GM Inside News Forum banner

Cadillac XT7: Check This Out...

9K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  mbukukanyau 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, remember this thread?

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/2018-chevrolet-traverse-spied-242401/

That car was first thought to be the Cadillac XT7, but people said the face doesn't match any Cadillacs and so it was decided that it was instead the new 2018 Chevrolet Traverse.

I don't think that car 2018 Chevrolet Traverse. I'll explain why.

When Cadillac revealed their Escala Concept a few days ago:

They mentioned something about the new face going into production soon:

Johan de Nysschen said:
“Escala is a concept with two clear objectives,” said Johan de Nysschen, president of Global Cadillac. “First, Escala is a statement of intent for the next iteration of the Cadillac design language, and also technical concepts in development for future Cadillac models. Secondly, Escala builds Cadillac’s aspirational character, signaling the brand’s return to the pinnacle of premium.”
Cadillac said:
Escala features a new and evolved face of Cadillac design that will begin appearing on production models soon. This includes a new expression of Cadillac’s vertical lighting, a brand signature since 1948. Organic light emitting diode (OLED) lighting elements are thinner and set deep within the fascia, creating a sinister look, day and night.

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#4 ·
I second that hahahahaha. We will know for sure soon enough.

#10 ·
Nope. There's a split bar and a bowtie, but I see why you would think that. The lower grille is very deceptive and does look almost Escalade-like.

PS, check out this creepy ass face:

(and the un-Cadillac fog lamp treatment, as well as the bulbous, horizontal lights.)

#12 ·
It is not! He has not yet come to the field tests:

Flexible platform to speed Caddy crossover launches
Automotive News
March 14, 2016
De Nysschen's explanation clarified a flap over spy photos released this month that purported to show a camouflaged big Cadillac cross-over undergoing road tests.

"It's not running yet," he said. "It is a program request that we initiated with the engineers only last year. They are working at remarkable, record-breaking speed to get us the car."

#13 ·
Okay guys, remember this thread?

What do you guys think?
I think it was a good guess, but I don't think so. I think it was a prototype of the Traverse. Who knows if the "flexible" version for Caddy is just a different wheel base of the same platform or not.

#18 ·
I see more Cadillac in that grille behind the mesh part of the camo than I do the new split grille being used on current Chevrolet models like the Cruze and new '17 Trax, etc. Evidence being all the cross bars that the new Chevy models do not have so Envoy4Life may well be on to something, who knows.

#22 · (Edited)
I can see what your getting at because it has the styling elements. The light don't throw me because they are just temps. It looks like an updated Escalade but clearly on a small platform. This would give Caddy another SUV to sell.

#23 ·
Not enough information for me to hazard a guess, but I suppose we can't rule it out.

The big problem is the slow rollout of new product.. ATS and CTS need immediate styling updates, CUV one and two sizes smaller than XT5 were needed two years ago.. I think Escala should be green lit for production AS a true hardtop with just a few tweaks.

An actual CT7 somewhat based on the Elmiraj should be explored, along with a RR Phantom sized CT9

#27 · (Edited)
If you look at the image again you will find the headlights are actually not big. The cutouts are big but the lights are very small. Also it looks like one cut out doesn't even have a light in it. Only issue I do see is the fogs being in the round form. Still with all of that I am back to thinking Chevy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.