Cadillac CTS Wagon Getting the Axe - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CTS Wagon Getting the Axe

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac CTS Wagon Getting the Axe

Quote Originally Posted by Olds88 View Post
    Darth Vader's car will always be the Buick Grand National
    This is true for A New Hope but for Return of the Jedi he'd be back in the CTS-V wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt Blue Topaz

My understanding was that the CTS Wagon was built for the purpose of boosting Cadillac in Europe. But GM pulled the plug on Cadillac in Europe before it was complete. With the eningeering done it went to market in North America anyways. I've actually seen a fair number of CTS wagons around here. But us Canadians have always appreciated the wagon more than those south of the boarder.

I'm not supprised but would be dissapointed if true. If GM does plan to offer Cadillac as a global brand a wagon model will eventually be a must.

CJH
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Audi A6 4.2, Durango LTD 5.7L

Bummer. Its the only wagon I've ever liked!! CTS-V wagon is Bad-A$$!!!!
    Past Rides:
    Audi S4 2.7TT
    Ford Explorer 5.0L
    Pontiac Grand AM 3.4L
    Chevy Corsica 3.0L

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 vcs2600's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know if they built any CTS wagons with the 3.6 V6 & manual transmission? (This would be a fun used car)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Sorry to see it go. The CTS wagon is a very attractive car. It is WAY nicer than the Mercedes E-class wagon. Too bad it didn't sell in better numbers to keep it going into the next generation. May look at trading the STS in on one while they still make them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vcs2600 View Post
    Does anyone know if they built any CTS wagons with the 3.6 V6 & manual transmission? (This would be a fun used car)
    Don't think so - I believe the only CTS wagons that could have a manual were the V-Series.
    "Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" - The Office

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

I would like a CTSV wagon. Can't get the wife on board though.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I just had to sell our CTS wagon (unexpectantly expecting a third child - the CTS couldn't fit all three + any friends) - just about cried when I let it go. Best combination of ride/handling I have ever driven. And an ultra-rare car - I can't count the number of thumbs-up I got driving that car. In fact, I liked it so much that we settled for a year-older SRX with a third-row as its replacement. It's the closest thing I could find that had that combo of ride/handling (although, with the sport package in the SRX, it seems to trade the ride a bit for flatter handling). The sigma platform is awesome, and I hate to see it go with the next CTS. However, I sold the CTS to a family member and have first crack at it back if/when they ever sell it.
    Current cars:
    2009 Cadillac 1st-gen CTS wagon (a.k.a. SRX - AWD 3.6)
    2009 Ford Mustang GT
    2001 Jeep Cherokee

Past cars:
    2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon (AWD 3.0)
    2001 Olds Aurora (3.5)
    2008 Chrysler T&C
    2001 Pontiac Grand Am (2.4)
    1998 GMC Sierra
    1997 Chevrolet Malibu (3.1)
    1995 Honda Civic (1.6) - married into it
    1984 Pontiac 6000 STE - first car

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

The 5 passenger wagon is a bigger deal in Europe, but too bad. Those wagon taillights were the coolest thing Caddy has made in decades!
    Check out my automotive blog http://elvisceralappeal.blogspot.com/

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar rueben44's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Its been said that the only body style will be the sedan for a while once the next generation comes out.

Although, as I said on day one when pricing was released, GM killed the wagon before it went on sale. You could get an equally as good equipped SRX for more than $5k less (IIRC) than a CTS wagon. It is a shame because it is the sexiest Cadillac vehicle they have produced in years.
    I have driven both back to back and sorry but the SRX is no where in the same field as the wagon. The problem with the sales of the wagon is that women want to sit high so they don't want a wagon. Men like powerful wagons but there is not enough of them in that price range in America. Have they tried to sell the wagon globally to recoupe lack of sales here? This just sucks!
    2012 Hyundai Veloster
    2008 Ford F150 Regular Cab
    Future car: Cadillac ELR or Tesla Model S

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Pontiac GTO M6

I never said they were in the same field but merely cross shopped in the same dealership and the higher MSRP made it hard for the wagon to compete with the SRX.
    Just that time again to ignore certain people. I'm certain they will continue to try and instigate and antagonize while throwing up their arms saying they did nothing but are here on a civil basis. Not worth the time seeing how some just seem to know all.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

I believe this leaves exactly zero wagons for sale by an American manufacturer.
    FYI... one can buy a 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD Wagon for about the same price as a FWD 3.0 SRX.
    That choice is what they call a "no-brainer".
    I got tired of waiting for GM to make a FWD convertible.

2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C320 4Matic

Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS/2010/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Al63240 View Post
    I agree with all of the comments so far with one exception. I don't think this says anything at all about Americans attitude towards wagons. When the only wagon you offer is on a $50Kish Cadillac, how many buyers can there be. While I know it will never happen, put out a reasonably priced cruze wagon or regal wagon, see how the sales go and then make a judgement on the overall American attitude towards wagons.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that it is a fact that the majority of Americans would never consider a wagon, but using this particular example as the barometer of that sentiment seems wrong to me.
    If GM were you try your idea, only to find out they didnt sell, GM would loose A TON of cash they probably dont have. I see your point, but trying out your idea would be very "finacially risky".
    Todd

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Cruze TD , 88 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by Al63240 View Post
    I agree with all of the comments so far with one exception. I don't think this says anything at all about Americans attitude towards wagons. When the only wagon you offer is on a $50Kish Cadillac, how many buyers can there be. While I know it will never happen, put out a reasonably priced cruze wagon or regal wagon, see how the sales go and then make a judgement on the overall American attitude towards wagons.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that it is a fact that the majority of Americans would never consider a wagon, but using this particular example as the barometer of that sentiment seems wrong to me.
    No one wants a $50K wagon in the US....Except the MERC/AUDI/BMW groupies......

If a Cruze Diesel wagon were offered in the US, what would Mr/Mrs US consumer buy? A 30MPG Equinox or the 50+ MPG Cruze wagon? The Cruze Diesel wagon would put a serious dent in the sales #'s for the Equinox. GM won't allow that to happen.....

Ken
    Last edited by kmacleod; 11-27-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: sentence structure

Thanks
    My Ride
    GM V-8's

Quote Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
    If a Cruze Diesel wagon were offered in the US, what would Mr/Mrs US consumer buy? A 30MPG Equinox or the 50+ MPG Cruze wagon? The Cruze Diesel wagon would put a serious dent in
    the sales #'s for the Equinox.
    Unfortunately this is the truth. My father in law has been putting off buying a VW Jetta TDI wagon because he really hopes that GM will build the Cruze wagon with a diesel for the US market. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but this post makes sense. I guess we'll never see an Equinox with a diesel either.
    1968 Buick Skylark (Buick 350/4)
    1972 Chevrolet Corvette (350 LT-1)
    2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LS (5.3 liter)
    1983 Chevrolet C/10 Silverado (350 Goodwrench)

Former: 1989 GMC Suburban R1500 (5.7 liter)
    1969 Buick Skylark Custom (Buick 350/2)
    1971 Buick Riviera (Buick 455)
    1971 Buick Electra 225 (Buick 455)

Without Buick, GM never would have existed.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information