GM Inside News Forum banner

Best. Cadillac. Ever.

7K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  jpd80 
#1 ·
In the Age of Ute, Cadillac’s decision to roll out a full-size flagship sedan – the CT6 – has been met by rolled eyes from many in the auto press. Tough crowd. But as I tell anyone in the luxe shopping aisle these days: You gotta drive this car.

It is the best. Cadillac. Ever.

The luxury brand’s comeback has been longer and more frustrating than that of Tiger Woods. Like the golfing great, Caddy deems anything short of No. 1 a loss. As Woods benchmarks to Spieth and McIlroy, so has GM’s luxury brand benchmarked to BMW, Audi, and Mercedes – the kings of performance luxury.

full article at link:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...2016/06/25/payne-best-cadillac-ever/86369876/

#4 ·
the car really is a head turner. I hope it gains market acceptance.

I saw the new 7 Series on the road yesterday. The back end is really awkward/weak looking in real life. Overall nice vehicle, but they dropped the ball on the back, in particular the exhaust. Seen directly from the back end, the back of the 7 Series seems tall and narrow, almost Japanese in appearance.

#5 ·
I love the look of this car with its long low front end and length of the passenger cabin. It makes the car look stately and impressive IMO. These folks were enamored by it as well I take it. I need to get inside one though to see if all this talk of interior ills are really so even though it has been shown on video. ;) I guess that got by this guy or he didn't think it was an issue. Edit: With this car the glory days of Cadillac could be back but in a totally modern and up to date way.

#8 · (Edited)
Finally got to sit in a new CT6 yesterday. It was on the showroom floor so I didn't have a chance to start it up and play with it, nor did I spend a whole lot of time in it. First impression was it was nice but didn't blow me away.

Full disclosure, we sat in a Platinum Escalade that was on the lot prior to sitting in the CT6 and it did make quite an impression. The leather in the Escalade was superb. After sitting in that and then sitting in the CT6 I was asking myself why didn't GM make the upgraded leather standard on the CT6.

Was very anxious to drive it but didn't want to go through the hassle. On a side note, they had a Cascada and it was pretty nice too!

#10 ·
Hey, what do you think of this "moonstone metallic" color?

Reactions: megeebee
#12 ·
I also sat in a CT6 on Friday, a stunning white Platinum model on the floor at Cadillac House in their NYC headquarters. I wish my ELR had the touchpad interface on the console, but oh well.

I made sure to check out the "hard plastic" lower door panels that some here have positively whined about, but found that they're not what "hard plastic" is generally used to mean (you know, the stuff that is usually found trimming the seat frame power seat control area of most cars) but rather (while rigid) the lower door plastic is skinned in a soft feel, virtually no-gloss material. Perfectly acceptable. Overall it makes quite a nice impression. I would say it's the best looking car in its large sedan class, quite easily, and priced pretty aggressively.

#16 ·
It's all a matter of taste. As usual for teen-years Caddys, I just don't see much that stands out about this car. The rear end is better looking than typical modern Cads, is that a hint of fin I see there?

But rilly. Few modern cars stand out or are remarkable or handsome. I like the Lincolns, they are unusual in a positive way, though I think their new grilles are a step backwards.

Yesterday we had rare sightings of a black K900 V8 and then an Equus within 100 yards and a few seconds of each other. I never see those on the road.

For something that asks fitty-sitty grand for admission, they blended in so well they'd make great undercover cars for any upscale police agency. But their style was not remarkable.

Nor, in my eyes, is this Caddy.

#18 ·
Eat a healthy diet. Get exercise. Drink water. Choose the right parents. Stay tuned. Be patient.

#23 ·
There's something missing from the CT6 that I can't quite put my finger on. It's not the bland styling. I mean, Audis and Benzes are no lookers these days.

It's like the Lexus LS. Seemingly perfect in every measure. Ticks all the right boxes. Yet underwhelms.

So what's the missing je ne sais quoi...?

#24 ·
CT6 is great, give it time and things will be OK..

Looking further out I would hope that Cadillac replaces CTS with CT4 based on SWB Omega
and replaces ATS with LWB ATS-L and calls it CT2...that woudl give all cars more room and
better differentiation / distinction between them

CTS and DTS should always have been on Zeta or its evolution (Omega)
That gives us the sizes of the former cars with the quality of new era Cadillac.
The base engine for all US Cadillac cars should be 3.6 V6 and 10AT as a minimum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.