GM Inside News Forum banner

2017 Cadillac CTS MCE photos

11K views 63 replies 27 participants last post by  SKH 
#1 ·
2017 Cadillac CTS spy photos
Automotive News
May 17, 2016 @ 11:45 am
By: John Irwin

Finally, some photos of the radically redesigned CTS! Count 'em, yep that's 4 bars on the grille! That's at least 33% better than last year's grille.

The Cadillac CTS nameplate will soldier on for another year but feature a new grille for 2017 and other styling cues borrowed from Cadillac’s new flagship, spy photos of the midsize luxury sedan reveal.

Some industry analysts have speculated the CTS nameplate would be changed to CT5 for 2017 as part of Cadillac’s new nomenclature. But the change to the CT5 name likely will come when the sedan is redesigned for 2019 as part of long-term brand plans to introduce new names when models are redesigned or all new.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
I am sure that all of those folks who have leases coming up on their current CTS's will just be chomping at the bit to get those upgrades !!!
Wow, think of the sales explosion this will cause. :D
I've got about 6 months to go on my lease. I was very interested to see what the changes would be - and end up disappointed. I think my next car will be a 2017 Lincoln MKZ with the 400-hp engine..

#33 ·
Most luxury buyers (including me most of the time) want that midcycle refresh to look like a significant improvement over the original re-design. Most luxury buyers don't hold onto their cars for very long. But the last two LS's I bought looked exactly the same. My wife and I didn't want her parents to know we bought a new car. They never did notice...

#49 ·
It's amazing to me, that back in 2008, Tesla introduced the Roadster, a $110k reconfigured Lotus Elise. GM also introduced the first-generation Volt at the same time.

Yet, here in 2016, Tesla is the leader in American luxury car brands, while Cadillac has barely crept forward. Anyone care to guess who has spent more in R&D?

#50 ·
It really doesn't matter what Cadillac does, whether they decrease weight, change styling, better handling, nicer interiors, etc., etc...the perception of the luxury buyer is that German cars are better. They hear it and read it every day and it effects sales, plain and simple. When was the last time you read an article about a newer Cadillac that didn't bring up a Cimarron, or some old model dinosaur of a Cadillac? Mercedes built some turds in their time as well, but does the media ever bring that up? Nope....and they won't do it, because they most likely drive or aspire to drive a Mercedes or BMW. Like it or not, there is a very Anti-American bias in the world as a whole, and American cars are at the top of that Anti-American bias.

#53 · (Edited)
The ATS does have a crunchy ride, but CT6 doesn't, nor does Camaro.

Not all Alphas are the same.

I'm okay with a small sporty car like ATS being on the harsh side, however. The audience for that kind of car is younger, less affluent, and more about excitement than comfort. The typical ATS buyer can still pop wood without a pill.

The "isolated tank" format is best for when back and neck problems become a part of daily life. Or fat people.

Americans are fat.

#55 ·
CT6 only rides stiff when placed in Sport mode. In tour, it's softer and more comfortable than either Alpha car. Speaking of the Alpha cars, CTS is the "softer" riding Alpha car in my experiences. Still, it does ride stiffer than the competition, for better or for worse.

Remember, CT6 isn't an Alpha car. It's on Omega.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.