new V!

#61 ·
I'm curious how the latest AWD amg e class Mercedes is selling compared to the previous years RWD version.

I think AWD would improve sales in the hyper sedan segment even for Cadillac.

The northeast and other areas of the country prefer high performance family transports to be AWD.

I tend to agree although if anyone knows if the latest E class is selling better with AWD I think that information would be insightful.

Reactions: Envoy4Life
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.