GM Inside News Forum banner

Cadillac Anouncement Feb 23

6K views 71 replies 27 participants last post by  impala02 
#1 ·
Reactions: 91fairladyZ
#3 ·
This just in..... they're buying Opel / Vauxhall.

No wait..... think it was changed to Alfa and Maserati .... and FIAT ?

#5 · (Edited)
I think he would. Probably sees the notion of carrying each other forward as a collectivist mindset, and therefore left wing. It's a very (small d) democratic statement, which is unusual for a luxury brand. Luxury is, after all, elitist by nature. It's not about sharing, per se. It's about "look at me and what I can get that you can't." So, it is interesting. I am interested in seeing what they are getting at.

#6 ·
Luxury, the very notion of it, celebrates those who feel self-important. Luxury is supposed to make you feel important. It would not be surprising in the least if Cadillac pandered to people who feel self-important. Luxury should validate such feelings.

Reactions: richmond2000
#20 ·
Cadillac has another teaser today. It says "why does the sky have to be the limit?"

#37 ·
Well, they have, more or less, given this a way. These teases are just part of hyping the Escala concept. What a bummer.

#38 ·
PSA are buying Cadillac? ;)

#53 · (Edited)
Almost all luxury car ad demographics is target at the 20-35 year old age group and have minorities as owners base on PC! Kids are important component of deciding on cars! If the kid(s) do not like the car, chances are pretty certain they not going buy it. (Only Mercedes, Bentley, Range Rover and Rolls target the 45 and over crowd).
Their ad agencies believe that building up that aspiration will eventually lead to sales when they can afford to buy luxury cars and planning it advertising around that future event. Same idea behind prime time TV spot advertising. Completely ignore anyone 50 and older viewers! Political correctness is important so they do not get accuse of anything from the powers to be elites!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.