GM Inside News Forum banner

2016 Cadillac CTS-V Clears its Supercharged V8 Throat on the Nurburgring

8K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  NHRATA01 
#1 ·
2016 Cadillac CTS-V Clears its Supercharged V8 Throat on the Nurburgring
Autoevolution
by Mircea Panait
20th October 2014

While we wait for the Detroit Motor Show to open its doors in January and finally get a proper look at the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V, the performance four-door sedan bruiser has been recently caught on film dropping hot laps on the Nurburgring Nordschleife. And we're happy to announce you're in for quite a big treat.

Because Cadillac is in the middle of reinventing itself as a brand and its product lineup, both engineers and designers are making quite an effort with the newest lot of Caddies. That's why the most potent vehicle in Caddy's upcoming lineup - the gorgeous 2016 CTS-V, is going to pack some serious grunt under its angular hood adorned by a big central vent.

In terms of aesthetics, the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V will look pretty much like the 2014 model year, but with a few modern touches added here and there and a bit more oomph squeezed from its supercharged 6.2-liter V8 powerhouse, similar to the same engine that's propelling the 2015 Corvette Z06. It's mum's guess just how many ponies will be sent to the rear wheels, but do expect north of 600 horsepower.

More at link

See less See more
#4 ·
...it can be as fast as you can make it, as long as it isn't faster than the Corvette

#5 ·
Well, the top of the line models like the CTS-V and Camara Z28 is actually just as good or better than the Corvette, until the Z06 comes out which it has not been tested.

The base Corvette is no longer protected for having the best performance. GM is pulling out all the stops and going full force.

#8 ·
I just watched the video again and noticed there are vents on the upper rear fenders similar to the same location on the new Vette. They are not easy to see, you have to look really close and at the right angle but I swear I saw something. This car is packing something that needs extra air to keep cool!

#18 ·
It's a perception issue that Cadillac isn't a priority at GM, not a performance issue.

"It's got a Corvette engine!!!! :):clap::yup::hooray:" = Cadillac only gets hand-me-downs from the only program that GM really cares about.

Not dissing the Z06 in the slightest, but Cadillac definitely needs to create the perception that they are doing their own thing.

#19 ·
I dont' mind a super-performance model Cadillac with a Corvette motor, but I always preferred Cadillac and Oldsmobile line-ups because they were the only ones that had their own engines, and Cadillac had its own "premium" chassis. Then they killed Olds and Cadillac exclusive motors and chassis, at least until Omega shows up.

I like my Sigma CTS knowing someone doesn't have 70% of it in a Chevy/Buick... but still not exclusive motor. Not because I am a snob, but because I feel like I got something more/better for the premium I paid. They should bless Buicks and (occasionally Chevy) with Cadillac motors, not have Impalas running around in XTS guise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.